Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas Oil Spill Leaves Crude Running Through Suburban Streets
The new pipeline will create jobs and hopefully lower fuel cost.

now that's a laugh :biglmao:
vector Wrote:keystone
[Image: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/...0-pack.jpg] Yea Baby keep your hands off of my stones
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't know. In this neighborhood, probably. But, it might not even run through it, just beside of it.
pipeline there 60+ years
vector Wrote:The new pipeline will create jobs and hopefully lower fuel cost.

so who would build the Keystone XL pipeline? elves?
vector Wrote:The new pipeline will create jobs and hopefully lower fuel cost.

so are you saying infrastructure projects don't create jobs?
This thread proves blatant disregard for anything but jobs and cheap oil from some. Not that this neighborhood is an environmentally fragile area, but the attitude here is the norm for most conservatives. "To hell with anything but ourselves". Some areas are fragile is my point. I'm all for pipelines, if we are using the oil, and they are ran in non fragile areas, which this might very well be. Is this oil going through the US to get on a boat in the gulf?
and yet the environment can be cleaned up. The benifits of cheap oil out weight a temporary little environment mess
nky Wrote:and yet the environment can be cleaned up. The benifits of cheap oil out weight a temporary little environment mess
They've been 3 years trying to clean up the oil spill in Kalamazoo, Mi.
only because much of the spilled oil is on the bottom of the Kalamazoo river.

http://www.epa.gov/enbridgespill/
nky Wrote:and yet the environment can be cleaned up. The benifits of cheap oil out weight a temporary little environment mess

if we got the oil for ourselves and it would lower gas prices a lot then it might just be worth it but if they pipe the oil to the refineries then sell it lets say china I don't think it would be worth what many people say are 9000 jobs it would create
TheRealVille Wrote:Not in this case. They confiscated a "right of way" to run the pipe through the people's land. They still had the land, but a pipe was underneath it. Just like in the case above of the family farm, we kept the farm, but the oil company destroyed the land.

Of the hundreds of thousands of miles of pipelines in this country, and the hundreds of thousands of acres it goes underneath, I wonder what percentage of properties are "destroyed"? And what percentage of land owners never notice its even there?

It doesn't matter if you're transporting oil by pipeline or students by bus, although unfortunate, bad things happen on occasion.
TheRealVille Wrote:I can agree with that. My point is this, when we do things like running this pipeline through this neighborhood, sometimes there are consequences like this. The point being, we have to watch where we run some of them, and not just go skippy, and say "run it", just to worry about jobs, and bringing prices down. Some places are more delicate than others.

And that was more than adequately addressed when it was approved the first time, much less this last time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vector Wrote:if we got the oil for ourselves and it would lower gas prices a lot then it might just be worth it but if they pipe the oil to the refineries then sell it lets say china I don't think it would be worth what many people say are 9000 jobs it would create
yet the current administration is happy with keeping oil prices high
vector Wrote:if we got the oil for ourselves and it would lower gas prices a lot then it might just be worth it but if they pipe the oil to the refineries then sell it lets say china I don't think it would be worth what many people say are 9000 jobs it would create
helping implement President Obama's ambitious agenda
“Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” – Energy Secretary Steven Chu
nky Wrote:yet the current administration is happy with keeping oil prices high

The administration has nothing to do with oil or gas prices.

Confusednicker:
drill baby drill
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The administration has nothing to do with oil or gas prices.

Confusednicker:

Maybe you could take some time to explain what you're talking about to the economists I've heard, who think other wise. Matter of fact, if you could just give us a cursory outline of your reasoning on the matter, I for one would like to learn.

Bumper Sticker Quote; Drill Baby Drill. "Speaking of bumper stickers, remember “Yes We Can”, Mr. President? Erasing uncertainty is the #1 thing you can do as a national leader if you truly desire to lower gasoline prices.
Below is my humble 10-point plan: Things President Obama could (but won’t) do to reduce domestic gasoline prices."

CLICK LINK TO SEE 10 THINGS
http://www.redstate.com/vladimir/2012/02...rices-now/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Maybe you could take some time to explain what you're talking about to the economists I've heard, who think other wise. Matter of fact, if you could just give us a cursory outline of your reasoning on the matter, I for one would like to learn.

Bumper Sticker Quote; Drill Baby Drill. "Speaking of bumper stickers, remember “Yes We Can”, Mr. President? Erasing uncertainty is the #1 thing you can do as a national leader if you truly desire to lower gasoline prices.
Below is my humble 10-point plan: Things President Obama could (but won’t) do to reduce domestic gasoline prices."

We have three goals at RedState:
1) Educate conservatives
2) Motivate conservatives to get involved in the political process
3) Activate conservatives through RedState’s support and tools
RedState does not stand athwart history yelling stop. We yell “ready,” “aim,” and “fire,” too.
Welcome to RedState.
vector Wrote:We have three goals at RedState:
1) Educate conservatives
3) Activate conservatives through RedState’s support and tools
RedState does not stand athwart history yelling stop. We yell “ready,” “aim,” and “fire,” too.
Welcome to RedState.

I can totally see why you usually keep your posts to a few words, or just post a link.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Maybe you could take some time to explain what you're talking about to the economists I've heard, who think other wise. Matter of fact, if you could just give us a cursory outline of your reasoning on the matter, I for one would like to learn.

