Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 8, North Laurel 5
Yeah, my young eyes where playing tricks on me.

Haha
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah, my young eyes where playing tricks on me.

Haha

How much you wanna bet that ole' Simple Simon had Black Bear Cuz standing on top of the outfield fence flashing cue cards after every pitch he calculated with that patented, high tech, spit finger/sundial contraption of his......Confusednicker:
This is my last post on this because really it's getting out of hand. I saw the Middlesboro-North game, apparently the radar gun reading on the high tech scoreboard at Middlesboro was on the fritz, because their board goes out and has to be reset about every half inning (what's up with that? It has done that for years.) Thompson, Mallory and Carson all threw, and I have no idea what their velocity was yesterday. Middlesboro did a nice job of hitting Thompson, who went the first five. They didn't have an answer for Carson when he closed, and just from the eye test looked like he was throwing the best of the the three, mainly because he was throwing strikes which the other two were struggling with.
The point is this, no one is trying to build these guys up, but as Bob Seger said we are just reporting what we saw with our own eyes. You are right about last year in the region, North did not throw a fireballer. Shears had pitched the first game against Corbin, so Bowling, who was more of a control and location pitcher, maybe upper 70's, threw. Mallory and Hurley just weren't ready for that spot yet. We did wonder why Carson didn't throw that one, but hindsight is 20-20, Middlesboro just wore it out that day. Unfortunately, regardless of the pitching, I think everyone in the 13th is chasing South Laurel for the next few years.
Bob Seger Wrote:First off, I've read enough of your posts to not believe you are really considered much of an authority. You kinda have a ding-a-ling stigma attached from what I have read on here from other's responses.

[COLOR="Red"]OK, it's like this Carson threw the lightest of all 4 of them He is actually the only one that you would consider borderline lower 80's. He topped out at 84, and hit that several times. I want to say the starters name was Mallory. Not sure about that but I think he wore #21 and he was hitting 85-86 consistantly. I dont not remember the other's nameor his number though.

Really, I dont give a rats's patooty on what you think or believe, because you are going to find out soon enough. Dont care who was on the team last year either. Actually we played and beat North Laurel last year as well, and I do remember NL bringing in a hard throwing freshman in the final 2 innings of the game in which was played at West Jessamine. He hit 84 in that game. I am assuming that was probably Hurley. This kid threw some serious heat for a freshman, and I'm hear to tell you he is throwing some serious heat right now, even if he were a senior. Again he hit 87 probably 5 times and hit 89 once.

And no it was not low 80's. Here is my breakdown in defining what is low, mid, and high.

Low-80-83
Mid 84-86
high 87-89
[/COLOR]

Here we go MHS dingaling4life. This is what I said where each one threw....
Van Hagar Wrote:Well actually I was at the game, and the Legends park has the scoreboard that shows pitch speed on it. Zach Hurley, a sophomore, was consistently at 85-86 and topped out at 89, the fastest of the night. Logan Mallory, another sophomore who started, was also consistently at 85-86. And Carson was at 83-84. The fourth pitcher was a young kid throwing only hitting low 70's, which makes me think the board was correct. They do have one more kid Austin Thompson, a junior who closed against Bell Co. Wednesday night, who is definitely a mid-80's guy as well.
Now, just because they've got velocity it doesn't mean they all know how to pitch. Carson and Thompson are much more experienced, the other two need time on the mound. This North team is excelllent in the outfield and behind the plate, but they have an all-new infield that really struggled agaisnt a good Johnson Central team. There will be nights when they can compete with anyone, and nights when they lose to teams that are average at best.

Now, MHSdingaling4life, this is what the guy you are complimenting had to say. As you can see he backed me up completely....And I believe he is a NL fan....Is that not correct?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Forgive me for being straight forward sir, but NL does not have four kids throwing in the mid to upper 80's... maybe mid to upper 70's and a couple of them occasionally in the low 80's, but NO way 4 kids in the mid to upper 80's!!! Marcus Carson, however is a great player and going to play baseball at UK

Of course you agreed whole heartedly with this post MHSdingaling4life.
IRISH4 Wrote:I can attest to everything that Seger has posted. I was in attendence last night and NL did have 4 pitchers that hit 80+ last night. I believe the fastest pitch of the night was 86 by #24 for the Jags. Very impressed with the staff they had, just need to throw more strikes...which will come. I spoke to a scout at the game who also had a radar gun on the pitchers and he confirmed what was shown on their scoreboard.

Here we go!!
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:On average 3 of first 4 pitchers were around 83-84. The Hurley kid threw much harder, 85-86ish. They all topped out in the mid 80's, Hurley upper 80's. Saw it with my own two eyes. All 4 pitchers were in the 80 on nearly all pitches other then off speed pitches. I agree with Segers account. ALSO everyone needs to remember, it was 40 stinking degrees outside, and it was March 14! Had it been 70 outside then all times would have improved! Mid 80'sfor thier first 4, I think that is an accurate account!

And again.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Who is Hurley by the way? Does he pitch for JC?

And of course, the other Mr. Expert says there is no way he threw where I said he did, but get this, now he says he doesn't even know what team he plays for..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I was in attendance as well and the stadium radar said 87 a few times for one pitcher for NL.
Errors killed NL in this one, as I believe they had 5 or 6. JC didn't hit the ball very well, but that was mostly due to some good pitching by NL.

Congrats Eagles

And here we have a Prestonsburg fan back it up.
Van Hagar Wrote:This is my last post on this because really it's getting out of hand. I saw the Middlesboro-North game, apparently the radar gun reading on the high tech scoreboard at Middlesboro was on the fritz, because their board goes out and has to be reset about every half inning (what's up with that? It has done that for years.) Thompson, Mallory and Carson all threw, and I have no idea what their velocity was yesterday. Middlesboro did a nice job of hitting Thompson, who went the first five. They didn't have an answer for Carson when he closed, and just from the eye test looked like he was throwing the best of the the three, mainly because he was throwing strikes which the other two were struggling with.
The point is this, no one is trying to build these guys up, but as Bob Seger said we are just reporting what we saw with our own eyes. You are right about last year in the region, North did not throw a fireballer. Shears had pitched the first game against Corbin, so Bowling, who was more of a control and location pitcher, maybe upper 70's, threw. Mallory and Hurley just weren't ready for that spot yet. We did wonder why Carson didn't throw that one, but hindsight is 20-20, Middlesboro just wore it out that day. Unfortunately, regardless of the pitching, I think everyone in the 13th is chasing South Laurel for the next few years.

And here is the finale MHSdindaling4life. And once again, this is the guy you just complimented for telling it like it is....

LIke I said , you are a freakin idiot.
Wow Seger. haha. I just saw these posts. You seriously have a problem with me not agreeing with you don't you?

I would call it a complex really. You're arguing with yourself. It's actually as if you are trying to convince yourself that you still believe what you originally posted. That is the only thing that I think it could be.

It's comical actually.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Wow Seger. haha. I just saw these posts. You seriously have a problem with me not agreeing with you don't you?

I would call it a complex really. You're arguing with yourself. It's actually as if you are trying to convince yourself that you still believe what you originally posted. That is the only thing that I think it could be.

It's comical actually.

How do explain why every other poster on here refers to you as being a pure idiot too? It pretty much appears to be a unanimous thought among everyone..:popcorn: