Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Collins admits he's gay
NBA center Jason Collins on Monday announced that he's gay in a story for Sports Illustrated, becoming the first active player in a major American team sport to announce that he is gay.

"I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation," Collins wrote. "I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, 'I'm different.' If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/922365...ive-player
Yet another case of i really dont care.
41% fg percentage for a 7 footer is awful
never averaged ten points or rebounds a game in a singel season
always averaged below one block per game - awful 4 his size

yet now he's a great player
probably just trying to say he did something in the nba
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yet another case of i really dont care.

Yet u still comment.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:41% fg percentage for a 7 footer is awful
never averaged ten points or rebounds a game in a singel season
always averaged below one block per game - awful 4 his size

yet now he's a great player
probably just trying to say he did something in the nba

Someone said he was great? What are your NBA averages?
Good for him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Someone said he was great? What are your NBA averages?

da read all the media articles calling him great
what are you're career averages
probably not good :lmao:
Indifference, which means I don't care, which should mean something.......
I sense a bit of bigotry in this thread. Either way, it's about time somebody finally admitted to it. I'm sure there's been many in all 4 of the major sports.
Since he was never much of an NBA player, I suppose he felt the need to make a name for himself in some manner. He will now be able to prolong his "career" by visiting the usual liberal media venues.

Isn't it interesting that Clinton and Obama fell all over each other to be first with their bubbling praise. There is no recess from self-serving politicians, is there?
This is news? Who cares what the dude does in his bedroom.
Since he's a free agent does he sign with anyone or are playing days over
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yet u still comment.

Im sorry i forgot the resident spokesperson for GLBT community still posted on here.

Congrats on your "friends" new found open closet.
Only in America can a man go public with sucking balls and be a national hero.
Don't support it not one bit, but it took guts to come out of the closet.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Don't support it not one bit, but it took guts to come out of the closet.

I disagree. With the no absolutes mentality of the Obama Era with most all of the media and entertainment people endlessly pushing the homosexual agenda, he was merely jumping on the bandwagon.

In this time of moral and social decay, it takes much more courage for someone like Tim Tebow to stand up for foundational Christian beliefs. After all, nothing but Christianity can be belittled and ridiculed in present day, Obama led America.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im sorry i forgot the resident spokesperson for GLBT community still posted on here.

Congrats on your "friends" new found open closet.

SO you do care? Interesting.
jetpilot Wrote:Only in America can a man go public with sucking balls and be a national hero.

:biglmao:
This is, clearly, a case of a guy trying to prolong his NBA career because he knows that it puts pressure on the Wizards to not cut him now. If he was an all star at the top of his game and came out, it probably would be significant. In this case though, it is merely a desperate man resorting to desperate measures.
His "fiance" was cute. Unbelievable that she didn't know
[Image: http://globalgrind.com/sites/default/fil...n-moos.jpg]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:SO you do care? Interesting.

Yup, rainbows everywhere.
I heard it was more important than the economy!

Who woulda thought?
Maybe other players will come out.. I don't feel like people should critizise by any means. It could force someone to quit the NBA or any sport for that matter.
Well, let's see. Collins is black and homosexual. It he can be tied to Islam, he will have the politically correct trifecta. He could be on his way to fame as a Democrat politician who is praised in all the liberal venues. Shoot. He may be president some day.

The United States of the present is a far cry from the United States of 1792.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Well, let's see. Collins is black and homosexual. It he can be tied to Islam, he will have the politically correct trifecta. He could be on his way to fame as a Democrat politician who is praised in all the liberal venues. Shoot. He may be president some day.

Times have changed, Harry... :eyeroll:
Homos want you to take Christianity, the Bible, and Jesus out of it. Okay, I will for right now.

Why do I have to know that he is a flamer? If it is the "natural" thing, then why couldn't people that knew him just NATURALLY assume that he was gay just as we NATURALLY assume others are straight. Why is it necessary to "come out"????? I don't announce that I'm straight.

I think the poster above is correct when they say he was desperate and this "coming out" was just a PR move to put pressure on the Wizards to keep him. And there will be A LOT too. He's black, now apparently a fag, and after all, it is the capital of black liberal nation, D.C.

Why should anyone get support for what he has done? Why? So kids and people around the world won't be scared to in the future? Like I said, if it is "natural", then let us assume you are a queer. It's not like that one can't tell within five minutes if someone is or isn't.

This BS makes me sick. Christian beliefs or no Christian beliefs, it's beyond ridiculous.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Well, let's see. Collins is black and homosexual. It he can be tied to Islam, he will have the politically correct trifecta. He could be on his way to fame as a Democrat politician who is praised in all the liberal venues. Shoot. He may be president some day.

Yes . In 1792 things were great for everyone.
^
lol.....

Closed?