Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE vs. TNA PPV??
Less than 0% that will happen...

The way I'd look at it...all gain and no loss for TNA, all loss and no gain for WWE.
Snooze.... The problem with TNA, is that they have to make people think about them as a "Major Player". The only way they can do that is to associate there brand with WWE's brand, so, they will do all the cheap plugs that they can do. Guess what WWE will do? NOTHING. You will not even hear the WWE acknowledge that there is a TNA! So NO WAY IN HELL this would ever happen.
TNA is the better product for the past couple years WWE became to much of Disney channel
^ WWF/E became the Disney Channel in 1984, nothing they are doing now is new. Let's not look back to the Attitude era without remembering The Boogeyman, The Godfather, Gilberg and Too Sexy.

This has been the WWE since Hogan and the takeover of wrestling, yet it's the top promotion in the World and the only one to survive, that being that they are giving the fans what they want!
SD, I know your a genius when it comes to this stuff but no one wants to see Cena get the title handed to him all the time.

This PG crap is really really stupid...Way too predictable

The best thing that WWE has going for them is The Shield...that's pretty much it! Orton needs to turn heel and he will turn heel before SUMMERSLAM. Believe That!!
Quote:SD, I know your a genius when it comes to this stuff but no one wants to see Cena get the title handed to him all the time.

Who doesn't? I would beg to differ and would say that the WWE's primary revenue source differs! The THOUSANDS of Cena Tee Shirts in the crowd, or those who are keeping PPV buy rates at the levels they are that dictates who is the top guy. Not us guys who chat about it on the internet and steal the PPV from overseas! Would you disagree with that?

It's a business! I'm not a huge fan of McDonalds Fries, but I love their McChicken sandwich! I prefer Wendy's Fries! I am POSITIVE that I am in the minority about the Fries, so just because I prefer the way Wendy's makes their Fry's and wish that I would get the Wendy's style Fry with my McChicken, do you think there is any chance that McDonalds is going to change to appease the minority OR the majority????

It's about preference! I actually LOVE the John Cena gimmick! Since when do people get upset about John Cena being GIVEN the title. Wrestling is a work, so isn't everyone given the title????
Stardust Wrote:Who doesn't? I would beg to differ and would say that the WWE's primary revenue source differs! The THOUSANDS of Cena Tee Shirts in the crowd, or those who are keeping PPV buy rates at the levels they are that dictates who is the top guy. Not us guys who chat about it on the internet and steal the PPV from overseas! Would you disagree with that?

It's a business! I'm not a huge fan of McDonalds Fries, but I love their McChicken sandwich! I prefer Wendy's Fries! I am POSITIVE that I am in the minority about the Fries, so just because I prefer the way Wendy's makes their Fry's and wish that I would get the Wendy's style Fry with my McChicken, do you think there is any chance that McDonalds is going to change to appease the minority OR the majority????

It's about preference! I actually LOVE the John Cena gimmick! Since when do people get upset about John Cena being GIVEN the title. Wrestling is a work, so isn't everyone given the title????

Don't get me wrong he is a very big money drawer but a lot of people, not just me complain about him.

No one is gonna change anything. Why would they change something that's working for them? No one said they had to change just people doesn't like Cena

you don't see Miz, Orton, Big Show, Sheamus, Kane, Daniel Bryan, ADR, Mark Henry, Brock Lesnar or any other wrestler getting titles handed to them on a silver platter like they do with Cena. Cena could miss a year or two years come back and boom he would already be getting a title shot. It's ridiculous.

I don't know if you pay attention to the real world or not but they are a lot of people that can't stand it and can't stand WWE and yes right now TNA is going better than WWE. Ask any WWE fan....Not too long ago people were talking about how TNA was better than WWE...WWE fans at that.
^ LOL, seriously SoK, I'm looking at it in the REAL WORLD!

You see, I look at the MLB, NBA, and NFL as competition where championships are decided by the field of play. The team that makes the most money, is not the champion every year. The team that the fans adore is not the champion all the time. The team that the fans hate is not always the champion. But, it's legitimate and real world competition that draws in millions of dollars based on the level of competition!

On the other hand, the WWE my friend, is television programming! In the real world Television programming, they do not care about the FEW, especially the few who do NOT buy their tee shirts and who steal their PPV's. Sorry SoK, those are not the fans of the WWE, or should I say, the fans that the WWE gives a flying crap about!

In the world of Television, Jerry Seinfeld was the sole reason Seinfeld was popular and made the network BILLIONS of dollars! I could honestly say that I have NEVER watched an episode of Seinfeld from beginning to end. I did not like it. But guess what, the network did not care if I liked it or not. The ratings and revenue generated dictated that what they were doing was right! Did Seinfeld lose some of their ardent fans as the years went by, and the storylines began to repeat themselves, thus having a minority that no longer liked the product? Sure they did, but did that change the opinions of those who loved the show? Nope, they would still be watching it today as long as Jerry wanted to do the show. So, we got to Jerry himself.

So SoK, the real world of network television is all about the Benjamin's. If you and the few friends that you have who no longer like the product migrate over to the minor league TNA, then the WWE could care less. People have been saying they HATE the WWE product for as long as I can remember. They hated it because it was too cartoonish, too PG, too Violent, no wrestling and too much talk, too lewd - so, hearing that a few people are repeating history of hating the WWE product is just a cycle. You can leave, and will eventually even step away from interest (just like I have on a few occasions in the past), but the WWE is the only product that will survive the test of time. But, they are not going to change!

If there were so many WWE fans that liked TNA, then why did it NOT show in buyrate, revenue, of TV ratings????? People may hate the direction of the WWE, but no one is leaving. As a matter of fact, people hate John Cena so bad, they are packing WWE arena's to boo him.... Hmmm, that should tell you something......
Wrestling is different from MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL. Those sports do have champions but they just don't go around handing out championships to the same teams over and over like WWE does with Cena, granted it's been over a year since Cena had the title..but I have seen him come back from injury and automatically get a title shot. How many title shots did he get during CM Punk's 400 and something days as champion? Way too many.

I never watched Seinfield

I didn't say I was the one that didn't like like WWE, I said I hated that Cena gets everything handed to him on a silver platter. Did Undertaker, Stone Cold, Dusty Rhodes, Hulk Hogan, Sting, Andre The Giant and many other top superstars over the years, get everything handed to them on a silver platter like Cena? No. Granted Ric Flaiir is 16 time world Champ and exactly how long did he wrestle? Cena has already been champion 10 times and he's been with WWE what? 10 years? And has many years left in him. That should tell you something.

As for me and my friends thing you just said, well your wrong again, I never once said I hated WWE I said I hated that they treat Cena like they do and the people that were saying that TNA was better was on a WWE fan page!

Since you know so much about the buyrates, t-shirts, merchandise, etc. etc. for both WWE and TNA please post them because I sure would love to see them!!!!
LOL SoK, you are so naive and can't make shit out of nothing when you get challenged.
Your wrong again. Someone asks you to post something and you can't!!! I'm not the one who claims to know everything about wrestling like you do
  • TV Ratings

• 2013 Ratings
  • Date Raw Impact Smackdown
  • Jan. 3-4 - 1.14 1.8
  • Jan. 7-11 3.1 1.02 2.2
  • Jan. 14-18 3.19 1.15 2.03
  • Jan. 21-25 3.0 1.17 2.03
  • 1/28 – 2/1 3.67 1.16 2.03
  • Feb. 4-8 3.54 1.03 2.16
  • Feb. 11-15 3.15 1.0 1.96
  • Feb. 18-22 3.28 1.02 2.03
  • 2/25 – 3/1 3.46 1.14 1.96
  • March 4-8 3.52 1.13 2.09
  • March 11-15 3.34 1.1 1.82
  • March 18-22 3.08 1.07 2.11
  • March 25-28 3.21 1.03 2.0
  • April 1-5 3.1 1.1 1.83
  • April 8-12 3.43 0.93 1.91
  • April 15-19 3.07 0.97 1.92
  • April 22-26 3.13 1.0 1.96
  • 4/29 – 5/3 3.06 0.94 1.82
What websites do you go to view them?

