Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 High School Regional Wrestling results
Please post any updates/results you have from your regional wrestling meet.

Team standings....
Upsets....
Ejections....
Place Winners.....
"Hello, is there anybody in there. Just nod if you can hear me......."

Anybody have any updates??
The results are being updated here in realtime. Click on region 8 and go through the menus at top.

http://s302.trackwrestling.com/tw/Login....ity=&gbId=
My man....
Thanks for the link.
Congrats to Johnson Central for the Region 8 title and sending 13 wrestlers to state. That's impressive work. Only Union County is sending more to the state meet, as far as I can tell from the KHSAA web site. We keep getting closer and closer. I think if JCHS ever wins a team sport championship, wrestling is probably our best shot.
Diogenes Wrote:Congrats to Johnson Central for the Region 8 title and sending 13 wrestlers to state. That's impressive work. Only Union County is sending more to the state meet, as far as I can tell from the KHSAA web site. We keep getting closer and closer. I think if JCHS ever wins a team sport championship, wrestling is probably our best shot.

I 100% agree.

I've been around wrestling for a long, long time.... and here are some over looked aspects to winning a team title in wrestling.
- Bring a full team (14 weight classes) to the meet.
- Championship bracket advancement points
- "Win by Pin" points
- Placement points

If memory serves me correctly, Sheldon Clark didn't have a single indiv. state champion either year when they won Back-To-Back team state titles in the early 90's.
I congratulate Johnson Central on continuing the tradition. They know what it takes to succeed in the sport. They represent the mountains with class, swagger, and dedication to this sport. I am disappointed however at the Letcher Co School Board who has shown that they really don't care about what happens to this sport. This is the first time in 7 years that we didn't send a fourth place finisher or above in this tournament. I do not blame the young men who are trying to participate in this sport, but the powers that be who has treated this sport a joke. Four coaches in four years, and then the last coach had no coaching experience what so ever. This falls blame to our athletic director who says he has trouble finding a coach. I think that is a BS statement. Hopefully with a new Superintendent, we can get this matter fixed. Congrats again to Johnson Central who shows how to get it done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]