Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer traded to Cards
Quarterback Carson Palmer has been traded from the Oakland Raiders to the Arizona Cardinals for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Raiders will receive the draft pick if Palmer starts 13 games for the Cardinals in the 2013 season. The return the Raiders received for Palmer is far less than the price the team paid to acquire the quarterback from the Cincinnati Bengals in 2011 for a 2012 first-round draft pick and a second-round selection in the 2013 draft.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/912476...als-source
Reggie McKenzie doin' work for the Raiders...loving it!
J-Rod Wrote:Reggie McKenzie doin' work for the Raiders...loving it!

Do you really feel Flynn is a better option at QB than Palmer?

Secondly, I'm glad Palmer was a big sissy a couple of years ago & allowed the Bengals to trade him. May be Mike Brown's cornerstone deal, I highly doubt it though.
Unproven, yes.

But what little he's played, he has shined.

He went neck and neck with Russell Wilson for the Seahawks QB job.
J-Rod Wrote:Unproven, yes.

But what little he's played, he has shined.

He went neck and neck with Russell Wilson for the Seahawks QB job.

Neck & neck?? Russell Wilson was the starter the entire season, after the preseason Flynn only played in 3 games. One of which, he came in & kneeled the ball 3 times in blowout victory over the 49ers. Another, he came in & went 5 for 9 in a blowout over the Cardinals. The other he didn't even log a statistic. Granted he shined behind a playoff caliber offensive line in Green Bay, hard to throw to anyone when you're on your back. I'm not sold on Matt Flynn, & never have been. He's another Kevin Kolb.
I meant to say in the preseason he was neck & neck with Wilson.

This is a low risk/high reward deal...didn't give up much to get him and he could be a franchise QB....if he comes in and falls flat...oh well.

Teddy Bridgewater in 2014.
J-Rod Wrote:I meant to say in the preseason he was neck & neck with Wilson.

This is a low risk/high reward deal...didn't give up much to get him and he could be a franchise QB....if he comes in and falls flat...oh well.

Teddy Bridgewater in 2014.

Al Davis, is rolling over.
lol...why you so mad?
J-Rod Wrote:lol...why you so mad?

Mad?? Im not.
So in other words, the Cards will get the 2014 #1 overall pick!
Congrats Arizona on your pre selection last place finish in the league.