Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call it what you want!
Call it a passing league, call it 7 on 7, call it what you will, but I took a look at this and have to say, that I am not really that impressed and can't see how it could help any team in any way. And I sure as hell can't see how you could evaluate what any high school team is going to do from this type of thing.
IMHO, it closely resembles "2 hand touch", but not nearly as entertaining.
Of coarse these are just my opinions, but surely there is at least one other person out there that shares my view.
You cant tell how a team is going to be by seeing them in passing leagues.
The Guru Wrote:Call it a passing league, call it 7 on 7, call it what you will, but I took a look at this and have to say, that I am not really that impressed and can't see how it could help any team in any way. And I sure as hell can't see how you could evaluate what any high school team is going to do from this type of thing.
Of coarse these are just my opinions, but surely there is at least one other person out there that shares my view.
I think it does help some but I really don't think it will tell what kind of team they will have in the Fall. I think it helps the recevers to learn thier routes and I think it helps with the chemistry between them and the QB It has to help the defence also at least the D- backs and I also think it's just something to keep the kids involved with the sport it's alot better then them sitting in front of an X-box all day or a game cube all summer.Thats just my opinion.:howdy:
The Guru Wrote:Call it a passing league, call it 7 on 7, call it what you will, but I took a look at this and have to say, that I am not really that impressed and can't see how it could help any team in any way. And I sure as hell can't see how you could evaluate what any high school team is going to do from this type of thing.

I agree Guru,touch football is like taking a shower in a rain coat.....A reciever can be remarkable when he knows for a fact he aint gonna get hit,same goes for a QB.....When the the pads go on youll know what ya got....

I have to agree with Dawg family to an extent, as it does give the kids something to do as far as team chemistry and staying active goes. As far as helping a team, I have a tough time believing that and have to agree with Guru. I think in passing league, it's surreal coverages for your defenses. It can help your man to man defense but as far as zone goes it gives your kids bad habits. For example you're in zone and a TE runs a 20 yard drag across the middle. Is that the safety's responsibility or is it the middle LB's? In passing league, it's the LB's and the safety has deep thirds but in a seasoned game it's the safety's man. I share your views as far as not really being that much of a help come time for the season. Teams that win these passing league tournaments, run a passing league offense with short routes, pick plays by wing backs and TE's and dump passes to RB's while they don't really run their offense. A lot of teams that are traditionally good, who work on their plays now but are in passing league games they tend to not fair too well in passing league.
I agree, I don't like it and it does nothing for an overall team. Last season PBurg won all kinds of passing games and beat some big name teams, did it really do much for them, no they had a subpar season. Belfry is horrible at it, and look at them, 3 final fours in a row. I say NOPE!!
A teams performance during the regular season cannot be predicted by its performances during 7-7's. That being said, I do think the 7-7's can be used to guage the level of skill players on offense and the db's on defense, thus making the 7-7's useful for internal purposes IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

IMO, If they do anything it is on the defensive side.
Seems to be some mixed feelings with this....I think my son would love playing in a passing league....but at 5'7" 115#s, going across the middle ain't his cup of tea!
The Guru Wrote:Seems to be some mixed feelings with this....I think my son would love playing in a passing league....but at 5'7" 115#s, going across the middle ain't his cup of tea!

Come on Guru...You know he can put the fear in opposing teamsSmile
:Hole:I don't really see the point of 7 on 7 games but if they were full pads maybe. you don't want your db's getting to used to 2 hand touch.
I think it helps the qbs and receivers gain more chemistry between eachother and helps a lot..................
:baldbull: It won't teach a receiver lower his shoulder and get that extra yard.
No but it will make a QB and Rec. on the same page when it comes to routes and so forth. The QB will learn when the WR is coming out of his break and it gains timing with the two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]