Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 3 North Laruel 0 Final
Congrats Blackcats.

They will now face Mercer County (28-9) Wednesday at 6pm.

Good luck Blackcats.
Trey Stapleton pitched a complete game shutout. Struck out 9 batters I believe.

Best game they've played all season!

Hats off to Marcus Carson, he pretty much kept NL in this game early, but Pburg batters frustrated him in the 7th and he walked 5 batters and walked in 2 runs.

Congrats Blackcats!!!
Way to rep the 15th.
Merged the two threads.

Congrats Blackcats!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Trey Stapleton pitched a complete game shutout. Struck out 9 batters I believe.

Best game they've played all season!

Hats off to Marcus Carson, he pretty much kept NL in this game early, but Pburg batters frustrated him in the 7th and he walked 5 batters and walked in 2 runs.

Congrats Blackcats!!!

That is correct BlackcatAlum. 9 stikeouts and 1 walk.
Congrats Blackcats. Great game by two outstanding teams.
Congrats Pburg.Way to represent!!
Hats Off to Prestonburg! Great Game!!!
Congrats Pburg. You can win the whole thing if you believe in yourselves. Now get it done.
Great win love to see a mountain school win.. good luck!
Congrats PBurg!!!!

I love it any time the 15th picks up wins at the State Tourny !!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Way to go P-burg congrats on a great win in state, keep rolling and representing 15th.
Thought the key play was Mallory grounding into a double play with the bases loaded in the fourth. Stapleton pitched a man's game for P'burg, we had been red-hot and he held us to only four hits, made us look bad at the plate on numerous occasions. Could have been worse, P'burg had 8 hits in the first three innings but only got one run, mainly because our catcher, Ethan Maxey, is tremendous defensively and picked off two runners in that stretch. As for overlooking P'burg, we were not good enough to overlook anybody. We didn't throw Hurley, our number one, because he threw seven Thursday in the regional final. Carson is not a 7-inning pitcher, as you saw. I thought we should have thrown Mallory, our number two, but you know what? We could have thrown Justin Verlander and if we don't score we still get beat. A good year for our guys and with seven sophomores or younger in the starting lineup we have a real shot at getting back in the few years. But P'burg was the better team today, and best of luck to them against Mercer Co.
^^
Classy Van Hagar!

Good luck Blackcats!!!
Prestonsburg's pitcher had the North Laurel hitters off balance the entire game. I thought that NL was too impatient at the plate, swinging at way too many pitches well out of the strike zone, but then again give credit to the pitcher for pitching a smart game.
Their last at bat, the leadoff hitter had an 2-0 count and swung at a pitch off the plate and flew out to right field, while I'm not much on looking for walks, I was shocked they were not taking until they got a strike in that situation.