•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
irs targets conservative voting groups
TheRealVille Wrote:Does that make gridlock ok? Hoot wants Washington gridlock. Is that American, or treasonous? That little statement verified he is the POS I always knew he was.

At this point President Obama is reminding me of a basketball coach I once knew. It was always the players fault and never his after a loss. He NEVER took responsibility for a loss, always saying things like "I can't defend for them" or "I'm not shooting the shots". His coaching career was short lived and unfortunately, Obama's (take no responsibility) position is painfully gonna last three and a half more years.

It is my opinion that by not giving an inch on his liberal policies while at no time giving conservative "Americans" the time of day, he owns more of the gridlock than anyone.

America is bigger than Obama, gridlocking him will have no bearing on her future.
More bad news for Obama and his gang of thugs. I hope that Ms. Lerner has taken proper security precaution until Congress compels her to testify.

[INDENT]
Quote:Top IRS official will invoke the Fifth Amendment in congressional hearing about tea party targeting program

The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday afternoon that Lois Lerner, who heads up the Internal Revenue Service's tax-exempt division, plans to invoke the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in a hearing Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Affairs.

The Fifth Amendment provides that U.S. citizens may not be compelled to offer testimony if telling the truth would incriminate them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2TydMQT4E
[/INDENT]
beat me 2 it hoot
the other big thing going on is with cbs news
lady covering benghazi had similar problem 2 fox reporter who was stalked by doj
Hoot Gibson Wrote:More bad news for Obama and his gang of thugs. I hope that Ms. Lerner has taken proper security precaution until Congress compels her to testify.
She did just that

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service official at the center of the storm over the agency’s targeting of conservative groups has told Congress she did nothing wrong and has invoked her constitutional right to not answer lawmakers’ questions.
Lois Lerner, who heads the office that decides whether groups qualify for tax exemptions, invoked her Fifth Amendment right against incriminating herself on Wednesday. She did so as a witness before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which was holding a hearing on the IRS’s inappropriate treatment of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.
Before refusing to answer questions, Lerner told the panel that she has done nothing wrong, broke no laws and has provided no false information to lawmakers.
Lerner revealed the agency’s targeting two weeks ago and apologized for the actions.
Can you read something into this?
Issa's committee is calling Lerner back. As Harry said, it looks like Issa screwed up. Lerner will either land in jail or she will eventually testify. As far as I know, Lerner is not part of Obama's inner circle of Chicago thugs. If she was following orders, then there is a pretty good chance that she will be granted immunity in exchange for her testimony.
Seems like all kinds of folks are being targeted by this administration and for issues that don't have a thing to do with tax exempt status. Multimillionaire businessman Frank Vandersloot had the gall to make a million dollar donation to the Romney campaign and was subjected to a full on onslaught by the IRS.

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL -
"The president, as usual, acts as if all of this is totally unconnected to him. He’s shocked, it’s unacceptable, he’ll get to the bottom of it. He read about it in the papers, just like you.

But he is not unconnected, he is not a bystander. This is his administration. Those are his executive agencies. He runs the IRS and the Justice Department.

A president sets a mood, a tone. He establishes an atmosphere. If he is arrogant, arrogance spreads. If he is too partisan, too disrespecting of political adversaries, that spreads too.

The Journal’s Kim Strassel reported an Idaho businessman named Frank VanderSloot, who’d donated more than a million dollars to groups supporting Mitt Romney. He found himself last June, for the first time in 30 years, the target of IRS auditors. His wife and his business were also soon audited."
http://stream.wsj.com/story/campaign-201...-2-234140/

The IRS will be largely responsible to administrate ObamaCare in this land. After the recent revelations of targeting and abuse of power, can anyone truly say they trust them to keep our private information safe and not to amass a citizen data base to end all data bases? I know I don't. It's too easy to blame some low level employee who got too zealous to help out his political party. Frankly, I fully expect Anti Christ to use this information to enforce his global reign of terror one day soon. In the end, it is just too big a stretch to ask people to believe that the administration is just as much a victim of this targeting, that they didn't know a thing about it and that they learned about it all at the same time and in the same manner we regular folks did.

FWIW, the article I provided the link for is well worth the read.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The corruption that has been running rampant within the IRS is not confined to that agency and these kind of practices have been common within the federal government for many years.

However, Lois Lerner could be the poster girl...hag for the corrupt politicization of the federal government. I watched an interview of Al Salvi this morning and his story should scare every American citizen. Lois Lerner and Dick Durbin should be wasting away in jail cells somewhere.

If any of you left wing partisan hacks think that I am saying this problem begins and ends with Democrats, I recall the same type of tactics being employed by MSHA during the administration of George H. W. Bush. This is a symptom of big, oppressive governments everywhere. When the government has access to unlimited funds and an unlimited supply of lawyers, innocent people will be victimized by those in power. The fact that it is extremely difficult to fire people like Lois Lerner or to defeat corrupt politicians like Dick Durbin or John McCain in a Senate election ensures that these practices will continue to spread, regardless of the outcome of the current investigations.

Incidentally, Mr. Salvi won his case against the FEC. After he won, an FEC official told him that , "We never lose a case. You will be hearing from us again," according to Salvi.

[INDENT]
Quote:LERNER INTRIGUE GOES BACK TO '96 DURBIN/SALVI U.S. SENATE RACE

CHICAGO - The IRS scandal may have its roots in Illinois politics. Specifically, the 1996 U.S. Senate race between Democrat Congressman Dick Durbin and conservative Republican State Rep. Al Salvi.

