Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens 34 - 49ers 31 (Superbowl XLVII)
Got to love that it came down to a no call.
What a great game!!! So glad it was a "game" and not a blow out!

Congratulations Gut! Sure thought that blackout might've stopped their momentum, but the Ravens stayed the course!!

Ladies & gentlemen.....COAL would've kept the lights on!!
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Boorriinnggggg!!!!:yawn::eyeroll:
This was Ray Lewis's game from the start. Was I the only person who saw all the no calls for the Ravens in the last few min of this game and I'm not even talking about the pass to Crabtree. On the safety right in plain fiew of the cameras and right in frunt of a reff the closest 49er to the kicker had a Ravens player hanging on to his waist laying down on the ground being drug like 2 or 3 yards and the ref just dropped his head and looked at the ground in shame..............and he should have! I am done with the NFL for good folks! This game just felt scripted.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Boorriinnggggg!!!!:yawn::eyeroll:
This was Ray Lewis's game from the start. Was I the only person who saw all the no calls for the Ravens in the last few min of this game and I'm not even talking about the pass to Crabtree. On the safety right in plain fiew of the cameras and right in frunt of a reff the closest 49er to the kicker had a Ravens player hanging on to his waist laying down on the ground being drug like 2 or 3 yards and the ref just dropped his head and looked at the ground in shame..............and he should have! I am done with the NFL for good folks! This game just felt scripted.

Lol, I agree with you. The calls got very fishy towards the end. U can call the pass interference for Boldin but no crabtree on 2 straight possessions?
"But on another note" Granny I didn't know you did commercials but then I saw you in the Taco Bell commercial tonight and I must say that you did great.:Clap:Confusednicker:
At least it wasn't ME pushing my nipple to the window!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Granny Bear Wrote:At least it wasn't ME pushing my nipple to the window!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

LOL!!!Confusednicker:
Superbowl Blackout
How about the no-offsides call on the 2pt conversion? Surely looked like Ed got a little jump.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Boorriinnggggg!!!!:yawn::eyeroll:

I assume you didn't see the constant holding the entire night.
Its okay though, i guess when you pay someone to kill the lights when your getting destroyed to swing momentum is a fair trade.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Got to love that it came down to a no call.

You and your ref jokes.
Always entertains me....
All year ive set by waiting, hoping, and never deterred to see the best team in the league finally win the superbowl again.
Flacco should be placed in the ELITE category. Hes already half way to fat ben.

Boldin has shown time and time again he may have been the best pickup the Ravens made.

The self proclaimed "greatest receiver of all time" was of course a non factor.

Kappernickel still has a lot to learn. The inexperience showed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they find Mike Browns and Tomlins finger prints on the transformer giving power to the stadium.

The Ravens continue to show why there the best franchise of today. Most playoff wins in the last 5 years, and they will continue to dominate.

Get ready for non stop gloating and insults for the next year.
Oh, and BOOM.
First off...
I still hate the Ravens

Second...
the hold that the 9ers were crying about wasn't a hold and it was an overthrow on top of that

Third...
the hold in the endzone, even though it should have been called, had no impact on the game whatsoever. It wouldn't have stopped the clock if they threw the flag and a hold in the end zone = what?

A safety. So the exact same thing would have happened no matter what.

Fourth...
[Image: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-as...2606_n.jpg]
^
Love it.
Im off to bed, i shall return tomorrow to hear the non stop bad call talk and murder jokes, but until then i will continue to bask in all my glory.

Superbowls in 2013
Baltimore Ravens 1
Every other NFL team 0
This wasn't the only obvious blown call. They missed another defensive pass interference earlier in the 2nd Quarter that would likely have been a TD, blew the offsides call on 2 pt conversion, and failed to throw out a Ravens player who shoved the ref. These were all pivotal moments and its pitiful that this crew of supposedly the top officials blew them all yet managed to make those calls for the Ravens when they went the other way. I hear the same controversy as the Steelers-Seahawks super bowl coming soon and loudly. (no pun intended)
Hey, I can't blame you, when my teams win it all I'm going to bask in the glory for all the time I can in the world regardless of the circumstance, but it is always going to be remembered as a pretty coincidental Super Bowl where an all-time great announces his retirement and goes out with the Lombardi, in which there were several missed calls admittedly. That same great is currently accused of cheating, and in the past accused of murder. So let's see how in the future NON Ravens fans look at this one. This league has it's own way of coincidences. Tom Brady and the PATRIOTS winning the Super Bowl shortly after 9/11 (then 2 more afterwards to validate it a little more).. the Saints a few years after a Hurricane, and now the Ravens after the death of their (leaving ugly-adjectives out) owners passing and stars retirement... in a game that certainly looked like the commish had money on it in crunch time.

