K. Carroll - 12 pts 3 asst
L. Carroll - 8 pts 2 stls 3 asst

A.J. Howard - 22 pts
Manns - 20 pts
M. Howard - 13 pts
C. Howard - 7 pts

Pville - 18 TO's
Mag. - 10 TO's

Score was 60-50 with 3 min to go and Paintsville made a hard fought comeback just came up short in the end.

One FANTASTIC ball game to watch, best game in the 15th ALL YEAR.
Is Paintsville that good or did Magoffin Co. just play that bad?
"Beef" Wrote:Is Paintsville that good or did Magoffin Co. just play that bad?

Paintsville can play when they want to, it just seems like they always bring their "A" game against Magoffin. I believe the stats prove that Magoffin didn't play bad, they only had 10 turnovers to Paintsville's 18. That is the 2nd time this year that Paintsville has played Magoffin to the wire, and if I'm not mistakin Paintsville is the only team that has come close to beating them. Jarrell made a basket LATE in the ballgame to put Pville up by 1, BUT a walk ( :roll: , no way it was) was called on her. Not saying that would have won them the game, but it was a heartbreaker for the girls. I look for these 2 teams to battle it out for the district championship, I just hope the girls play harder next time and come out with a victory.

Great win for the Lady Hornets as they improve to what, 10-0 in region play and 4-0 in district play, these girls are gonna be TOUGH to beat come tourney time.

Keep your heads up Lady Tigers, keep playing like you have been and you will be alright come tourney time.
Sounds like a great game.. Congrats to Magoffin Co.!!
this suprise me big time... but congrats magoffin county
I told everyone in the prediction thread that this IS a great rivalry. These two teams always play a great game.

Paintsville always play their best game against Magoffin. If Paintsville played this way every night, they would only have 3-5 losses all year.

Ashley Hall was wondering why they can't play like that all the time. Well, she's the lone senior and the main leader on the team. It's up to her and Jarrell to get the team ready.

Congrats to both teams on a great game. If you missed it, you missed probably the best game in the region this year.
Oh, by the way, everyone saying Jarrell isn't a Top 10 player in the region, she's saving her best for the last month of the season.

Last 3 games:
18 pts, 18 reb, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 2 assists, took 2 charges
19 pts, 19 reb, 3 blocks, 2 steals, 3 assists
18 pts, 17 reb, 3 steals, 3 assists

If I'm a coach, I would be very happy to have someone playing like that.
She has learned to stay out of foul trouble over the last few games. Her stats haven't looked all that great, consistency wise, because of being plagued with foul trouble.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Oh, by the way, everyone saying Jarrell isn't a Top 10 player in the region, she's saving her best for the last month of the season.

Last 3 games:
18 pts, 18 reb, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 2 assists, took 2 charges
19 pts, 19 reb, 3 blocks, 2 steals, 3 assists
18 pts, 17 reb, 3 steals, 3 assists

If I'm a coach, I would be very happy to have someone playing like that.
She has learned to stay out of foul trouble over the last few games. Her stats haven't looked all that great, consistency wise, because of being plagued with foul trouble.

Jarrell is definately a top 10 player. I guess she learned to stay on her feet when someone is driving the lane on her, she use to jump and try to block everyone causing her to get fouls called on her. I know she has got a big supporter, her brother talks about her all the time, about how proud he is of her and how bad he wants to see her play. I been friends with him for a long time, ever since we were lil tots, i remember him bringing Chelsee with him and her playing sandlot football with us, lol, she is a tough girl. She can play when she wants to and knows the game basketball, if she don't let the little things get to her, she can dominate a game, that's been obvious the last few weeks.
That it was a great game. Although a person would wonder how close a game it would have been if officiated a little more better. I mean there were quite a few questionable calls made in the game. I mean you could see that at both ends of the floor. But yea it was truly one of the best played games within the region this year. And yea, they always seem too bring their best against Magoffin. Last game was a 6 pt victory for Magoffin, this time was 3 pt. But you have to consider too, it's always a challenge to bring out a victory when visiting Paintsville.
"Waveman" Wrote:That it was a great game. Although a person would wonder how close a game it would have been if officiated a little more better. I mean there were quite a few questionable calls made in the game. I mean you could see that at both ends of the floor. But yea it was truly one of the best played games within the region this year. And yea, they always seem too bring their best against Magoffin. Last game was a 6 pt victory for Magoffin, this time was 3 pt. But you have to consider too, it's always a challenge to bring out a victory when visiting Paintsville.

The bigger challenge is beating Paintsville when Jarrell isn't in foul trouble.
If these 2 teams make it to the finals of the District, it will be another great game. It'll be one that you won't want to miss.

If Johnson Central beats Paintsville in the first round, Magoffin will drill Johnson Central.

I really think Paintsville is the only team in the region that can beat Magoffin.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:I really think Paintsville is the only team in the region that can beat Magoffin.

I really think you are kidding, right? There are 2-3 teams that can beat them. I do think Paintsville will be very dangerous in the 57th and could send Magoffin or JC home early..............
"UKluva" Wrote:
"sportwhiz" Wrote:I really think Paintsville is the only team in the region that can beat Magoffin.

I really think you are kidding, right? There are 2-3 teams that can beat them. I do think Paintsville will be very dangerous in the 57th and could send Magoffin or JC home early..............

I don't think he/she is kiddin. I believe Paintsville is the only team in the region that has even came CLOSE to beating Magoffin, and they have done it TWICE. Magoffin drilled Belfry, Pburg, Betsy Layne, and a handful of others in this region by double-digits, they have only beat Paintsville by 9 points in two games combined. Paintsville CAN PLAY when they want to, it just sems like they only wanna PLAY when they got Magoffin. If Paintsville stays healthy from here on out they will win the 57th, just my opinion.