Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakers owner Jerry Buss dies
Jerry Buss, the Los Angeles Lakers' owner who shepherded the NBA team to 10 championships from the Showtime dynasty of the 1980s to the Kobe Bryant era, died Monday. He was 80.

Buss died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, said Bob Steiner, his assistant.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story...er-dies-80
Won more championships, 10, than any owner in history. I figured in sports history, only the Celtics could have matched, but during the Boston dynasty, the Celtics had 5 ownership changes.
This guy personified the Los Angeles Lakers.

Prayers go out to friends, family and Laker Nation.
Huge loss.
I wonder what this will hold for the future of the Lakers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a retired or traded Kobe within 2-3 years.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Huge loss.
I wonder what this will hold for the future of the Lakers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a retired or traded Kobe within 2-3 years.

He had already given control of the franchise to his children and backed off over the last couple of years.

If I remember correctly - the biggest chunk went to his son and his daughter got the rest.

His daughter is engaged to Phil Jackson, so I'd imagine the Zen Master will eventually get a piece of the pie. Magic Johnson also has a piece.

The franchise is in good hands.
^
I knew the children were in charge, but to be honest, I think its completely different story now that daddy is gone.
Very sad! The Lakers need to use this tragic loss and use it as fuel to get their season together and play Laker basketball.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL