•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The American public the most gullible of all time?
TheRealThing Wrote:Okay, I'll do your work for you again. Remember this little conversation about state sovereignty?

YOU
"Are you meaning let the states decide on marijuana laws? Yea, that's laughable"

ME
"What's laughable is your failure to understand that the states are sovereign entities according to the US constitution."

YOU
"^ That can't deny the rights of people according to the constitution, or any amendments to it."

ME
"Returning to an on topic statement, the fact that the states are to remain SOVEREIGN is integral to our nation's history and the founding documents"

YOU
"The President, Congress, and the Supreme court have the power to make decisions for the United States. Maybe you should actually read the Constitution, and look at what it says."

Did I miss your meaning here? Are you not advocating for the federal government to assume an autonomous posture on social issues?
What does that have to do with people from "biased" states being intelligent enough to vote for what's right in "rights" issues of others?

TheRealThing Wrote:The gay agenda owes every last achievement, advance and victory due to court actions. They sue and sue and keep on suing until they get an activist judge to give them what they want. Their certainly not winning elections among the people. Rather the courts are forcing acceptance by law. You know this, in one thread you claim the people are too stupid to make decisions about things like gay marriage by voting at the state level. And therefore, need to be ordered to embrace homosexuality, and other liberal attacks on the traditional social structure of this country by the federal government. Now in this one you're trying to say it's what the people actually want. I tell ya. You'd get laughed out of most places in Kentucky for trying to run a dishwater-weak haze job like that.
TheRealVille Wrote:Bottom line: Numbers don't lie, and know matter how much you argue with me about polls, it is obvious that America is starting to lean more toward gay marriages being accepted. They could poll every single person in America, and I'd put money that more people favor gay marriage being legal. You can see this, but you, being who you are, won't admit it. It's not in your make up to admit that somebody like me(liberal) might be right.
True, numbers don't like but people do. Your 60% number is a good example.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:True, numbers don't like but people do. Your 60% number is a good example.
We shall see who is right in the very near future. Like I said, you will never admit America is moving left to a liberal like me. Any fool can see it. Even TRT admits that America is moving way left.
TheRealVille Wrote:Let's look at it this way. Conservatives come from 60% of those polled.

Likely among independents a majority usually vote with conservatives. From what I can learn that is not so much a forgone conclusion as you would like to let on.

FLORIDA ---- http://ivn.us/2012/11/08/president-obama...dent-vote/
"It’s possible that a large group of independent voters swung the state in Obama’s favor. The percentage of Republicans was equal to that of Democrats, putting the decision largely in the hands of independents. Obama also got a boost from the minority vote. According to CNN exit polls, an impressive 95 percent of African Americans chose Obama, along with 60 percent of Hispanics. Women, making up 55 percent of the voter population in Florida, also favored Obama."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
therealville Wrote:we shall see who is right in the very near future. Like i said, you will never admit america is moving left to a liberal like me. Any fool can see it. even trt admits that america is moving way left.

huh?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:What does that have to do with people from "biased" states being intelligent enough to vote for what's right in "rights" issues of others?

You're straining again. You said the federal government should usurp the sovereign authority of the individual states to govern themselves on social issues like smoking marijuana legally. And, that is a very good example of the pitfalls of this continual tinkering around with the Constitution. The next generation as well as the majority of Americans DO NOT agree with you on these social issues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:huh?
You don't think America is getting more liberal, and going towards more immoral ways, according to your standards, as you have posted many times before?
TheRealVille Wrote:We shall see who is right in the very near future. Like I said, you will never admit America is moving left to a liberal like me. Any fool can see it. Even TRT admits that America is moving way left.
There you go again, RV. I have never said that America is not moving to the left that I recall. But claiming that all independents are conservatives is an outright and deliberate lie. As they say, you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
"The President, Congress, and the Supreme court have the power to make decisions for the United States. Maybe you should actually read the Constitution, and look at what it says."

just like roe vs wade, obamacare, now same sex marriage
TheRealThing Wrote:You're straining again. You said the federal government should usurp the sovereign authority of the individual states to govern themselves on social issues like smoking marijuana legally.
The federal government should rule on stuff that biased states can be biased in their votes. Mississippi for example, would most likely vote to do away with the civil rights amendment, and go back to before era of black equality. The high court has ruled 14 times that marriage is a right, yet there are several states that say gays shouldn't be allowed to get married.
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't think America is getting more liberal, and going towards more immoral ways, according to your standards, as you have posted many times before?

My bad. I do believe there is some movement. The way "left part" I'm not at all on board with though. I might also add I believe a national attitude adjustment could well bring way ward sheep back to the fold.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:The federal government should rule on stuff that biased states can be biased in their votes. Mississippi for example, would most likely vote to do away with the civil rights amendment, and go back to the era of black equality. The high court has ruled 14 times that marriage is a right, yet there are several states that say gays shouldn't be allowed to get married.
You don't know anything about Mississippi politics.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There you go again, RV. I have never said that America is not moving to the left that I recall. But claiming that all independents are conservatives is an outright and deliberate lie. As they say, you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
Show where I said this.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You don't know anything about Mississippi politics.
Yea, my bad. I was just going by them just now ratifying the 13th amendment. Maybe I read too much into it.
TheRealVille Wrote:The federal government should rule on stuff that biased states can be biased in their votes. Mississippi for example, would most likely vote to do away with the civil rights amendment, and go back to the era of black equality. The high court has ruled 14 times that marriage is a right, yet there are several states that say gays shouldn't be allowed to get married.

