Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region (2013-2014)
Update on the transfer to B'ville situation. Heard KHSAA has ruled her ineligible. Not a valid move and the B'ville AD messed up the paperwork on top of that.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Update on the transfer to B'ville situation. Heard KHSAA has ruled her ineligible. Not a valid move and the B'ville AD messed up the paperwork on top of that.
Too bad, now the girl must pay the price.......and I'm sure an ADULT talked her into this....:disappoint: sad..
She had good reason for moving. She was mistreated at kc ands she deserves to be eligible!
Hitters_Count Wrote:Update on the transfer to B'ville situation. Heard KHSAA has ruled her ineligible. Not a valid move and the B'ville AD messed up the paperwork on top of that.

Is she going back to central or has Coach Mills run her off with his antics. If Bville AD messed the paper work up this should be grounds for a appeal everybody knows he can not write a complete sentence without help.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Too bad, now the girl must pay the price.......and I'm sure an ADULT talked her into this....:disappoint: sad..

This is a good kid who has stay there for 3 years thinking someone would do the right thing. When the adults that has ran the girls program into the ground over the last few years did not do anything, she decided she would take things into her own hands. And of coarse the Khsaa ruled against her it sounds like. She should move to the 14th region everybody eligible over there.
She had reasons to move! She was mistreated at knox central and deserves to be eligible!
I'm thinking this is the year the Lady Jags break through. Almost everyone back, healthy and another year of experience. Don't be surprised if we win the 49th District this year.
Wilson sisters will have a lot to say about who wins the 13th.

Any updates on the transfer situation?
E's Army Wrote:Wilson sisters will have a lot to say about who wins the 13th.
The Jury is still out on this team....They lost their Coach, and their Big down low. It will be real interesting to see how the twins perform for the new man at the helm. All I can say is the 13th is up for grabs this year more than in previous years. Several good teams could win it all....only time will tell.:popcorn:
13th is wide open. About 5 teams with a legitimate shot to win it.
North Laurel might not win the 13th, but they will win the 49th and be a factor in the race
JagNation Wrote:North Laurel might not win the 13th, but they will win the 49th and be a factor in the race
WHAT DID YOU SAY FACTOR NORTH WILL NOT BE FACTOR IN 49th CLAY CO will WIN THE 49th AGAIN NORTH MIGHT ME Jackson, red bird. JUST SO KNOW WAKE UP:dudecomeon:
I agree with JagNation I saw North multiple times this summer and they looked pretty good and that was without the Bruner girl who was out all year last year. Her 8th grade year looked like she was going to be one of the best players in the region. I also saw the 8th grade team kill our 8th grade and looked as good as anyone with the Lawson girl and Jeff Sheppards daughter who was on fire. They won't be as good as us or whitley or bell but I think they will be better than clay with all that clay lost. The mathis girl is a tremendous shooter and handles well but she don't create on her own and now no post players except the Robinson girl. The out of control guard that clay has is often more a liability but she is athletic.
:cop:THIS IS HIGHSCHOOL NOT 8th GRADE SUMMER BALL and I don't care who girl it is north will not beat CLAY.
Clay won't even be top 5 at the end of the year and it will only be getting worse the next few years.
I don't have a dog in the fight in the 49th, but some of you guys had North in the top six or seven in the region this time last year and they weren't a top 10 team. I wouldn't put them in the top 10 going into this season either. I will be shocked if anyone in the 49th plays within 10 points of Clay this year. Clay could be as low as fifth in the region, but I doubt they fall any lower than that.
I'm not a 49th guy either and I'm the one that had them higher last year but they lost their top 2 guards to acl injuries before the season even started. I don't know many that can survive that. I think the Bruner girl is a huge difference maker. The Bryant girl was also the starting pg. It would be like if we lost a Wilson and another starter or if Harlan lost Massingill and Stitums Harlan may would still be top ten but barely and corbin if we lost that wouldn't be a top 10 team at all. The main reason for NL winning the the 49th though is how down clay will be. I just hope they have a healthy enough season for us to find out. I can admit when I'm wrong, I also thought whitley would win it last year. We all know that didn't happen either. Injuries can obviously change everything. It's just all an opinion though we will find out if it's justified or not early in the season as north and clay play in early December. I just hope corbin can repeat but I just don't see it happening. So I will say I hope I'm wrong about a lot of my predictions.
I would agree that there is no reason presently to believe that North will win the 49th.... I respect those who disagree. I agree Clay is down. Still will be good but down. North will surprise many people. If we can stay healthy, just remember you heard it here first.
JagNation Wrote:I would agree that there is no reason presently to believe that North will win the 49th.... I respect those who disagree. I agree Clay is down. Still will be good but down. North will surprise many people. If we can stay healthy, just remember you heard it here first.
JagNation you can stop saying the word IF. CLAY WILL WIN THE 49th Maybe in 4 YEARS THEY MIGHT GIVE CLAY A GOOD FRIST HALF GAME.:rockon::rockon::rockon:ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Whitley, Corbin, and Bell.
Thats about it IMO.
I'd put those three at the top, but I think Harlan County (Massingill, Stittums, Lee and Noe etc..) is still a contender, and I find it very difficult to leave Clay County out of the mix.
The next group is dominated by Class A teams - Barbourville, Harlan, Middlesboro, Lynn Camp and Pineville, along with South Laurel.
I think North Laurel still has a ways to go to get into the second group, much less the first.
I agree with HDE I think Harlan County has a chance with good guard play. I also like the top of that second group with Bville Harlan and Middlesboro. I think Lynn camp won't be as good and Pineville was just ok this summer. South looked bad with no Taylor Arthur, Johnson, clonce and the Parker girl quit for soccer.
HDE Wrote:I'd put those three at the top, but I think Harlan County (Massingill, Stittums, Lee and Noe etc..) is still a contender, and I find it very difficult to leave Clay County out of the mix.
The next group is dominated by Class A teams - Barbourville, Harlan, Middlesboro, Lynn Camp and Pineville, along with South Laurel.
I think North Laurel still has a ways to go to get into the second group, much less the first.

I can agree with that.
I think were all just happy it isnt a dead lock for Clay every year like it use to be.
Thank God the talent pool finally dried up a little over there.

I was talking with a friend of mine who works with some of the middle school girls and hes very excited about the talent coming up. Whitley has always had success with girls basketballs feeder program, and it continues getting better. If Im not mistaken, the middle school girls at Whitley just one that premier tournament that all the best teams in the state play in.
North still misses the old man. They have not recovered from running off one of the best coaches in the state. Roy where are you?
I don't believe that's what they are missing. He was always a .500 coach at north except for one year and he actually had talent then. It was sad seeing one of the better coaches in state history (and good fisherman) struggle to get up to call a time out. I'd bet he has enjoyed his last couple of years more than if he would have been trying to rebuild a program.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I can agree with that.
I think were all just happy it isnt a dead lock for Clay every year like it use to be.
Thank God the talent pool finally dried up a little over there.

I was talking with a friend of mine who works with some of the middle school girls and hes very excited about the talent coming up. Whitley has always had success with girls basketballs feeder program, and it continues getting better. If Im not mistaken, the middle school girls at Whitley just one that premier tournament that all the best teams in the state play in.

I agree Whitley has a tremendous feeder program. David Estes does a great job with them. I don't see them falling off in the next few years, like many would think after losing the smith girl this coming year! I didn't think the kba state tournaments had started yet though? (If that was the tournament you were talking about)
I admit, I look at the Jags through my shades of green :biggrin: but I think those that don't know a lot about us will be surprised. Clay will be down, we are getting better quickly. Like I said, we might not figure in the 13th race (but remember two years ago we took down the favorite), but we will win the 49th.
Olred Wrote:I agree Whitley has a tremendous feeder program. David Estes does a great job with them. I don't see them falling off in the next few years, like many would think after losing the smith girl this coming year! I didn't think the kba state tournaments had started yet though? (If that was the tournament you were talking about)

It was the Kentucky Middle School Classi Championship. There were some really good teams in it.
Heres the article....http://thetimestribune.com/sports/x134962580/Champions
[quote=JagNation]I admit, I look at the Jags through my shades of green :biggrin: but I think those that don't know a lot about us will be surprised. Clay will be down, we are getting better quickly. Like I said, we might not figure in the 13th race (but remember two years ago we took down the favorite), but we will win

Until you beat Clay they will remain the favorite. Anderson not coaching anymore,that will make Whitley a little tougher out come tournament time.