Lol, If you remember, which im sure you will say u don't. When Bush was president and democrats would cry over gas prices. Republicans would say that the administration had no control over gas prices. But we watched them raise and raise and raise. Yes they fell during his last couple of months. Only because of an economic collapse.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, If you remember, which im sure you will say u don't. When Bush was president and democrats would cry over gas prices. Republicans would say that the administration had no control over gas prices. But we watched them raise and raise and raise. Yes they fell during his last couple of months. Only because of an economic collapse.
That is not how I remember things at all. Democrats have been blocking drilling in places like ANWR for years. Most Republicans understand basic economics and have always known that increasing supply faster than demand always results in lower prices. The federal government could force prices for gasoline down anytime by leasing reserves at a faster rate, approving pipelines, and lowering taxes on petroleum products. The Obama administration does not want low prices on any fossil fuel and they never have.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, If you remember, which im sure you will say u don't. When Bush was president and democrats would cry over gas prices. Republicans would say that the administration had no control over gas prices. But we watched them raise and raise and raise. Yes they fell during his last couple of months. Only because of an economic collapse.

How do you know what I'll say? Are you another willing victim to the character assassination and slander tactics of the left? I admit, it's much easier to shoot the messenger than to give up on a long held rationale. As I have mentioned many times on here, I stick with what I know to be the truth. I watched it go down. From the days of Jack Kennedy to the days of "The Amateur", I understood policy when it was happening, and now that it is a matter of record I understand how it has affected my country. Which, is why I am critical of the egoist loon sitting the captain's chair at present.

If some of you guys knew history better, or if you could ever get past the simplistic dems versus republican politics of the 1950's and realize the liberals have taken over your party, we could talk. I saw it happen. Not that the dems would at any point fail to blame the republicans for everything wrong. The dems were not crying about high gas prices, they were using the crisis to manipulate a particular mind set in their base. At any rate, here is what happened when Bush was in office; "From the mid-1980s to September 2003, the inflation-adjusted price of a barrel of crude oil on NYMEX was generally under $25/barrel. During 2003, the price rose above $30, reached $60 by 11 August 2005, and peaked at $147.30 in July 2008." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000s_energy_crisis

You might want to take a few minutes and have a look at the content provided in the link above if you want to speak to the issue with some measure of confidence. Or you can listen to the talking points provided by the DNC, it's up to you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That is not how I remember things at all. Democrats have been blocking drilling in places like ANWR for years. Most Republicans understand basic economics and have always known that increasing supply faster than demand always results in lower prices. The federal government could force prices for gasoline down anytime by leasing reserves at a faster rate, approving pipelines, and lowering taxes on petroleum products. The Obama administration does not want low prices on any fossil fuel and they never have.

[Image: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...6832_n.jpg]
TheRealThing Wrote:I can totally see why you usually keep your posts to a few words, or just post a link.

http://www.redstate.com/about/
vector Wrote:http://www.redstate.com/about/

I've seen the mission statement before. Is there supposed to be something noteworthy about it past it's obvious intended meaning?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vector Wrote:We have three goals at Red State:
1) Educate conservatives
3) Activate conservatives through RedState support and tools
Red State does not stand athwart history yelling stop. We yell “ready,” “aim,” and “fire,” too.
Welcome to RedState.

vector Wrote:http://www.redstate.com/about/
:betterthanexpected: But then again I don't understand your point in posting this. Are you saying it's a bad thing that an organization wants to formulate a common message?
Where you at 23?

This is your time to get up on the podium and show off your knowledge about presidential power, or the lack of it, when it comes to energy, and it's availability and pricing during a particular administration. However, just to follow the logic of your last post on the matter for just one step further. One would necessarily be forced to conclude that the very concept of an administration wasting time to even have energy policies, would have to be nothing more than a political gimmick in the first place, right? Since according to you, "The administration has nothing to do with oil or gas prices." that must mean that, "When Bush was president and democrats would cry over gas prices." it was just one more propaganda stunt in a very long line of propaganda stunts, dreamed up and initiated by the democrats.

Again, it is not about a journey to the truth for liberal democrats. It is about a journey to John Lennon la-la land. The liberal utopia where nothing matters but personal self indulgence. And, destroying the reputation of their cohorts across the aisle, in an all out attempt to overthrow the workings of government as defined by the preceding 237 years of our national history. Obama dreams of closing out the last two years in office with another super majority. Talk about getting things rammed down our throats, it would be a complete nightmare for anybody who had any intention at all to work for his living and the retired millions. The working minority will be forced to carry the financial baggage of the lazy until their financial legs simply give out, and those retired millions? They will face the reality of bearing the financial burden of the next generation as well as the last. At some point American's on the paying side of the ledger will have had enough. But, at that point America will be at her most vulnerable both from without and within.

If the sober among us don't rise to the challenge in 2014, as I have said, the last channel marker will fade from sight and America will achieve the liberal vision of having been transformed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:[Image: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...6832_n.jpg]
This is the kind of lazy, irrelevant response that we have all come to expect from you. It is easier to let other people put words in your mouth and do the thinking for you, but it does not give one any sense of accomplishment, does it, RV?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is the kind of lazy, irrelevant response that we have all come to expect from you. It is easier to let other people put words in your mouth and do the thinking for you, but it does not give one any sense of accomplishment, does it, RV?
What part of that cartoon haven't you all(conservatives here) said before?
TheRealVille Wrote:What part of that cartoon haven't you all(conservatives here) said before?
You did not respond to any of the points that I made. Consequently, I see nothing to be gained on wasting my time restating positions that are available to you through the "Search" functionality of the forum. You demonstrate every day that you have no interest in the truth.