More than a decade before his 2010 letter to IRS officials urging the agency to target conservative organizations, U.S. Senator Dick Durbin's political career crossed paths with Ms. Lerner when she was head of the Enforcement Division of the Federal Election Commission (FEC), and directly involved in the 1996 Illinois U.S. Senate race.

Soon after the IRS story broke, Al Salvi told Illinois Review that it was IRS official Lois Lerner who represented the FEC in the 1996 Democrat complaint against him. According to Salvi, Lerner was, without question, politically motivated, and went so far as to make him an offer: "Promise me you will never run for office again, and we'll drop this case."

Salvi declined her offer. In fact he ran for Illinois Secretary of State in 1998.

But when he saw Lerner plead the Fifth Amendment before Congress last week, he recognized her. "That's the woman," Salvi said. "And I didn't plead the Fifth like she did."
[/INDENT]
TheRealVille Wrote:http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/27/...s-scandal/

I heard about this already. It is merely an attempt to divert attention from the truth while creating yet another smoke screen which has about as much merit as the political commercial launched by the same people denouncing Mitt Romney for killing an ironworker's wife with cancer. Put in other terms, it's the Pee Wee Herman "I know you are but what am I?" ploy.

Nobody can produce any documentation, just more false accusations.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:More bad news for Obama and his gang of thugs. I hope that Ms. Lerner has taken proper security precaution until Congress compels her to testify.

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

Surely there has to been something written into the law somewhere, that would compel those in public service to testify when asked. I mean cutting to the chase here, if taking the 5th is truly a legal fallback for all public officials and employees, how could congress or any authority for that matter, ever charge them with anything? That in and of itself, would provide a kind of immunity from prosecution, would it not? No matter how grievous the offense, they could just sit there before congress and stare as if looking at something off in the distance ala James Holmes. Further, I could imagine even the likes of the US Attorney General, thumbing his nose at congress. And, every time they ask for something from him, he could just stonewall supposedly the most formidable body ever assembled, the Congress of the United States of America, lol.

We see how well refusing to respond to the public of which, government officials are beholden, really works. Fast and Furious, the Benghazi scandals, the IRS scandal, the NSA info gathering scandal, the rigged presidential debate scandal. These folks' bond is their oath of office, it follows then that we should ask the question. What can we really do to keep those in high office in line who, blatantly refuse to submit to the authority under which they were sworn into office? To me, no public official should be able to defy the congress by not answering truthfully any and all questions put to them, under pain of incarceration. We elect these folks to go to DC to do our business, not propagate their own personal political and philosophical agendas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am a partisan. However, the longer this goes on the less confidence I have in Darrell Issa. If we ever want the truth, it would be best for Trey Gowdy to run the investigation. Issa's business degree from Kent State won't get it done.

Issa's lack of a legal background is becoming more and more obvious every day. Gowdy, on the other hand, is a seasoned prosecutor whose no nonsense demeanor commands respect.

I will be the first to admit that we have too many lawyers in Washington. However, in this investigation, the leadership of a seasoned prosecutor is needed to get the job done. And that is Trey Gowdy and not Darrell Issa.
I have much more faith in Issa than I do Boehner. Boehner will end up twisting enough arms to get some so-called immigration bill out of the House, probably a pretty tough one too, and then despite his pledge to the contrary will allow Republicans to vote their conscience on the bill that emerges from the conference with the Senate. The House should not even be considering an immigration bill.

The many scandals, while major and probably rooted in impeachable offenses, are nothing but a sideshow no matter who runs the House committees. We are being sold out by the Republican Party and once the immigration bill is passed, nothing else will much matter. Obamacare combined with the open borders that Democrats and the RINOS want are a yoke ready to be thrown around the collective necks of American citizens.

Individual liberty is under assault from so many directions and in such rapid-fire succession, it is almost impossible for those of us who are not apathetic to keep track of them all.
I dont think the immigration bill will make it through the house.
Eventually something will happen, i just dont feel it this time.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have much more faith in Issa than I do Boehner. Boehner will end up twisting enough arms to get some so-called immigration bill out of the House, probably a pretty tough one too, and then despite his pledge to the contrary will allow Republicans to vote their conscience on the bill that emerges from the conference with the Senate. The House should not even be considering an immigration bill.

The many scandals, while major and probably rooted in impeachable offenses, are nothing but a sideshow no matter who runs the House committees. We are being sold out by the Republican Party and once the immigration bill is passed, nothing else will much matter. Obamacare combined with the open borders that Democrats and the RINOS want are a yoke ready to be thrown around the collective necks of American citizens.

Individual liberty is under assault from so many directions and in such rapid-fire succession, it is almost impossible for those of us who are not apathetic to keep track of them all.

I agree. I have less faith in Boehner than in Issa. Gowdy of South Carolina and Jordan of Ohio are our only effective members on the committee.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont think the immigration bill will make it through the house.
Eventually something will happen, i just dont feel it this time.
I hope you are right but I don't believe that you are. If Boehner allows a relatively tough bill to come up for a vote in the House, there will be a lot of pressure on Republicans to vote for it because of the 2014 elections. No Republican will want to vote against a get tough immigration reform bill.

If Boehner did not intend to pass a bill, then he would be using every tool at his disposal to make sure that a good bill was not even brought to a vote. If two bills go to conference, then we are screwed again because a majority of the House (including a minority of Republicans) will be eager to vote for whatever bill emerges from the conference. At that point, only the cowardly Boehner will stand between conservatives and tens of millions of new Mexican-American citizens. Boehner has shown no backbone against Obamacare and the rest of Obama's left wing agenda and I just don't see him growing one now.
^
Well said.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)