1. 2012 PPV Figures
  2. PPV Site Att. PPV buys
  3. 1/8 TNA Genesis Orlando, FL 1,100 6000
  4. 1/29 Royal Rumble St. Louis, MO 18,121 443,000
  5. 2/12 Against All Odds (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100 8000
  6. 2/19 Elimination Chamber Milwaukee, WI 15,306 178,000
  7. 3/18 Victory Road (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100 7,000
  8. 4/1 Wrestlemania 28 Miami, FL 78,363 1,253,000
  9. 4/15 Lockdown (TNA) Nashville, TN 1,100 17,000
  10. 4/29 Extreme Rules Chicago, IL 14,817 263,000
  11. 5/13 Sacrifice (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100 6,000
  12. 6/10 Slammiversary (TNA) Arlington, TX 5,500 15,000
  13. 6/17 No Way Out East Rutherford, NJ 14,147 194,000
  14. 7/8 Destination X (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100 5,000
  15. 7/15 Money in the Bank Phoenix, AZ 9,000 188,000
  16. 7/21 UFC 149 Calgary, Alberta 16,089 235,000
  17. 8/12 Hard Justice (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100
  18. 8/19 Summerslam Los Angeles, CA 17,482 358,000
  19. 8/11 UFC 150 Denver, CO 15,008 190,000
  20. 9/9 No Surrender (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100
  21. 9/15 ROH Death Before Dishonor Chicago Ridge, IL
  22. 9/16 Night of Champions Boston, MA 14,886 189,000
  23. 9/22 UFC 152 Toronto, Ont 16,800 450,000
  24. 10/13 ROH Glory By Honor XI Mississauga, Ont 900 1,500
  25. 10/13 UFC 153 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 16,844 410,000
  26. 10/14 Bound for Glory (TNA) Phoenix, AZ 2,900 20,000
  27. 10/28 Hell in a Cell Atlanta, GA 10,000 199,000
  28. 11/17 UFC 154 Montreal, Que 17,249
  29. 11/11 Turning Point (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100 11,000
  30. 11/18 Survivor Series Phoenix, AZ 12,900 208,000
  31. 12/9 Final Resolution (TNA) Orlando, FL 1,100 11,000
  32. 12/16 TLC Brooklyn, NY 15,748 175,000
  33. 12/16 Final Battle (ROH) NYC, NY 1,400
  34. 12/29 UFC 155 Las Vegas, NV 12,423
below are approximate attendance figures for TNA Impact Wrestling house shows for the month of April

April 5 Westbury New York 1,500 fans
April 20 Rouses Point, New York: 400 fans.
April 21 in Barre, Vermont: 550 fans
April 26 Erie Pennsylvanian 800 fans

Not a lot of merchandise being sold for the privately held company with dismal attendance
Listen, I like Stardust about as much as I like toothaches, but he's right here. The reason Cena gets it 'handed' to him like so many others never did is because the era WWE is at currently lacks star power. There was 500,000 Stone Cold fans then 500,000 Rock fans and 500,000 Triple H fans. Now there's just 1.5 million Cena fans, if that makes sense? He's the top draw and no one is close... he's pretty much carried the company on his back for a few years. Like him or not. You might like the other guys like the Shield and Punk, but you can't deny Cena's popularity.

And Stardust is 1000% that people pack arenas to boo him. Ever notice the Yankees sell out away games? Same story.
He is right WWE is making $$$ but what I'm trying to say is it's getting boring watching the same thing over and over and over. WWE has went from Predictable to way too predictable
Stardust Wrote:below are approximate attendance figures for TNA Impact Wrestling house shows for the month of April

April 5 Westbury New York 1,500 fans
April 20 Rouses Point, New York: 400 fans.
April 21 in Barre, Vermont: 550 fans
April 26 Erie Pennsylvanian 800 fans

Not a lot of merchandise being sold for the privately held company with dismal attendance

How does a company stay in business with numbers like that?
Hell, they sale more tickets than that when they come to Corbin every year.

Is it solely alive because of television deals and ads?
^ AND - Dixie Carter's parents money!!! Panda Energy has been sinking Millions of dollars into this venture, only to make thousands. We are seeing a repeat of when AOL/Time Warner took on WCW. Eventually Time Warner made the decision that having a tax right off was no longer good business. TNA's business has been terrible. Going on the road was an attempt to grow their market. Instead, attendance numbers continue to plummet. Bubb the Love Sponge said on his raidio broadcast earlier this week that TNA gave away every ticket not in the first five rows, to the Sun Dome event that was on last weeks Impact. That is in Hulk's hometown.
I've tried to watch TNT, but IMO it sucks. I tried to watch it this week and of course daddy's girl was on there. I absolutely loath Brook Hogan. Her acting is worse than her singing.