Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th regional championship
Magoffin co.-16
Johnson Central-5

15th regional championship final
Watched the game-if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. Probably 6 errors combined with short hits to the outfield to give Magoffin a 10 run rule. Johnson Central changed pitchers 3 times instead of pulling in the outfield.
Just like the boys, a great season ends with a disappointing, premature thud. Sigh.
Great win for Magoffin country, bad ending for Johnson Central .
I was there tonight as well. Magoffin had to play good defense, and they did. They looked like the team I saw play early in the season. Congrats to Coach McCoy and his staff. Great job! Also congrats to Alyssa Kennard for being named tournament MVP, Kia Bolen, Jazzy Howard, and Hannah Skaggs for being named to the all tournament team. Good luck in Owensboro next week.
WOW!! Nice job Magoffin...I think you girls have earned a little bragging rights...You beat Lawrence and Johnson Central after they thumped you pretty good...I love my Eagles but you guys put it to them tonight!! Congrats and good luck with Ashland... I think you can play with them, maybe even beat them if you play like you all did tonight...again, hats off to you all.
1.Magoffn County
2.Johnson Central
3. East Ridge
4.Lawrence County
5.Paintsville
6.Shelby Valley
7. Belfry
8.Pikeville
9.Betsy Layne
10.Pike County Central
11.South Floyd
12.Phelps
13.Prestonsburg
14.Allen Central
15. Sheldon Clark
:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
pugsley79 Wrote:1.Magoffn County
2.Johnson Central
3. East Ridge
4.Lawrence County
5.Paintsville
6.Shelby Valley
7. Belfry
8.Pikeville
9.Betsy Layne
10.Pike County Central
11.South Floyd
12.Phelps
13.Prestonsburg
14.Allen Central
15. Sheldon Clark
:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

HUH???
How do you rank Pikeville below Belfry and Shelby Valley? Not only did they have big wins over Valley and ER to win the 59th they also were the only team that Magoffin didnt mercy in the regional tourney.

Congrats to Magoffin. They played well and hit the ball better than anyone. If they play the way they did against JC they I think they can hang in with Ashland.
Good Luck at State!!
Sure wished I would have came to this game. Really didnt think this would be the result. Congrats to a fine group of girls. They have a hard road ahead of them but they should do really well at State. Congrats again
Congrats to Magoffin Co. Hope they play and represent the 15th as well as they did at the "All A" tournament.
Pore ole Central. Why is it they almost always have the most talent in the region in all sports but they're constantly trailing other area schools in coaching? Congrats Coach McCoy!