Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little League State Tournament updates
Opening ceremonies begin tonight at 6:00 at the Ampitheatre at the Paintsville Lake. All are encouraged to attend. I will keep everyone updated on the scores of the games starting tomorrow. Should be some great little league baseball games to watch.
Finally the day's games have come to an end. It was questionable whether there would be games or not,but the PLL board worked hard on getting the fields ready to go.
Wayne Co. defeated Paintsville 12-3 I believe. The WC catcher had 3 homeruns.
St. Matthews defeated Lexington Eastern American 8-7 in 8 innings.
Russel Co. defeated Ashland American 4-3
Owensboro Southern defeated Belfry 10-0. Nolan Miller from OS pitched a perfect game striking out 11. Belfry was tied with them 0-0 going into the third with Tyler Williams pitching 3 perfect innings and then the OS bats heated up.

There were 18 homeruns hit today. It was amazing. There are some great little league games to watch.
I'm sorry I got a couple of scores wrong. Wayne County beat Paintsville 11-2 and St. Matthews defeated Lexington Eastern American, 7-6.
Thanks for all the info.
Pupaw Wrote:Finally the day's games have come to an end. It was questionable whether there would be games or not,but the PLL board worked hard on getting the fields ready to go.
Wayne Co. defeated Paintsville 12-3 I believe. The WC catcher had 3 homeruns.
St. Matthews defeated Lexington Eastern American 8-7 in 8 innings.
Russel Co. defeated Ashland American 4-3
Owensboro Southern defeated Belfry 10-0. Nolan Miller from OS pitched a perfect game striking out 11. Belfry was tied with them 0-0 going into the third with Tyler Williams pitching 3 perfect innings and then the OS bats heated up.

There were 18 homeruns hit today. It was amazing. There are some great little league games to watch.
Did you see this game! I would say their bats heated up. OS led off the fourth with a base hit up the middle, then FIVE home runs in a row. Not a misprint FIVE then ended the game with a three run walk off.
I saw it. It was amazing. I've never seen that in a wiffle ball game. They will be tough to stop if their pitching can hold up. Which by the way things looked tonight, the pitching will be fine.
I agree, the back-back-back-back-back homerun show was pretty amazing. I saw them hit 3 in a row, then I said I'd seen enough. Started to walk home then one of the smaller kids smashed one out, so I finished the inning out. Never seen that before in my life.
I've been around LL since the early 70's, and I can recall some big time home runs from some young men in all of those years, but seeing the game last night with OS was quite a treat. I have never ever seen home runs flying out of that park like that ever. They will be very tough to stop IMO.
Is the tourney over or is there anymore games? Could someone please let me know A.S.A.P.? Thanks for the info guys!
NOPE.. not over Smile... from what I hear... (didn't attend today's games)... Owensboro beat Belfry last night 10-0 and beat Paintsville tonight 19-4.... Belfry won tonight by protest with a score of 6-0...... That is all have I at the moment but... Will update if I hear more!!! Big Grin
Would love to catch some games..Just got home from Cherokee Lake and it was killing me knowing the Tourney was going on, lol..If anyone has any gametimes could they please post!
In the first game tonight, Wayne Co. defeated Belfry 7-6. However Wayne Co. had a kid not hit at all in the game. Belfry protested and got the win due to forfeit,6-0. In the second game today Owensboro Southern continued the HR pattern blasting out 3 and defeated Paintsville 19-4. The only bright spot in the lineup today from Paintsville was Ethan Daniel, who hit a monster homerun in the first. In the third game today St. Matthews defeated Russel Co. 5-0. In the last game Lexington American defeated Ashland National 4-3 in a great ballgame. Lexington won on a walk off, 2 RBI double. The Ashland pitcher threw a 2 hitter, struck out 14, and walked 11.

In the 9/10 state tournament thus far:

Washington Co.-6 Morgan Co.-6
St. Matthews-3 Whitesburg-5

Warren Co.-3 Ashland American-4
Mercer Co.-1 Wayne Co.-3

Warren Co.-8 Ashland American-10
Washington Co.-0 Whitesburg-7

St. Matthews-13 Wayne Co.-8
Mercer Co.-2 Morgan Co.-3
It seems like Owensboro Southern's bats don't get going into late in the game most times. Paintsville hung in there for about 3 or 4 innings then the OS bats came alive and pounded the ball. From what I've heard that is the way that things have been for their lineup all year. It's amazing on how they adjust to the pitcher and just demolish the ball.
Can't wait to get back and see some of the third round games tom.!!! LL is definately the best!!!
Playboy5, there will be a final round in Pool Play for both 9-10's and 11-12's Monday July 17th. Games will start at 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM. 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM. First round of single elimination will be Tuesday at 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM. with the Championship game in each level for Wednesday at 6:00 PM. Come and enjoy some Great Baseball.:howdy:

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Would love to catch some games..Just got home from Cherokee Lake and it was killing me knowing the Tourney was going on, lol..If anyone has any gametimes could they please post!
Hey, thanks Blacknight! Willdefinately catch up on some REAL BASEBALL!
Pupaw Wrote:In the first game tonight, Wayne Co. defeated Belfry 7-6. However Wayne Co. had a kid not hit at all in the game. Belfry protested and got the win due to forfeit,6-0. In the second game today Owensboro Southern continued the HR pattern blasting out 3 and defeated Paintsville 19-4. The only bright spot in the lineup today from Paintsville was Ethan Daniel, who hit a monster homerun in the first. In the third game today St. Matthews defeated Russel Co. 5-0. In the last game Lexington American defeated Ashland National 4-3 in a great ballgame. Lexington won on a walk off, 2 RBI double. The Ashland pitcher threw a 2 hitter, struck out 14, and walked 11.

In the Belfry-- Wayne Co game...It was not the close game that it sounds. Belfry had this game 6-1 until the bottom of the forth and was doing just fine holding their own! WC tied this game and got their 7th run in the bottom of the 5th. WE gave this game up due to SEVERAL errors. We beat ourselves (score wise). Had this kid got his bat in...it could have changed the game either way, for example he could have struck out when he batted instead of another kid scoring---had he been put in....or he could have scored. we'll never know...but he didn't, therefore it was a forefeit. I feel very bad for the WC kids, its not their fault, but rules are rules and it was a 1 point game.

I counted "7" homeruns againts Paintsville driven out by OS...not 3 Confusedhh:!! Believe me after a very low life remark:dontthink made by a paintsville spectator about a Belfry player (we heard this remark, its not hear say) we were counting the homeruns made by OS :Clap:
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Did you see this game! I would say their bats heated up. OS led off the fourth with a base hit up the middle, then FIVE home runs in a row. Not a misprint FIVE then ended the game with a three run walk off.

There is nothing like OS! They are AWESOME! :1: Belfry is proud to have done that well against such a team!! How many state titles have they won (without being host) and played in the world series. They are amazing to watch. Belfry was congradulated by OS and many other for having a score of 0--0 at the top of the 4th!! THey were told they shocked everybody. Every run scored by OS against Belfry was over the fence:yikes: and I do mean over :Clap: theres nothing more our boys could have done.
Nice Post Pirates~R~US....
How is the Whitesburg 9/10 year olds doing?
Belfry 7 Paintsville 3 Belfry advances to semi final round as the 2 seed out of pool B plays St.Mathews tomorrow at 6:00 and owensboro southern plays the 2 seed out of pool a at 8:00 , state championship on wed between the winners tomorrow. Go Belfry give them all u got.
I heard about this incident, I was not there, but I know who said that, and they are not associated with Paintsville little league in any shape form or fashion. And obviously the Wayne Co., Belfry game was as close as it sounds. Belfry is a better team than Wayne Co. they should've won. Also about the homerun count from Owensboro Southern and Paintsville, Paintsville allowed 5 homeruns not 7. I was mistaken when I heard that Paintsville gave up 3 and for that I apologize. But if I'm not mistaken I believe Belfry allowed 6 homeruns to them? And 5 of them were back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Congrats to Belfry on a well played tournament.

Pirates~R~Us Wrote:In the Belfry-- Wayne Co game...It was not the close game that it sounds. Belfry had this game 6-1 until the bottom of the forth and was doing just fine holding their own! WC tied this game and got their 7th run in the bottom of the 5th. WE gave this game up due to SEVERAL errors. We beat ourselves (score wise). Had this kid got his bat in...it could have changed the game either way, for example he could have struck out when he batted instead of another kid scoring---had he been put in....or he could have scored. we'll never know...but he didn't, therefore it was a forefeit. I feel very bad for the WC kids, its not their fault, but rules are rules and it was a 1 point game.

I counted "7" homeruns againts Paintsville driven out by OS...not 3 Confusedhh:!! Believe me after a very low life remark:dontthink made by a paintsville spectator about a Belfry player (we heard this remark, its not hear say) we were counting the homeruns made by OS :Clap:
Some scores from tonight are:

St. Matthews-12
Belfry-0

Owensboro Southern-10
Lexington Eastern American-0

In the 9-10's:

St. Matthews-5
Wayne Co.-0

Warren Co. North-5
Ashland American-0

Both state championship games are set to start at 6:00.
In the 11/12's it is Owensboro Southern -vs- St. Matthews
In the 9/10's it is Warren Co. North -vs- St. Matthews
Good Luck to all teams going into the finals! To all the other teams, "thanks for making this tournament a good one"! Thanks to all the people who worked so hard on this event.
Pupaw Wrote:I heard about this incident, I was not there, but I know who said that, and they are not associated with Paintsville little league in any shape form

I was told these people were helping with the ring toss ect between the games...?? i dont know them but they were from Paintsville. Im glad they wern't associated with Little League tho
IISnakE Wrote:Good Luck to all teams going into the finals! To all the other teams, "thanks for making this tournament a good one"! Thanks to all the people who worked so hard on this event.

Its been a great tourny!! Congradulations to ALL the kids involved!! You've ALL done great!!

We're very very proud of our Belfry boys. You won District and hung in there and played with the best!! I've sure seen some talent this weekend :Thumbs:
Game times today please?
6:00 PM on Both fields! OS and St. Matthews in 11/12s. Should be a Great Game!
Who isinat 9/10's? So tonight is the championship?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Who isinat 9/10's? So tonight is the championship?

Warren Co. N verses St. Matthews Am. for the 9-10's:popcorn: