• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombing at Boston Marathon
Crazy Stuff....

Boston (CNN) -- At least two explosions rocked the finish line at the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon, injuring at least a half-dozen people, a CNN producer at the scene said.

The blasts occurred a few seconds apart on opposite sides of the street, CNN Producer Matt Frucci reported. The first left "a big plume of smoke" hovering over the area, around Boston's Copley Square; the second occurred perhaps 10 seconds later, he said.

The explosions occurred about 2:45 p.m., about an hour after the first of the race's nearly 27,000 runners had crossed the finish line, Frucci said. The race was halted after the explosions as was subway service into the area.

Paramedics were treating several victims at the scene, and police ordered onlookers to back away from the area. Troops from the Massachusetts National Guard were assisting police as well.

Onlooker Josh Matthews said he heard the blast, then saw police running toward the scene.

"We just heard a lot of sirens, and people were kind of frantic, and it was a bad situation, so we got out of there," he said.

A spokeswoman for Massachusetts General Hospital said four patients were being treated there.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-...?hpt=hp_t1
2 dead lot more hurt
Authorities in Boston have found other explosive devices that they were working to dismantle, a federal law enforcement source told CNN. The devices were "low flashpoint," and did not appear to have shrapnel inside them, the source said.
A third explosion happened at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library "about a half-hour ago." The library is about 5 miles southeast of the Boston Marathon finish line.
See general discussion thread
Seen one guy in wheelchair with his legs blown off really bad scene.
What is wrong with people.
Apparently there are now 12 dead this is a sad day.
Officials: Boston Marathon bombs kill 2, hurt 49

Two dead in bomb blasts near finish line of Boston Marathon, Boston police say. Area hospitals say at least 49, and as many as 51, are injured.
Two explosions happened at about 2:50 p.m., more than two hours after the first of the race's nearly 27,000 runners had crossed the finish line.
Third blast later reported at JFK Library about 5 miles away, police say. Not clear whether that blast is connected to first two.
Race called off; Red Cross website established to help people find loved ones in the area
Check back here for updates; full story here; also, see CNN affiliates WBZ; WCVB; WHDH
nky Wrote:A third explosion happened at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library "about a half-hour ago." The library is about 5 miles southeast of the Boston Marathon finish line.
seems to be an unrelated fire
Very unfortunate to hear about. Very sad day! All thoughts and prayers go out to the injured spectators as well as the runners and emergency medical crew on the scene.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Jihad in Boston: Muslim suspect held as 12 dead, 50 injured in Boston Marathon bombings

Jihad in Boston. "Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital," from the New York Post, April 15:

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.
Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Apparently there are now 12 dead this is a sad day.

nm that was a ny post article.
the other guy Wrote:Jihad in Boston: Muslim suspect held as 12 dead, 50 injured in Boston Marathon bombings

Jihad in Boston. "Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital," from the New York Post, April 15:

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.
Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.
Close down the "other" "National Inquirer", and go to another source.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:nm that was a ny post article.

the other guy Wrote:Jihad in Boston: Muslim suspect held as 12 dead, 50 injured in Boston Marathon bombings

No one else is reporting this
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik...d-sources/
Boston explosions: New York Post better have good sources

Posted by Erik Wemple on April 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm

<!-- .entry-meta --></HEADER><!-- .entry-header --><!-- END UTILITY BAR --><!-- UTILITY BAR --><!--

-->[/url]

[url=http://www.tumblr.com/share]

Have a look at how various news outlets were describing the carnage from the Boston explosions as of approximately 4:30 this afternoon:
Washington Post
TheRealVille Wrote:Close down the "other" "National Inquirer", and go to another source.

Read my title "lets see if this is true"
120 runners are from KY
http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html
Whoever, and however many gutless cowards are responsible for this, needs to die. No 15-20 years on a taxpayer's dime. Take them, tear their limbs off and beat them to death with them. And televise it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Whoever, and however many gutless cowards are responsible for this, needs to die. No 15-20 years on a taxpayer's dime. Take them, tear their limbs off and beat them to death with them. And televise it.
I'm with you on all counts. On a side note: I heard the other day that it cost more to put an inmate on death row, and kill him, than to house him for life with no parole. I don't see how that could be true.
^roughly 24,000 a year to feed and house a general population prisoner-one trial maybe 2 (less than $100k each)
Death penalty- 1-2 million per trial- times 7 plus 20+ years of housing until you juice them.
Cheaper to House a lifer than kill one
nky Wrote:^roughly 24,000 a year to feed and house a general population prisoner-one trial maybe 2 (less than $100k each)
Death penalty- 1-2 million per trial- times 7 plus 20+ years of housing until you juice them.
Cheaper to House a lifer than kill one
That's what I heard this week. I didn't know if it was true.
TheRealVille Wrote:That's what I heard this week. I didn't know if it was true.
Simple solution- If they are given the death sentence, give them one appeal, AT THEIR EXPENSE, to be turned in within two or three months after their initial verdict, and if they are found guilty, execute them within 30 days. Simple as that. If these people doing all this killing had something to fear, then they might think twice about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ criminals don't think about the consequences because they don't think they'll get caught especially the crazy ones.
Besides sometimes people are wrongly convicted and sentenced to death
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Simple solution- If they are given the death sentence, give them one appeal, AT THEIR EXPENSE, to be turned in within two or three months after their initial verdict, and if they are found guilty, execute them within 30 days. Simple as that. If these people doing all this killing had something to fear, then they might think twice about it.

Considering how many people on death row are acquitted during these "frivolous" trials you might wanna rethink that.
^I'll never have a say-so in what happens to them regardless, so I think the inmates are safe lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have never really been a supporter of the death penalty, because I always thought that a rich white guy would never be put to death but after O.J. I changed my mine, now it is any rich guy.

Nobody does a better job covering major breaking news stories than Fox News because they have a bigger budget and more boots on the ground than any other news organization. CBS News is reporting the same basic facts. A Saudi national was tackled by bystanders and is being held for questioning. Maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but Fox was first with the report and the same accounts are beginning to emerge from other media outlets.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm with you on all counts. On a side note: I heard the other day that it cost more to put an inmate on death row, and kill him, than to house him for life with no parole. I don't see how that could be true.

Im the one that said that over on the politics forum.
I actually had a capital punishment class in college, and its true.

Due to "super due process" it cost much more to sentence a person to death than to sentence that person to life in prison. I know its hard to believe, but its true.
Our last paper in that class was an essay on the question, "now that you know, contrary to popular belief, that sentencing someone to death is actually more expensive than giving them life without parole, has your opinion changed about the death penalty?"

I couldnt believe it either, but numbers dont lie.
As for the bombings, I wouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be some rogue radical with no ties at all to any terrorist orginization.
Warning incredibly graphic. But a picture you should see to understand the suffering in boston.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p...8264_n.jpg
  • 1(current)
  • Next