Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason top five?
Anyone wanna go out on a limb and list the top teams for next year?
I can give you a top 2 but can't stretch it out to a top 5.
1. Ballard
2. Henry Clay
1.) Ballard
2.) Henry Clay
3.) Warren Central
4.) Holmes
5.) Montgomery County ( They are working on bringing in one to replace Prewitt, the rest return)
I can give you 3

1. Ballard
2. Henry Clay
3. Holmes
Top 5.....

1. Ballard
2. Holmes
3. Henry Clay
4. Knott Co. Central
5. Johnson Co. Central
How would it change the rankings if Snider was in prep school next year and not at Ballard?
Curveball 24 Wrote:Top 5.....

1. Ballard
2. Holmes
3. Henry Clay
4. Knott Co. Central
5. Johnson Co. Central

It's Johnson Central.

But thanks for showing us some Love.
Curveball 24 Wrote:Top 5.....

5. Johnson Co. Central[/B]

I can't see it.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:1.) Ballard
2.) Henry Clay
3.) Warren Central
4.) Holmes
5.) Montgomery County ( They are working on bringing in one to replace Prewitt, the rest return)

What do you mean they are working on bringing one in to replace Prewitt?
rojas Wrote:I can't see it.

As big of a JC fan that I am.... I have to agree.

I would say pre-season Top 20, but not (yet) top 5 status.
gohard Wrote:What do you mean they are working on bringing one in to replace Prewitt?

I think it means "they are working on bringing in one to replace Prewitt."
You'd think Montgomery County would have enough players to compete without "bringing in" players.
They can compete for backup minutes, Piersawl will be the starter if the roster remains but they are working on bringing in a new "star" to take place of Omar.

I however do take them out of my top 5 now, the whole state tournament they kept saying that #1 Tyler Jones was a junior, in fact he is a senior so he isn't returning which hurts them.

I would have to agree with the poster from before, you have to throw Knott County Central into the top 5.

1.) Ballard
2.) Henry Clay
3.) Warren Central
4.) Holmes
5.) Knott County Central

I don't think Ballard will win it however, I will take Warren Central to win it all next year and Holmes being my 2nd choice, Ballard and Henry Clay never win the big one.
Theres absolutely no way Knott County should be top 5 Confusederiously:
I think Wayne County would be in there, don't they return everyone?
1. Ballard
2. Henry Clay
3. Holmes
4. Hoptown
5. Warren Central
5. Lafayette
I'm picking Ballard to win it all next year
toussaints Wrote:I think Wayne County would be in there, don't they return everyone?

Yes but Wayne County wouldn't be top 5 in the 9th, 7th, 11th regions alone and probably not the 6th or the 4th either.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:They can compete for backup minutes, Piersawl will be the starter if the roster remains but they are working on bringing in a new "star" to take place of Omar.

I however do take them out of my top 5 now, the whole state tournament they kept saying that #1 Tyler Jones was a junior, in fact he is a senior so he isn't returning which hurts them.

I would have to agree with the poster from before, you have to throw Knott County Central into the top 5.

1.) Ballard
2.) Henry Clay
3.) Warren Central
4.) Holmes
5.) Knott County Central

I don't think Ballard will win it however, I will take Warren Central to win it all next year and Holmes being my 2nd choice, Ballard and Henry Clay never win the big one.

Ballard has won a ton of big ones. They have been in the state finals 5 times since 1999. Who else in the state can make that claim?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:1.) Ballard
2.) Henry Clay
3.) Warren Central
4.) Holmes

All depends if Happy stays.
rojas Wrote:Ballard has won a ton of big ones. They have been in the state finals 5 times since 1999. Who else in the state can make that claim?

And they have won 1 time, in 99, they dont win the BIG ONE
mrknowitall Wrote:Theres absolutely no way Knott County should be top 5 Confusederiously:

I was sort of in the same frame of mind as you on that. However, if you think about it, you are looking at a team with back to back final 8 runs that returns the bulk of their team. It really isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially in the pre-season.
no one thinks prp can be in it?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:And they have won 1 time, in 99, they dont win the BIG ONE

Other than Scott County and Mason County who has won more? nobody.
HUB Wrote:I was sort of in the same frame of mind as you on that. However, if you think about it, you are looking at a team with back to back final 8 runs that returns the bulk of their team. It really isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially in the pre-season.

The 4 super sophs will be juniors. They've made it to rupp with freshman 2 years ago, sophomores last year. Saying goes best thing about sophomores, is they become juniors. Top 5 is reasonable.

Mix1...
It will hurt knott a lot losing their senior point guard, short I think his last name is. And all of this depends on if justice stays at knott county or not. And them going to the finals eight is good and all but they have played the worst rated team at the state tournament the last 2 years. I would say they will be in the top 15.
Michigan
Indiana
UK
Syracuse
Louisville