Regional notables:

UK #8

UofL #10

ND #16

IU #19
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Huge series win for Florida State this weekend after getting pounded by GT 10-0 in game 1.

The Noles look shaky a lot but find ways to win. The Friday night games by Leibrandt have to improve. That is 2 of 2 ACC losses on Friday Night. Leibrandt was fantastic as a freshman, but just doesn't have the same stuff or confidence.

I wouldn't mind seeing Luke Weaver move into the Sunday role as Peter Miller gave up 5 early, before the bullpen and offense provided a comeback chance to take the series. 22-2 is good, but there are still a lot of question marks. With Justin Gonzalez out for the season, the offense takes a hit as well. Marcus Davis and DJ Stewart have a big load to carry.

It will be interesting to see how they continue to move on in ACC play with two of the weaker series behind them. Hopefully the Noles finish well enough to host.
Spirit100 Wrote:http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/col...14896.html

Regional notables:

UK #8

UofL #10

ND #16

IU #19
Indiana getting a lot of credit for the series win at UF. The Gators are struggling badly this season and it is not as impressive as many may think.

Tough to get a good read on Big10 schools as the competition is so poor. We will see in May/June how they stack up.
[quote=Panther Thunder]Indiana getting a lot of credit for the series win at UF. The Gators are struggling badly this season and it is not as impressive as many may think.

Tough to get a good read on Big10 schools as the competition is so poor. We will see in May/June how they stack up.[/QUOT

Explains why there are no BIG10 teams in the top 15. Baseball season above the KY/TN border should just be postponed 2-3 weeks. If you play travel south as do most squads.

Answer me this Panther...do the Oregon squads play in a dome? Or do they play over the course of 6 hours between rain delays? Both Oregon and Oregon State are in the top 15.

Good luck with UNC as a Seminole fan. Are the Tarheels that good?

Thanks for joining the discussion. Hopefully more will follow. Wilson and I (Tom Hanks style ) where growing tired of one another Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:[quote=Panther Thunder]Indiana getting a lot of credit for the series win at UF. The Gators are struggling badly this season and it is not as impressive as many may think.

Tough to get a good read on Big10 schools as the competition is so poor. We will see in May/June how they stack up.[/QUOT

Explains why there are no BIG10 teams in the top 15. Baseball season above the KY/TN border should just be postponed 2-3 weeks. If you play travel south as do most squads.

Answer me this Panther...do the Oregon squads play in a dome? Or do they play over the course of 6 hours between rain delays? Both Oregon and Oregon State are in the top 15.

Good luck with UNC as a Seminole fan. Are the Tarheels that good?

Thanks for joining the discussion. Hopefully more will follow. Wilson and I (Tom Hanks style ) where growing tired of one another Confusednicker:
The Oregon schools do not have to deal with "as bad" climate. Also, Oregon just started their program back up, so not exactly a polished example of a baseball program. OSU has been really fun to watch with excellent coaching.

They also benefit from being in a conference with a lot of warm weather teams. They can recruit those surplus areas similar to what a TN/KY school could do with Georgia/SC.

GT is fantastic offensively but after their Friday starter, they can be scored on by a good offense. Do not know much about UNC and UVA yet. UVA has had great pitching the past few years and UNC is always solid. UNC took 2 of 3 from Miami, but Miami has also dropped series to UF and Duke.

FSU is pretty lucky to be where they are. Their Saturday starter was lost for the year in the preseason, the Friday Starter has not been great, and they lost their Shortstop and 3rd best stick for the year to a hip injury. The bullpen and offense have been pleasant surprises but we will see how it maintains over the course of the next 2 months.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The Friday night games by Leibrandt have to improve. That is 2 of 2 ACC losses on Friday Night. Leibrandt was fantastic as a freshman, but just doesn't have the same stuff or confidence.
And Leibrandt picks up another L at Virginia Tech on Friday Night. Unreal.
Without me personally taking the time to research this, is he related to former ML pitcher Charlie Leibrandt?
Bob Seger Wrote:Without me personally taking the time to research this, is he related to former ML pitcher Charlie Leibrandt?

It is his son.
Action has been taken by Mike Martin.

Leibrandt will move to Saturday. Sitz will move to Sunday. Luke Weaver will get the Friday Night Start against Miami. Can't wait to see how the sophomores react to the changes. I assume this puts Peter Miller in a mid-week role.

The loss of Mike Compton to season-preventing surgery is really rearing its head right about now. Coupled with awful defense, not a good combo.