Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Junior High Baseball
KarnivalKat Wrote:East Jess and Northern..

Both teams of which they'd played before... but. given the pitching both teams who have the potential to beat Meece...

And yes that's what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure the game started with a pitcher down on the depth chart... At least their 3rd best pitcher...

jetpilot Wrote:As did Pikeville. Meece may well be the better team, but Pikeville was the better team Saturday regardless.

This just doesnt make sense to me..

It's unfortunate that a few teams dropped out... But with that it gave a huge disadvantage to Meece... I guess if you go by the scoreboard, Pikeville was the better team.. But from what i heard they certainly took advantage of pitching due to the MULTIPLE games that Meece had to play to get to Pikeville.
GoEastKYschools Wrote:Pikeville played Paintsville in the first round of the tournament, so the championship was not their only game. Also, Pikeville didn't set up the bracket to go straight to the championship, they didn't receive word Morgan County wasn't showing up until 30 minutes before the game.

What kind of team was Paintsville? Its a moot point if it allowed them to pitch their 3rd or 4th best pitcher.

Either way, its a moot point now. Congrats. Hopefully they'll be a rematch where both teams have played the same amount of games.
Meece pitched their #2 against East and their # 1 against Northern. They didn't have to beat Pikeville to get to state. Pikeville didn't have to beat anyone to get to state. Lucky for them that 3 of the 5 teams that dropped out was in pikevilles bracket.
Paintsville was competitive, I'd compare them to Northern Pulaski talent wise. They've gotten a lot better as the season has come along.

If this game didn't mean anything since both teams advance to state, lets forget about it. Both teams definitely deserve to go to state, and good luck to both teams.
^Maybe it was because they were scurred....:yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis