Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Economics Question!
Hey guys, this is my midterm essay this week, and I wanted to post it on here to maybe generate a good discussion and get your opinion! Think in terms of an owner, not a fan!

You are the owner of an NBA team that is on the “bubble” for grabbing the last playoff spot. The season has ten games left. For ECONOMIC REASONS, do you push to get that last spot or do you order the coach to “play the rookies and tank the season.”?

Identify your choice of action and tell us why you choose that action. Remember factors like your league's revenue sharing policy, the fact that your league has a reverse order draft, a salary cap, etc. Consider an economist’s view of probabilities and risk.

What do ya think?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hey guys, this is my midterm essay this week, and I wanted to post it on here to maybe generate a good discussion and get your opinion! Think in terms of an owner, not a fan!

You are the owner of an NBA team that is on the “bubble” for grabbing the last playoff spot. The season has ten games left. For ECONOMIC REASONS, do you push to get that last spot or do you order the coach to “play the rookies and tank the season.”?

Identify your choice of action and tell us why you choose that action. Remember factors like your league's revenue sharing policy, the fact that your league has a reverse order draft, a salary cap, etc. Consider an economist’s view of probabilities and risk.

What do ya think?
Everything is about the money do what makes the most
Tank and get the Better draft picks. I not you get officiated games like this.
Wins = money
Home playoff games = more money

Win and make the playoffs so you can have more games.

Games that people watch on TV.
Games that mean you can sell more expensive ads to people who want their name seen on tv.
Games that cost more to get into.
Games where hotdogs are expensive.

Playoff games = a lot of money
Playoffs were my answer too, I said if it was the difference in the 5th and 3rd picks then maybe you tank but not 15-17
In your bibliography how are you going to honor: Zaga, WildcatK, and the other guy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi