Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 73 Letcher 43 53rd District First Round
The game I was talking about was on 2-3-12 final was 133-49 documented on Riherds. So I guess 30 dosen't look that bad!!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I wasn't at the game but heard Cordia kept their starters in until the final horn and was jacking up 3's right up till the end, with the big lead and the winner long since determined.
Like it has never happened to them!!
What is ashame is when coaches make it about them and not the players on any team no matter if it done to them or not it shouldn't be done at all
Remind Mr Hammonds how you feel about the subject, I agree with you 100%
commodorecreeker Wrote:Brother Cecil that was last year at Letcher. Cordia cleared the bench and Hammonds left his starters in and was still pressing. Think it was more like 70 than 40!! You can check on KHSAA Scoreboard.

To be fair...
Rhodes came into town and STARTED his second string and cleared the bench early and put in his third string.

He tapped out against Perry Central with 6 minutes left and he was down 20 points.

I know it's not cool to run up the score - but I'm not going to tell my kids to lay down and take it easy on a team because they aren't going to play you straight up.

I don't know why Rhodes didn't play his starters. Discipline reasons? Maybe he didn't want Letcher to get a good look at them before the tournament?

Either way it goes - he was asking to get blown out.
[attachment=o2784]
[attachment=o2785]
termite Wrote:If Im not mistaken the last time LCC hosted the region they were not in it then. Cordia played a good second half and LCC just never got going in the second half. It seems like once Cordia's players gets a lead they really play confident and aggressive and it works for them. As far as Rhodes leaving his starters in LCC was beating Cordia by bout 40 a couple of years ago and never let up the full court press. I guess what comes around goes around!!

LCC beat Cordia by 80+ last year and pressed till the final horn.