Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat - Spurs: NBA Finals
Heat have allowed teams to dictate the pace of games. When that happens, they lose, or, it requires last second heroics. If they learn from last years Spurs/Thunder series, turn this into an up-tempo game. The Thunder sat back and let the Spurs dictate the pace, and found themselves down 0-2. After that, they amped up the game and turned it into a run and shoot style, then won the next four. This is what the Heat have to do.

The Spurs are NOT old! Tim Duncan is playing as well as he has at any point in his career. Tony Parker was second only to Lebron for MVP before getting injured. If Parker can dictate the pace, he will expose the Heat's lack of interior defense. Leonard was picked up for one reason and one reason only - STOP LEBRON, and he is capable of slowing Lebron to the basket.

This is going to be a great series that can easily go seven.
^I agree. But for some reason i have this overwhelmed feeling that the pacers put so much pressure and played so tough that the heat will play every game like they did that game 7. Not letting a oppurtunity slip away. Could be wrong but its the way I feel. I think Bosh and Birdman play amazing this series and the Heat repeat in 6 games. With of course The King as your finals mvp.
San Antonio in 6.
Stardust Wrote:Heat have allowed teams to dictate the pace of games. When that happens, they lose, or, it requires last second heroics. If they learn from last years Spurs/Thunder series, turn this into an up-tempo game. The Thunder sat back and let the Spurs dictate the pace, and found themselves down 0-2. After that, they amped up the game and turned it into a run and shoot style, then won the next four. This is what the Heat have to do.

The Spurs are NOT old! Tim Duncan is playing as well as he has at any point in his career. Tony Parker was second only to Lebron for MVP before getting injured. If Parker can dictate the pace, he will expose the Heat's lack of interior defense. Leonard was picked up for one reason and one reason only - STOP LEBRON, and he is capable of slowing Lebron to the basket.

This is going to be a great series that can easily go seven.

The Spurs as a team are actually younger than the Heat. Your are correct about that, but the Heats trio of stars James 28, Bosh 29, and Wade 31 are much younger than the Spurs trio of Parker 31, Ginobili 35, and Duncan 37.

I'm not saying it will, but it could make a difference in a grueling 7 game series.
Heat in 6
My two most hated teams in the NBA Finals. What a terrible year. Go Spurs. I'd rather LeBron get #2 than Duncan(my most hated player ever) get #5 and tie Kobe.
And by the by, the Spurs are old, their stars at least, and absolutely cannot entertain the population.
Heat sweep the Spurs!
^If they constantly run and move the ball like in game 7 it could happen. I hate when the heat get stagnant because they know they can come back or make a run at will. I like seeing them step on the throat from the get go and never let up.
^Well sadly the Spurs dictated the tempo. Bosh is a 4, that plays the 5, but plays like a 2. I can't stand watching him play.
Tony Parker hit the skankest shot in finals history.
Heat fans, put up your brooms, if there is a sweep, it won't be the Heat doing it. I don't think there is a sweep to happen, both teams too good. Loved the Spurs getting this win, but then again anytime the Heat lose, I smile a bit more the next day.

:Thumbs:
Heat in 4.
Like i said Heat in 6.Tony parker with that last shot completely saved them.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Like i said Heat in 6.Tony parker with that last shot completely saved them.

They was up 2 right? i didnt watch it?

James with 6 points in the second half?
LOL, it's hard to not love Popovich. It was evident last night what the game plan was in the second half last night. Lebron was double and triple teamed the entire half, the Heat's other two did not do their job. The Spurs have ZERO fear of Chris Bosh and his mid-range shot. They played five feet off of him the entire night. If the Spurs are able to continue this type of play, forcing the Heat to beat them from the outside, it's going to be difficult to beat them! I see Lebron posting like he did early in the Pacers series in game 2.
The Heat will win this series if they keep their foot on the gas pedal.

If the game is close in the 4th quarter the Spurs will find ways to win these games.

The Grizzlies series was a sweep but the Grizzlies were there every game until San Antonio put them away.

I still say The Heat end up winning this, but I'm sure that The Heat are aware of what can happen to them if they don't take old man ball seriously.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Like i said Heat in 6.Tony parker with that last shot completely saved them.

It's hard to be saved by a shot when you were ahead before the shot was taken.
Go Spurs.... Tim Duncan is still the man
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:It's hard to be saved by a shot when you were ahead before the shot was taken.

Lol, come on now lebron was going to hit a half court shot with his eyes closed. AND THEN FLOP.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:The Spurs as a team are actually younger than the Heat. Your are correct about that, but the Heats trio of stars James 28, Bosh 29, and Wade 31 are much younger than the Spurs trio of Parker 31, Ginobili 35, and Duncan 37.

I'm not saying it will, but it could make a difference in a grueling 7 game series.

29? Bosh is 85 million years old...
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...XwrKL4Mj-Q]
Lebron scared yet?
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
Spurs in 6
Heat in 5!!

All joking aside, as i stated earlier in the season, the Spurs are the one team that can beat the heat, and i think the Spurs could easily do it.
If the Spurs win game two, its over in San Antonio in 5. If they lose game two, im gonna say Spurs in 7.
I just dont think the Heat have an answer.
Where the Spurs have won game 1, analysts are already starting the debate of who's the greatest player of our generation, Kobe or Duncan? It's still not a debate. KB has been on top of the mountain for a while. And he will win one more before he retires.
^
Kobe sucks ass.
Belfry0304 Wrote:29? Bosh is 85 million years old...
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...XwrKL4Mj-Q]

According to the Heats roster 29 is correct.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Kobe sucks ass.

Yeah man he sure sucks ass with those 5 rings. LeBron is much better with 1, right?
This is going to be a strange series. I would not expect either team to have the kind of run that the Heat had last night. Neither team's big three have played consistently well. Manu has been a no-show since January, but Greene stepped in and fill his shoes nicely last night.
[YOUTUBE="oNaqLMAlIKU"]oNaqLMAlIKU[/YOUTUBE]
baller4lyfe Wrote:Yeah man he sure sucks ass with those 5 rings. LeBron is much better with 1, right?

Reached 20k pts faster and already has more career ast andd rbs. Rings are a team accomplishment. Not sayin lbj is the obvious favorite in the debate but he does own kobe in mvps. Both are great.
CraftCreeker Wrote:Lebron scared yet?

Nope.