Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed Reed to Texans?
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter And here it is. RT @McClain_on_NFL: The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday.
Gut it looks like your Ravens are falling apart just after winning the superbowl
It's almost like the marlins a decade ago win the World Series then have a fire sale!! Ravens look to be doing the same thing.
Strikeout King Wrote:Gut it looks like your Ravens are falling apart just after winning the superbowl

Falling apart?
Its called business.

I love Ed Reed, but for the money it cost to keep him just isnt worth it when hes due to retire after the upcoming season.
Yes, but the Ravens have Joe Flacco still

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...7_SC_-UjfQ]
Yeah but who's he going to throw to?? And who's going to play defense??? Lmao!!!
panther nation Wrote:Yeah but who's he going to throw to?? And who's going to play defense??? Lmao!!!

The other team....
Torrie Smith, Jacobi Jones, Dennis Pitta, with Leach and Rice coming out of the backfield.

Yea, it sounds like were in a world of hurt.....

I still cant get over the fact that no matter how you do the math, the Ravens have more SB victories in 2013 than any other team. Please, someone do tell if im doing the math wrong.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Ravens S Ed Reed spoke today like a man saying goodbye to Baltimore. Every sign now points to him getting done a deal in Houston on Friday.
At this rate the ravens won't win another Super Bowl this decade!! That you can take to the bank!! Better bask in the glory this year gut cause the ravens are well done!! This will be the year of the broncos and I don't even like Peyton either!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Torrie Smith, Jacobi Jones, Dennis Pitta, with Leach and Rice coming out of the backfield.

Yea, it sounds like were in a world of hurt.....

I still cant get over the fact that no matter how you do the math, the Ravens have more SB victories in 2013 than any other team. Please, someone do tell if im doing the math wrong.

Pitta hasn't reached a deal yet.

Since winning the SB, have the Ravens had any good news?? Ray Lewis, & Matt Birk retire. Bobby Williams is dropped. Bernard Pollard is cut in hopes to bring back Ed Reed. Traded Anquin Boldin. Ellerbe to Dolphins. Cary Williams to Eagles. Reed to the Texans tomorrow, should've had the opportunity to retire a Raven.

They did sign Chris Canty this week, which brings me to my next question RIUTG. McPhee being productive & Ngata being a stalwart. Does Canty to move to nose or Ngata?? Or do they have other plans along the front??
The Blue Blur Wrote:Pitta hasn't reached a deal yet.

Since winning the SB, have the Ravens had any good news?? Ray Lewis, & Matt Birk retire. Bobby Williams is dropped. Bernard Pollard is cut in hopes to bring back Ed Reed. Traded Anquin Boldin. Ellerbe to Dolphins. Cary Williams to Eagles. Reed to the Texans tomorrow, should've had the opportunity to retire a Raven.

They did sign Chris Canty this week, which brings me to my next question RIUTG. McPhee being productive & Ngata being a stalwart. Does Canty to move to nose or Ngata?? Or do they have other plans along the front??

Are you kidding me???? As a Bengals fan, ALL of the Ravens news has been good news.....:biglmao:
Stardust Wrote:Are you kidding me???? As a Bengals fan, ALL of the Ravens news has been good news.....:biglmao:
Hey now dust, we've lost Dan Skuta, Pat Sims, Manny Lawson, Josh Brown, & Bruce Gradkowski
^^^^who??? Lol!!!!
I think the Bengals have a real good shot at winning the division now!!!

Should be the best team!!!!
^
I'll agree with that statement 100% since the steelers have lost a few key player too. This could be the bengals year let hope!!!
^The Bengals will figure out a way to mess it up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Very possible!!! That's why we call them the bungals!!!
panther nation Wrote:At this rate the ravens won't win another Super Bowl this decade!! That you can take to the bank!! Better bask in the glory this year gut cause the ravens are well done!! This will be the year of the broncos and I don't even like Peyton either!!

At this rate the Bungles will go another 5 decades without winning there first Confusednicker:

In absoloutly no form or fashion can a bungles fan ever say anything to another team about winning.
Dont worry though, im sure Brown will get you back on track Confusednicker:
Ed Reed is more than welcome in Houston.
James Harrison will be talking to Baltimore about a one year deal.
Ed Reed is now a Texan. I am very happy.
^ He's 73 years old. What will he be doing for the Texan's, Towels???
He had a good Superbowl game, I'm sure he be fine at least until he is 74 Wink
Ed Reed Sucks.
Always has.

Confusednicker:
^ Classic
Seems like to me Flacco has ran off his team with his big elite QB salary.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^
Personally, many of the players were going to lose because of it are due to retire within 2-3 years.

Boldin was our biggest loss, and IMO the only irreplaceable one.

Its the decision every manager and owner has to decide when they come to a fork in the road like this. Either sign a consistent QB who is a top 5 QB in the league, or risk losing him and being stuck looking for another QB.
The downside is the salary cap. The next couple of years will be tough until the Ravens get some wiggle room with the cap, but i will say this...if the Ravens are still winning divisions and making the playoffs out of the AFC North over the next couple of years than the Bengals, Steelers, and Browns have some BIG issues.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Personally, many of the players were going to lose because of it are due to retire within 2-3 years.

Boldin was our biggest loss, and IMO the only irreplaceable one.

Its the decision every manager and owner has to decide when they come to a fork in the road like this. Either sign a consistent QB who is a top 5 QB in the league, or risk losing him and being stuck looking for another QB.
The downside is the salary cap. The next couple of years will be tough until the Ravens get some wiggle room with the cap, but i will say this...if the Ravens are still winning divisions and making the playoffs out of the AFC North over the next couple of years than the Bengals, Steelers, and Browns have some BIG issues.

Top 5 QB?? Really?? Never been a Pro Bowler, nor All-Pro. He's a Super Bowl MVP but so was Desmond Howard & Larry Brown. Jacoby Jones gave him a run for his money for that reward.

No offense, you're entitled to your opinion but he's not a HOFer. You can't mention him in the same sentence as Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, & Eli Manning. Who are the Top 5 IMHO & also have Super Bowl MVP's as well as other accolades that Flacco does not. I may give you Top 10 but at that it's questionable.

Flacco could've taken a pay cut for Ed Reed to stay one or two years. Heck RIUTG, if I was a multi-millionaire I may take a pay cut so you could stay on BGR. I mean what would it cost me one less condo in Cabo???