•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
irs targets conservative voting groups
Wildcatk23 Wrote:"If in fact IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that's outrageous. And there's no place for it," Obama told reporters.

"And they have to be held fully accountable. Because the IRS as an independent agency requires absolute integrity, and people have to have confidence that they're ... applying the laws in a nonpartisan way."
At the same time I was posting the same thing. :Thumbs: I love how these guys call the IRS part of Obama's administration. It isn't part of any administration, and will have to be investigated as such, just like any other private business that handles government things would be investigated.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Great find, WM! I had already read about the family ties but only a picture does justice to the incestuous relationship between the Obama administration and the mainstream media.

and now we have this
nobody in the media is questioning her being engaged 2 a high profile liberal democrat

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reli...e-engaged/
WideMiddle03 Wrote:and now we have this
nobody in the media is questioning her being engaged 2 a high profile liberal democrat

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reli...e-engaged/
You have striking similarities with a commenter at that link, DougyR.
I wasn't on BGR then, but did any of the "right" here(not necessarily here, but in general) bash the Bush administration in 2006 when the NAACP accused the IRS of the exact same thing?
I heard NBC news on the radio today report that "it is limited to Ohio employees." The Cincinnati Service Center handles applications. What lying scumbags at NBC. And the majority of Americans are so ignorant they buy it.
We make fun of other countries but the truth is Americans are some of the most ignorant people on the planet.
TheRealVille Wrote:At the same time I was posting the same thing. :Thumbs: I love how these guys call the IRS part of Obama's administration. It isn't part of any administration, and will have to be investigated as such, just like any other private business that handles government things would be investigated.

So you're saying it's mere coincidence that they're going after republicans and conservative orgs with certain catch words like 'Tea Party' in their name, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:You have striking similarities with a commenter at that link, DougyR.

:biglmao: duck dodge dip and dive

what have you ever posted thats not copied from a link
TheRealThing Wrote:So you're saying it's mere coincidence that they're going after republicans and conservative orgs with certain catch words like 'Tea Party' in their name, right?
No, I'm saying that they are a private business, and if they are going after such groups, it might be that they have people that are liberal leaning that got caught doing bad things, and that it doesn't have to be the administration that ordered it. Did you bitch about it in 2006 when they were going after the NAACP? Obama made it very clear this morning that people should be held accountable for this. The IRS is a private entity and just like any other business can have crooked people of both faiths. One thing is for sure, "heads need to roll" on this.
jetpilot Wrote:I heard NBC news on the radio today report that "it is limited to Ohio employees." The Cincinnati Service Center handles applications. What lying scumbags at NBC. And the majority of Americans are so ignorant they buy it.
We make fun of other countries but the truth is Americans are some of the most ignorant people on the planet.
That is where the employees that did it were based out of.
TheRealVille Wrote:The Intelligence Committee report says he did. Go for it.

Here's what I think. If the US just sits on their hands ala Iran and North Korea, they become nuclear. And, in rather short order. On the other hand, if we take them on in a meaningful military strategy, we become fodder for liberal propaganda methods. Iran had used WMD's. We found a lot of them and destroyed them. Saddam was trying to pull the same dodge that Iran and North Korea have used with such success. UN resolutions were just things for him to laugh at just like the Kim Jongs have done.

So, if we go after somebody the liberals are going to slam the daylights out of those who do it. And if we don't go after them they're going to go nuclear, run their mouth on the international stage about it, and liberals will play like it doesn't mean anything special.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:That is where the employees that did it were based out of.

The NBC spin went right over your head. That's why you are a Democrat, you are easily fooled.
jetpilot Wrote:The NBC spin went right over your head. That's why you are a Democrat, you are easily fooled.
They didn't say it was limited to Ohio. But, the Cincinnati office are the ones that handle that particular application process.

Quote:In January 2010, a Supreme Court decision known as Citizens United touched off a flood of political spending, much of it classified under a section of tax law known as 501©4 that entitles certain “social welfare” groups to tax exemption.
Two months later, a special unit of the IRS in Cincinnati assigned to screen applications for 501©4 status began searching for groups with descriptions that included “Tea Party” and “Patriots,” according to a partial draft of the inspector general’s report obtained by NBC News.
Lois Lerner, head of the IRS division on tax-exempt organizations, said Friday that the targeting of conservative groups was “inappropriate” but “absolutely not” influenced by the White House. She also said that none of the targeted groups was denied tax-exempt status.
What has not been spelled out is who in the Cincinnati office decided to search for conservative groups and why.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/...roups?lite
^I misspoke when I said Iran had used WMD's, obviously I meant to say Iraq had used them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:They didn't say it was limited to Ohio. But, the Cincinnati office are the ones that handle that particular application process.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/...roups?lite

"Senior Internal Revenue Service officials knew agents were targeting tea party groups as early as 2011, according to a draft of an inspector general's report obtained by The Associated Press that seemingly contradicts public statements by the IRS commissioner."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkouk...1-n1593154
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You have no proof that Bush lied, all you have is an opinion. As far as you gladly admitting that you are wrong about anything...:biglmao:

1 ? where are the at
TheRealThing Wrote:"Senior Internal Revenue Service officials knew agents were targeting tea party groups as early as 2011, according to a draft of an inspector general's report obtained by The Associated Press that seemingly contradicts public statements by the IRS commissioner."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkouk...1-n1593154
Your point? Senior officials from where? The Cincinnati office? Does any of this make it an "administration" thing? Nixon was caught on tape using the IRS for political gain, let us know when this happens in this case. You never did answer my question. Did you bitch when the IRS was doing the same exact thing in 2004-2006, to the NAACP? Was it an "administration" thing back then? Obama has stated "heads should roll". What more can he do?
nky Wrote:Democrats voted for the war as well:biglmao:

Give what was know at the time it was the right thing to do -Hindsight is 20-20

democrats voted for the war but bush was the 1 who made the intel about the WMDS there was NONE the worst mistake in the history of the united states period
TheRealVille Wrote:http://www.politicususa.com/bush-aides-9...s-911.html

they ain't gonna like that it's not FAUX
nky Wrote:both sides a culpable in the events of Iraq yet you only have blame for one side. Both sides of the isle saw the data, saw the intel, used the same UN sanctions.
Yet it's Bush's fault.

it's bushs intel he made it up
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You have no proof that Bush lied, all you have is an opinion. As far as you gladly admitting that you are wrong about anything...:biglmao:
Read the Senate Intelligence Committee report, and it's conclusions.
http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/press...?id=298775
http://www.politicususa.com/bush-aides-9...s-911.html
jetpilot Wrote:The NBC spin went right over your head. That's why you are a Democrat, you are easily fooled.

and you thought Romney would win :biglmao:
TheRealThing Wrote:^I misspoke when I said Iran had used WMD's, obviously I meant to say Iraq had used them.

you do that alot
[YOUTUBE="Obama IRS"]3jjDsGr92to[/YOUTUBE]
vector Wrote:you do that alot

Say listen. You're getting a big backlog of work piled up on here. RV has made a large number of posts that you haven't liked yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Say listen. You're getting a big backlog of work piled up on here. RV has made a large number of posts that you haven't liked yet.

as you guys say were clones Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:Your point? Senior officials from where? The Cincinnati office? Does any of this make it an "administration" thing? Nixon was caught on tape using the IRS for political gain, let us know when this happens in this case. You never did answer my question. Did you bitch when the IRS was doing the same exact thing in 2004-2006, to the NAACP? Was it an "administration" thing back then? Obama has stated "heads should roll". What more can he do?

My point is that low level employees do what they're told. Further, you can't dodge the obvious, conservative groups are being targeted. And finally, in each case of presidential abuse of power that you have brought up, there is the inference that the administration was pulling strings there at the IRS. Using them to punish people. I heard the media making similar claims during the Clinton administration on several occasions. Likely it has happened in times past. But you guys always try to act like claims of bias against conservatives by those in the media and government circles are delusional. And besides, now that the genie is out, what else could he do but condemn such illegal activities by our own government?

Frankly, I'm just glad to see the news media doing their jobs for a change and the interest of the American public reviving to some extent. It's called accountability and it should apply across the board.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Can I let you in on a little secret? The IRS is not part of any administration, it is a private entity.
Who filled you in on this little secret? :Clap::Clap:

The IRS is part of the Treasury Department and reports to the Secretary of the Treasury. Do you know who nominates the Treasury Secretary and to whom he reports? A private entity? :biglmao:

Nixon deployed the IRS against political enemies and there were reports that LBJ did as well. FDR was probably the first president to employ this particular flavor of abuse of power.
vector Wrote:1 ? where are the at
What language be this?
TheRealThing Wrote:Say listen. You're getting a big backlog of work piled up on here. RV has made a large number of posts that you haven't liked yet.
:Thumbs: Confusednicker:
TheRealThing Wrote:My point is that low level employees do what they're told. Further, you can't dodge the obvious, conservative groups are being targeted. And finally, in each case of presidential abuse of power that you have brought up, there is the inference that the administration was pulling strings there at the IRS. Using them to punish people. I heard the media making similar claims during the Clinton administration on several occasions. Likely it has happened in times past. But you guys always try to act like claims of bias against conservatives by those in the media and government circles are delusional. And besides, now that the genie is out, what else could he do but condemn such illegal activities by our own government?

Frankly, I'm just glad to see the news media doing their jobs for a change and the interest of the American public reviving to some extent. It's called accountability and it should apply across the board.
I see you still dodge the NAACP/Bush question. Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next