Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 65 Whitley County 59 (13th Region Semis)
Bell advances to face the winner of Corbin/Harlan County in the region finals.

Whitley horrible first half caught up with them. Another year of injuries and bad game plans. New coach next year for Whitley though. Whitley loses to seniors in Powers and Sizemore. Great creers for those two young ladies.

Hats off to Morris with 34 points and 11 rebounds. Whitley never tried to double team or pressure her and she made them pay.
Whitley went 3 for 19 from three. Only shot 32 % for the game.
Bell may be the best free throw shooting team in the state. Went 23-26.

Good luck Bell in the finals. Bell is an extremely young team. Might make a run comparable to Clays over the next few years.
Is the Morris girl heading to UT ?
I think if Whitley stayed healthy all season that they would've overcome the coaching flaws and won the 13th. Way too much talent there for the past few seasons results. Still return enough next season to be a favorite again for the 13th.
hoops_town Wrote:I think if Whitley stayed healthy all season that they would've overcome the coaching flaws and won the 13th. Way too much talent there for the past few seasons results. Still return enough next season to be a favorite again for the 13th.

Its a shame Whitley couldnt ever get healthy. When they had the whole team at the beginning of the season, they were almost untouchable, but it just wasn't meant to be. For example, lets say Morris had been out for Bell, thats 30+ points that would have been absent, but i hate to see injuries happen to anyone, especially to a team thats favored. Its going to be a crazy off season seeing who will be hired as the next man, i just hope Whitley makes the right choice.
Bell, especially Morris played a remarkable game, shes very well deserving of the praise, and i couldnt believe Anderson didnt put more pressure on her. Sizemore guarded her today and she was a gametime decision with the flu.
Morris is the real deal. She wont play at UT. I told you Whitley fans.........
Morris is just a soon I think??? Whitley has another great year that ends in disappointment. Will ovebay make the switch to girls?
William Muney Wrote:Morris is just a soon I think??? Whitley has another great year that ends in disappointment. Will ovebay make the switch to girls?

Thats the word on the street.
Good season for Whitley. Injuries prevented a great season.
Bell was the better team today, Morris played an excellent game, 30+ Points and 10+ rebounds....she was a force. Whitley tried to make a game of it but could never get over the hump. Sad way for Larry Anderson to exit the coaching profession.

No excuses, no regrets, Whitley under the circumstances had a good season, even fighting over and around many hurdles, the Lady Colonels worked hard and played hard. Even today had one playing sick, but the senior gave a great effort.

It will be a interesting few weeks till a new coach is named. Then the transition period with the new coach. Good Luck to the girls as they move the program forward with a new coach!! Thanks to the two seniors who gave another great effort and showed great leadership to their team!!

Good Game Lady Bobcats, Good Luck the rest of the way!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats the word on the street.

The word on the street is never correct......be prepared for a surprise that may not be a surprise after all......
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:The word on the street is never correct......be prepared for a surprise that may not be a surprise after all......

I didnt say that what i thought, just the word on the street.
I have my clues as to whos going to be picked, but not going to say a word until it happens.
They were turned down by the 1st choice and now they have offered a girl who is right out of college... That is the word on the streetSmile
word on the street is never correct.....and that word is really incorrect......shew.....this is going to be funny, the rumors are going to fly.....
Actually it's more than word on the street! I know for a fact on the 1st choice, as I heard it from the super himself. Was told about the player last week, but i do know that she went to meet with them for sure. It is Whitley why would anyone be surprised by a soap opera!
Olred Wrote:Actually it's more than word on the street! I know for a fact on the 1st choice, as I heard it from the super himself. Was told about the player last week, but i do know that she went to meet with them for sure. It is Whitley why would anyone be surprised by a soap opera!

The girl straight out of college isnt going to get the job, if your talking about who im thinking about.
Do you even know who the super is?

