Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Stewart
In yesterdays race Stewart supposely turned into Clint Bowyer #07 car and wrecked him and Carl Edwards #99....And Stewart got black flagged for it.....I know when BCF4L reads this he will think im a bandwagonist but my RESPECT for Stewart is growing more and more every week.....Because today in his interview after the race he said

"If the 3 car was here, I don't think we would have the same problems in this series as we have," said Stewart, referring to the late Dale Earnhardt. "He always had a way of letting drivers know where they stood and when to move and when not to move."

Now that right there made me have respect for the man much more than I did before....So what does everyone else think about this?

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headline...index.html
Yeah I'm turning into a Stewart fan because he drives like Earnhardt did.
I like his agressivness, He shows the other drivers that "bumping is racing"! And he lets everyone know hes behind them and that he wants by them! I only wish Dale Jr drove like this he would finish better and win more races !
I like his driving.
Sure, you would like his driving until he puts your favorite driver in the wall. How many Carl Edwards fans like his driving??
I'm a Carl Edwards fan along with Tony. Now yesterday I have to say that I don't agree with Tony. Sure he got pushed up and scraped the wall, but that's racing. No need for him to get all hot headed about it. What he did to Kenseth earlier in the year I do agree with, but this incident I don't. But you will never get me to dislike Tony. I like his agressiveness and like he said, when people saw #3 coming, they knew to get out of the way. I think before long, it will be the same when they see #20 coming.
Tony talks about people driving rough and someone dying at Daytona and then he drives as reckless if not more than anyone else. he sure is a man of conviction isn't he??
I agree that he is a hypocrit(sp?) when it comes to restrictor plate racing. He says that bumping should not be allowed and people are gonna get killed racing the way they are, then he turns around and did that to Kenseth. I think he just needs to keep his mouth shut about it and just race.
Dick Trickle wasn't scared of the 3!
I like his way of thinking on the track!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Here is a statement released by Tony today. Taking blame for his actions, which is pretty good for Tony.

"I'm taking 100 percent responsibility for the final incident that occurred on lap 32 between myself, the 07 [Bowyer] and the 99 [Edwards]. It was totally my fault.

"At the same time, there were circumstances that led up to that wreck, and after talking with Clint [on Monday] morning, we both have a better understanding as to what happened. He was trying to get out of my way and didn't realize that I had gone to the outside. He thought I was to his inside, and when he tried to give me some room, he slid into us and it put us into the outside wall. I reacted, causing the wreck that I take responsibility for and regret."
Pretty good job for satewart taking the blame BUT it takes a man to take the blame for a wreck in nascar, b/c nascar watches and listens to everything that goes on....I am starting to like the way Stewart races more and more every week but I wont be a 100 % stewart fan..

But if everyone would sit back and ask WHY do you like Dale Earnhardt Jr.....over 80 % of thos people would say bc I liked his dad and I followed his footsteps...IF it wasnt for Dale SR., Dale Jr wouldnt be in no where as popular in nascar as he is now
what does everyone think about that and im a JR fan?
I personally don't like JR or SR. But like you said, the only reason that I don't like Jr is because I didn't like Sr. If it wasn't for that then I wouldn't have a problem with him. I just don't like how everyone wants to base Jr around Sr. They are two totally different racers and have 2 different styles.
yes sir you would be correct...I mean SR wasnt known for winning alot of races but he was consistent...I mean look at Jeff Gordon he lacks one win from over taking SR's win margin so that shows you that consistence wins championships not winning races....I mean look at Stewart and JR both this year....They was #2 # 3 in points and now JR is 11th If im not mistaken and Stewart is 10th....So a couple of bad races will knock you right out of the championship run.....Thats why Johnson is in the lead bc he is always in the top 5 or top 10...I was reading and I think his average finish is like 6.7 and thats pretty dang good for nascar today
I have respected Stewart since his open wheel days.... People forget how good of an IRL driver he was....
One more incident involving Tony and NASCAR should make him sit at home for a weekend to chill before he kills someone.
venom93 Wrote:One more incident involving Tony and NASCAR should make him sit at home for a weekend to chill before he kills someone.
Nah then NASCAR would suck imo. Things like this give NASCAR fans something to look forward to.
I like him because he's not Gordon
BCF4L Wrote:Nah then NASCAR would suck imo. Things like this give NASCAR fans something to look forward to.

you would be correct my main man....The fans of nascar love the wrecks most of all bc when you go to a nascar event when someone wrecks EVERYONE stands up and cheers no matter who it is and IF its Gordon everyone goes WILD they love it