RV, it's the same old circle with you. God Himself set up the institution of marriage way back at the very beginning with earth's first two inhabitants, Adam and Eve. There is no federal mandate regarding marriage, that is God's purview, and His alone. Therefore, matters involving marriage automatically fall back into the hands of the individual state legislatures. It's a shame we even have to talk about legalizing sexually depraved behavior but, such is modern day America.

You're not only demanding that the federal government be given the power to trump your own state government, you're want to extend the federal government's reach to trump GOD's law. Most of us don't want that and therefore no referendum in the near future has a ghost of a chance of passing muster. Hence, your call for federal mandates in matters involving these social issues. You and other liberals are so cock you're right, you would see the collective will of the rest of us, who comprise the majority BTW, vanquished by whatever means necessary. Activist judges, federal government, Putin, whatever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:You know who the CBO is, look it up for yourself. Make sure you find the updated number.

I posted my proof, you're the one running on unsupported statements.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There you go again, RV. I have never said that America is not moving to the left that I recall. But claiming that all independents are conservatives is an outright and deliberate lie. As they say, you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
Again, show where I said this, or admit that you are a liar, since you accused me of being one.
TheRealVille Wrote:Independent means conservative. A conservative party is never going to rise until they get on board with social issues with liberals. The people of this country are changing their views on social issues, and it isn't a move to the right, it's a move left. Hence, the slow death of any conservative leaning party.

TheRealVille Wrote:Let's look at it this way. Conservatives come from 60% of those polled.

^25% plus 35% is still 60, right?

TheRealVille Wrote:Show where I said this.

Are you kidding?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Are you kidding?
Where did I claim all conservatives come from independents. Most independents are more conservative.
TheRealVille Wrote:Where did I claim all conservatives come from independents. Most independents are more conservative.

(1) - Independent means conservative.

(2) - Conservatives come from 60% of those polled. Like I said 25 + 35 = 60, or according to you 100% of the independents were counted as conservatives. To me that means all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Again, show where I said this, or admit that you are a liar, since you accused me of being one.
What I will admit is that you are a liar. 60% of the people surveyed did not self identify as conservatives.
TheRealThing Wrote: (1) - Independent means conservative.

(2) - Conservatives come from 60% of those polled. Like I said 25 + 35 = 60
Lying is second nature for some people. They reach the point that they don't even realize that they are doing it. :biglmao:
Quote: Independent voters are paying attention and they’re outraged. Last week, Christopher Guzman reported that a recent Gallup poll found nearly 70% of Independent voters believe our country is headed in the wrong direction.
http://ivn.us/2011/05/31/many-independen...-libera/Is that direction more of a liberal turn, or conservative?

Are independents more liberal, or conservative?

[Image: http://www.people-press.org/people-press.../636-3.png]
http://www.people-press.org/2010/07/16/v...deologies/
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What I will admit is that you are a liar. 60% of the people surveyed did not self identify as conservatives.
But, conservatives came out of 60% of the people polled, I didn't say the whole 60% was conservative. :biglmao:
TheRealVille Wrote:http://ivn.us/2011/05/31/many-independen...-libera/Is that direction more of a liberal turn, or conservative?

Are independents more liberal, or conservative?

[Image: http://www.people-press.org/people-press.../636-3.png]
http://www.people-press.org/2010/07/16/v...deologies/

You asked for proof where you said all independents are conservative. I just gave you two examples to choose from. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You asked for proof where you said all independents are conservative. I just gave you two examples to choose from. :biggrin:
I never said all in either of those statements. More independents are conservative, than liberal(18% liberal vs 34% conservative), but I never said all were. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you too are an idiot. I knew Hoot was, but I thought you might be a little better off. I was wrong. :biglmao:
TheRealVille Wrote:But, conservatives came out of 60% of the people polled, I didn't say the whole 60% was conservative. :biglmao:
That was your implication. To interpret your statement any other way means that you point was nonsense. If you prefer to look foolish to dishonest, then you have your bases covered.
TheRealVille Wrote:Which two classes take in more conservative voters?

Democrat
33%
[SIZE="4"]Republican
25%
Independent
35%[/SIZE]

You tell us, what portion of the independents you cited here were left out of the 60% number you went on about for a couple of posts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You tell us, what portion of the independents you cited here were left out of the 60% number you went on about for a couple of posts?
I really don't think that RV's math skills allow him to understand these polls. What seems simple to us, seems to leave him dumbfounded. Confusednicker:
TheRealThing Wrote:You tell us, what portion of the independents you cited here were left out of the 60% number you went on about for a couple of posts?
18% of independents identify with liberals, 34% identify with conservatives. Can you read? I posted a picture, just for you.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next