To say someone paid someone to unplug lights is the dumbest statement I've ever heard, Beyonce's (damn sexy) halftime show probably used a ton of electricity and contributed to that. To end this rant, I am a Cleveland Browns fan.. before you reply I'm either assuming you live in Baltimore ... in which case you must know how bad it feels to have your franchise TAKEN, or you live in KY which makes me wonder ... how the f*** do ya end up a Baltimore fan? Regardless, congrats on your title and hopefully one day the Browns get ours.
As a Bengals fan, I'm happy Bobbie Williams won a Super Bowl, and as a Uc Bearcats fan, I'm glad John Harbaugh won a Super Bowl.

and that's it
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I assume you didn't see the constant holding the entire night.
Its okay though, i guess when you pay someone to kill the lights when your getting destroyed to swing momentum is a fair trade.

Hey I have no problem with no calls in big games IF it's a close call but some of the stuff the refs were choosing to overlook in this game were far from close. After I saw the replay of the safety play on ESPN it looked even worse then it did the first time. Almost every Ravens player was holding a 49ers player so bad that they were holding on to jerseys and everything and the 49ers players were just trying to get loose but not one single ref even thought about going for a flag. And as far as the call on the pass to Crabtree, yes Crabtree was pushing but he had no choice with the fact that the Ravens player had both hands locked in holding and never even made much of an attempt to even look back for the ball. Ravens fan or not if you can look at that in slow motion and everything and say that you don't think it was pass interference then I just don't know what to say. I think it was way more clear cut then the pass interference call the Ravens receiver got in the drive before. If you are going with the no call stuff then it should go both ways.
I have nothing against the Ravens and I'm not a 49ers fan either but I chose to root for the 9ers just to be a part of the game. I've been getting suspicious of the NFL for years. Not just the NFL but all pro sports. Money is the biggest corrupter on this earth and the pro sports in this country make a lot of it. How hard would it be for you to believe if it came out that the NFL or the NBA were planning the outcome of games and the champions by who they think would get the most attention and make the most green. Think about all the stories of this game and then think about if it was the Colts and Seahawks Super Bowl. Do you think that Super Bowl match up would make as much money this year as the one we got???????? If stuff like this is going on I wouldn't be surprised at all. The NFL commissioner,players and even fans say that this is a business. What is the number 1 goal above anything else for a business??? To make- [Image: http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-a...239000.gif]
I didn't care which team won, I was just a football fan watching the superbowl...

With that being said, you do not get blown out by 22 points because of bad calls. If that was the case then they would have never gotten back in the game.
This was the first time i got to see Kaepernick play this year!
I was highly impressed with the arm strength of this kid!!
HE HAS A GUN!!!

Leaves me with the question why did teams pass on this kid???
As a steelers fan this game was a lose for me no matter who won the game.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hey, I can't blame you, when my teams win it all I'm going to bask in the glory for all the time I can in the world regardless of the circumstance, but it is always going to be remembered as a pretty coincidental Super Bowl where an all-time great announces his retirement and goes out with the Lombardi, in which there were several missed calls admittedly. That same great is currently accused of cheating, and in the past accused of murder. So let's see how in the future NON Ravens fans look at this one. This league has it's own way of coincidences. Tom Brady and the PATRIOTS winning the Super Bowl shortly after 9/11 (then 2 more afterwards to validate it a little more).. the Saints a few years after a Hurricane, and now the Ravens after the death of their (leaving ugly-adjectives out) owners passing and stars retirement... in a game that certainly looked like the commish had money on it in crunch time.

To say someone paid someone to unplug lights is the dumbest statement I've ever heard, Beyonce's (damn sexy) halftime show probably used a ton of electricity and contributed to that. To end this rant, I am a Cleveland Browns fan.. before you reply I'm either assuming you live in Baltimore ... in which case you must know how bad it feels to have your franchise TAKEN, or you live in KY which makes me wonder ... how the f*** do ya end up a Baltimore fan? Regardless, congrats on your title and hopefully one day the Browns get ours.

Ive been a Baltimore fan since the first time i watched all there thug nastys bringing that Miami type of play into the NFL. I became a fan around 98, and only had to wait a couple of years to see a frist SB. However, ive had to wait over 10 to see the next one.
In a world where a lot of your friends and family are clueless and endlessly root for the worst franchise in the NFL (Bungles), then its a smart choice to pick a team you like and that has a chance of winning. Ive watched the Ravens play at Cincy 4 or 5 times. Its been a Ravens win every time.
I just hope we continue on next year.
Curveball 24 Wrote:This was the first time i got to see Kaepernick play this year!
I was highly impressed with the arm strength of this kid!!
HE HAS A GUN!!!

Leaves me with the question why did teams pass on this kid???

Barring any injuries, Keapernick will be an elite QB with in a couple of years.
My question is where will Alex Smith end up?
Jets maybe? Tebow back at backup again with another team?
Anybody gonna count up the playoff contest? Confusednicker:
^ congrats on ur team winning the Super Bowl!!

Go Colts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Everyone is wanting to go on about pass interference and stuff...
but how about this.

1st and goal from the 5 with the 49ers and you keep chucking it into the endzone?!?!?!?!
If they would have ran the ball they would have scored - without a doubt in my mind.
They had PLENTY of time.