If I had my choice, Id give Parsons what ever she wanted. But shes not even in the mix.
Actually, I do... I'm not trolling or trying to ruffle feathers, but just telling you what i know and heard. I am NOT talking about girl on staff but one of her former teammates. I agree with the Parsons comment as obviously I'm a Corbin guy, but I hope she would never consider leaving.
Olred Wrote:Actually, I do... I'm not trolling or trying to ruffle feathers, but just telling you what i know and heard. I am NOT talking about girl on staff but one of her former teammates. I agree with the Parsons comment as obviously I'm a Corbin guy, but I hope she would never consider leaving.

Im not talking about the one on staff either.
Parsons is a great coach who took a mediocre Corbin team and has them playing in the region finals. I would take her in a heartbeat over any of the coaches ive heard mentioned so far, especially the one that just graduated college.
Congrats
I just hope Whitley gets a coach who understands the importance of inside play and won't be guard only oriented. When you have a 6'1" post player.....you need to get her the ball....especially when she works her butt off and is open time and time again!
When it comes time to name the new coach....and it is not time yet, I think they need to take a long look and find the best fit for the team and the school, they need to look at several areas;

A) stability, whoever gets the job needs to commit to being there for a long period of time and not just 3-5 years.
B) defensive scheme, Whitley at times has been less than excited about defense, they need become more active defensively.
C) offensive scheme, you need to be able to flow with your talent, don't make one player your star, use all your kids to make your team stronger.
D) tough, at times Whitley has been soft and just need to be mentally touhger

There will be a large amount of pressure on the new coach. There is the perception that there is a lot of talent in the program and even more coming in the next couple of years. Remember this is Whitley County where the parents can be as big a problem as the opponents, which makes it a tough place to coach and programs do get reputations.

Whitley has several positives about the program, great support from the administration, great feeder program, good facilities, good district, easy travel on I-75, etc.....

My advice...take your time and find the RIGHT coach, don't get in a hurry and get a name coach who may not be the right fit.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I just hope Whitley gets a coach who understands the importance of inside play and won't be guard only oriented. When you have a 6'1" post player.....you need to get her the ball....especially when she works her butt off and is open timer he

and time again!

If I wanted a coach to teach a low post game rhonda Sizemore would be my first choice, knows the inside game and a very good coach.
Olred Wrote:They were turned down by the 1st choice and now they have offered a girl who is right out of college... That is the word on the streetSmile

The street word is wrong. It was kind of turned down by person who sorta had dibs on it. It was never offered to anyone else. Job for head coach and assistant is signed sealed and delivered. DONE
Yep, it is all over but the crying and the announcement. No Chance of anything else happening, write it down in ink.
Although............................................................

this seems totally devoid of drama..................................

Oh wait the parents have yet to weigh in.................................

LOL
Sizemore would be a good addition to the staff and is a good teacher also.
Why don't you just tell us already who the coach is since you all seem to have the inside info!! Why all the drama ???
The Answer is very simple.........

It is much more fun knowing than not knowing....especially when the number of the people that know are much much smaller than the people who want to know and don't.

That and the fact that I was sworn to silence by the holder of the knowledge and several large men who were guarding the inner sanctum...

OR maybe I just don't want to tell.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:The Answer is very simple.........

It is much more fun knowing than not knowing....especially when the number of the people that know are much much smaller than the people who want to know and don't.

That and the fact that I was sworn to silence by the holder of the knowledge and several large men who were guarding the inner sanctum...

OR maybe I just don't want to tell.
Trust me no one is losing sleep over this.......so guard your little secret....and rub it.....and kiss it.....and play with it.....and yourself while your at it!!! :biglmao:
It was offered to Mahan from North Laurel, but he didnt take it from what i heard.

Now, from what i hear, its pretty much down to a much younger person, and a bigger name. Take your pick. But I was shocked they tried to get him first, blows my mind that they wouldnt be trying to find the biggest name possible to coach next years team with all the talent returning.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Trust me no one is losing sleep over this.......so guard your little secret....and rub it.....and kiss it.....and play with it.....and yourself while your at it!!! :biglmao:

You may not be losing sleep over it but you sure are spending alot of time talking about it....
Hint: Point of the matter is parents will have something to do with it!!!!!Confusednicker: