Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesn't God heal amputees?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't really care what atheists think of me, RV.
Are you a christian? Are atheists going to be in a different hell than you?
Do you know what being the champion for Christians, without being a Christian gets you Hooter? Hell. LOL Do you know what being a TRT type Christian gets you Hooter? Hell. LOL
If you aren't a Christian, why try to cause trouble among Christians?

You started this thread, not wanting to know the answer to your question, because you already have your mind set on what you think the answer is and nothing will change it. But you ask it anyways.

Why? Just to argue with Christians? To try to shake their faith? I really don't see what your purpose is in posting this forum.

In my opinion, let people believe what they want to believe. I'm a Christian, but if a Muslim or any other religeon's missionaries were to come to my door right now, I would talk to them politely. Would I change my faith? No. But there is no need to be rude or try to shake their faith. I would tell them about Jesus, as the Bible tells us to do, but I wouldn't insult their religeon nor shove it down their throat.

If you don't like the way people believe, live on with your life, and believe what you want to.. No need to cause trouble.
[Image:

]
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:If you aren't a Christian, why try to cause trouble among Christians?

You started this thread, not wanting to know the answer to your question, because you already have your mind set on what you think the answer is and nothing will change it. But you ask it anyways.

Why? Just to argue with Christians? To try to shake their faith? I really don't see what your purpose is in posting this forum.

In my opinion, let people believe what they want to believe. I'm a Christian, but if a Muslim or any other religeon's missionaries were to come to my door right now, I would talk to them politely. Would I change my faith? No. But there is no need to be rude or try to shake their faith. I would tell them about Jesus, as the Bible tells us to do, but I wouldn't insult their religeon nor shove it down their throat.

If you don't like the way people believe, live on with your life, and believe what you want to.. No need to cause trouble.
I don't need life advice from a 14 year old. The thread was started to ask a question that Christians can't answer, rightfully. I can school you in theology.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't need life advice from a 14 year old.

Just my opinion. I believe I'm gonna stay in the sports sections from now on though. :Thumbs:
[Image:

]
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you know what being the champion for Christians, without being a Christian gets you Hooter? Hell. LOL Do you know what being a TRT type Christian gets you Hooter? Hell. LOL
I did not know that atheists believed in hell, RV. Maybe you are not quite as committed to atheism as you want people to believe.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't need life advice from a 14 year old. The thread was started to ask a question that Christians can't answer, rightfully. I can school you in theology.
Good advice is wasted on you, regardless of the age of its source. With this thread, you made your motives clear even to the few people who were still willing to give you the benefit of doubt. You are the forum equivalent of a shock jock - saying anything to draw attention to yourself. The difference is that your assaults on common decency lack any semblance of a sense of humor.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I did not know that atheists believed in hell, RV. Maybe you are not quite as committed to atheism as you want people to believe.
If it was real, is it going to be hotter in my part, than yours?

To slow it down for you, I was being sarcastic in that post about you and TRT.
^ I am not committed to atheism, lol.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't need life advice from a 14 year old. The thread was started to ask a question that Christians can't answer, rightfully. I can school you in theology.

I don't care what age he is, he hit the nail on the head. May want to listen to him. He definitely schooled you TRV, otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to attack his age and state that because of that you could "school" him in theology.

I debated posting in this thread before and I'm glad I didn't know because I knew it would be a waste of time trying to reach out.
WideRight05 Wrote:I don't care what age he is, he hit the nail on the head. May want to listen to him. He definitely schooled you TRV, otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to attack his age and state that because of that you could "school" him in theology.

I debated posting in this thread before and I'm glad I didn't know because I knew it would be a waste of time trying to reach out.
If Christians didn't push their views on everybody, you'd never hear a word from me. Do you ever see me question, or call to the carpet, Buddhists or Hindus? I respect peaceful religions. I goes back to the old "Religion is like a ***** quote". That still holds true.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:If you aren't a Christian, why try to cause trouble among Christians?

Proud of you MYJ, objective and God honoring young man. As for the troll who needs to pick his battles more wisely it takes a big man to call out a teenager.

You'll never hold a candle to MYJs integrity, truth, and honor until you get over yourself. I've enjoyed being objective myself and respecting your angle to learn more about another perspective on issues.

I was fine sitting back and observing :popcorn:....you don't tread on a teen who was objective and making a positive neutral contribution. So you got checked by a teen and decide to stomp. Rather than throwing stones at the end of the day your response makes me ask the question, " who is the amputated one in this thread ." The kid you stomped on here will probably pray for your more than anyone else on bgr.

If you want to continue to be a douche, carry on, I for one will exercise some damage control and pm MYJ. I was going to pm you, however, you earned the public "tomato throw" in town square based on your actions.

And yes you may want to heed the advice of a teen way beyond his years thanks I'm sure to a good family, God and faith!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Proud of you MYJ, objective and God honoring young man. As for the troll who needs to pick his battles more wisely it takes a big man to call out a teenager.

You'll never hold a candle to MYJs integrity, truth, and honor until you get over yourself. I've enjoyed being objective myself and respecting your angle to learn more about another perspective on issues.

I was fine sitting back and observing :popcorn:....you don't tread on a teen who was objective and making a positive neutral contribution. So you got checked by a teen and decide to stomp. Rather than throwing stones at the end of the day your response makes me ask the question, " who is the amputated one in this thread ." The kid you stomped on here will probably pray for your more than anyone else on bgr.

If you want to continue to be a douche, carry on, I for one will exercise some damage control and pm MYJ. I was going to pm you, however, you earned the public "tomato throw" in town square based on your actions.

And yes you may want to heed the advice of a teen way beyond his years thanks I'm sure to a good family, God and faith!
I could be fine with believing what I believe, and letting Christians believe what they believe, until they try at every turn to push Christianity on the whole world. Like the quote about the male part says, it's fine to have religion, it's even fine to be proud of it, but don't pull it out in public, and don't try to shove it down people's throats. Like I said, do you ever see me downing peaceful religions, like Hindu, or Buddhism?
TheRealVille Wrote:I could be fine with believing what I believe, and letting Christians believe what they believe, until they try at every turn to push Christianity on the whole world. Like the quote about the male part says, it's fine to have religion, it's even fine to be proud of it, but don't pull it out in public, and don't try to shove it down people's throats. Like I said, do you ever see me downing peaceful religions, like Hindu, or Buddhism?

TRV, you started this thread. You are the one who takes the opportunity every chance you get to take "shots" at Christianity. Nobody is shoving their views down your throat. Heck, the Bible even says in the book of James that faith cannot be forced.

And no, I never see you downing peaceful religions such as islam.
TheRealVille Wrote:If Christians didn't push their views on everybody, you'd never hear a word from me. Do you ever see me question, or call to the carpet, Buddhists or Hindus? I respect peaceful religions. I goes back to the old "Religion is like a ***** quote". That still holds true.
This country is predominately Christian so you will get predominately Christian views here. Go to India if you want Hindu views, or Pakistan, Iran, most of the Middle east for Muslim, hang out in Israel for the views of our Jewish brothers
As a person of faith it's not my role to question God ...............thus the idea of FAITH. He has a plan for me and it's not my goal to question him.
by the way ask Gandhi if Hindu are violent and push their agenda on others

see the group Hindu Mahasabha
TheRealVille Wrote:I could be fine with believing what I believe, and letting Christians believe what they believe, until they try at every turn to push Christianity on the whole world. Like the quote about the male part says, it's fine to have religion, it's even fine to be proud of it, but don't pull it out in public, and don't try to shove it down people's throats. Like I said, do you ever see me downing peaceful religions, like Hindu, or Buddhism?
not all Buddhist are peaceful either
Rohingya Muslim-Buddhist Violence Spreads to Indonesia

By Gianluca Mezzofiore:
April 5, 2013 12:54 PM GMT
Sectarian violence between Buddhists and Rohingya Muslims leaked out of Myanmar for the first time after a brawl between the two sides broke out in an immigration centre in Indonesia. Eight people - all Buddhists - died and 15 were injured.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/453988...aves-8.htm

also
Muslims vanish as Buddhist attacks approach Myanmar's biggest city

Reuters Mar 30, 2013, 01.35PM IST
[Image: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes..../pixel.gif]
[Image: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes..../pixel.gif]

(Myanmar is predominantly…Wink

SIT KWIN, MYANMAR: The Muslims of Sit Kwin were always a small group who numbered no more than 100 of the village's 2,000 people. But as sectarian violence led by Buddhist mobs spreads across central Myanmar, they and many other Muslims are disappearing.
WideRight05 Wrote:TRV, you started this thread. You are the one who takes the opportunity every chance you get to take "shots" at Christianity. Nobody is shoving their views down your throat. Heck, the Bible even says in the book of James that faith cannot be forced.

And no, I never see you downing peaceful religions such as islam.
Check 90% of TRT's posts. If you are looking for somebody to blame, see him. I rank Islam with Christianity.
TheRealVille Wrote:Check 90% of TRT's posts. If you are looking for somebody to blame, see him. I rank Islam with Christianity.

TRT isn't forcing you to accept Christ. How can you actually rank a religion that teaches violence and killing with Christianity?
WideRight05 Wrote:TRT isn't forcing you to accept Christ. How can you actually rank a religion that teaches violence and killing with Christianity?
I meant as religions I hate. And yes, Christianity is a violent religion, at least in years before the last 100. The TRT point was, that he can hardly go one post without bible quoting, and saying people will meet his god someday. He absolutely pushes his religion on others, and a lot of christians are just like him. That was the point of the thread, if his god was real, why won't he heal amputees? The answer is simple, he isn't real, or his bible is a lie. He says he will heal with fervent prayer, yet he leaves out the healing that can be proved. Other healings can't be proven, so they can't be disproven. The healing I named can be absolutely proven, and coincidentally, it has never happened.
There are extremist in ALL religions. To point out the two major religions and imply no one else uses violence is unjust
TheRealVille Wrote:I meant as religions I hate. And yes, Christianity is a violent religion, at least in years before the last 100. The TRT point was, that he can hardly go one post without bible quoting, and saying people will meet his god someday. He absolutely pushes his religion on others, and a lot of christians are just like him. That was the point of the thread, if his god was real, why won't he heal amputees? The answer is simple, he isn't real, or his bible is a lie. He says he will heal with fervent prayer, yet he leaves out the healing that can be proved. Other healings can't be proven, so they can't be disproven. The healing I named can be absolutely proven, and coincidentally, it has never happened.
[Image: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p...0613_n.jpg]
WideRight05 Wrote:I don't care what age he is, he hit the nail on the head. May want to listen to him. He definitely schooled you TRV, otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to attack his age and state that because of that you could "school" him in theology.

Schooling him in theology has nothing to do with his age, and I didn't say it did.

TheRealVille Wrote:Schooling him in theology has nothing to do with his age, and I didn't say it did.
:pondering::closeenough:
Hoot Gibson Wrote::pondering::closeenough:
It has to do with years of study.

You never did answer if my "hell" was going to be hotter than yours.
TheRealVille Wrote:It has to do with years of study.

You never did answer if my "hell" was going to be hotter than yours.
Yeah, there are a lot of stupid questions that I do not bother to answer.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yeah, there are a lot of stupid questions that I do not bother to answer.
Are you an atheist?
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you an atheist?
No. I consider most atheists to be morons. They usually cite science that they do not even begin to understand to support their opinions, and the more assertively they promote their misguided beliefs, the less they seem to understand the universe around them. Atheism is an extremely arrogant belief system, IMO.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No. I consider most atheists to be morons. They usually cite science that they do not even begin to understand to support their opinions, and the more assertively they promote their misguided beliefs, the less they seem to understand the universe around them. Atheism is an extremely arrogant belief system, IMO.
Do you believe in the biblical God?
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you believe in the biblical God?
Yes, I certainly do, but I have made that clear you with my previous postings. Because you have no respect for Christians and their beliefs, that is about as far as our discussion of my beliefs with you will be going. My problem with you is not that you are an atheist, it is your lack of respect for other people's religious beliefs. There are a few tolerant atheists in the world, but you are definitely not one of them. This thread is probably the best evidence that you have given of your motive in participating in religious threads.