Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox one to cost $499
xbox one requires login to xbox live internet every 24 hours or your game could stop working and it doesn't support used games
here is the link to the microsoft e3 press conference

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-press-conference/

after watching both microsoft and sony I will be buying the ps4
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-c...es-6410472

Microsoft today confirmed that it is changing the controversial Xbox One policies as a result of consumer feedback.
[Image: http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/im..._embed.jpg]
"As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One," Microsoft wrote on its blog, adding that past policies are "no longer accurate."
Xbox boss Don Mattrick penned an blog post on the matter titled "Your Feedback matters." In the note, he said Microsoft "believes in the benefits of a connected, digital future," and thanked gamers for their assistance in helping Microsoft "reshape the future of Xbox One."
"You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you," Mattrick said. "Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."
"So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360," he continued.
This means:

An Internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games. After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc-based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24-hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.
Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today. There will be no limitations to using and sharing games; it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console--there will be no regional restrictions.
"We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity," Mattrick said. "While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."
This change is a dramatic reversal of policy for Microsoft, which spent much of last week at E3 discussing with media why its policies were in place to begin with.
I think the xbox one kinect is required for xbox one to function still which seems to make a lot of people mad.
I would have loved to been in the Xbox meeting room the day after E3. I bet the paint peeled off the walls. Microsoft finally did the best thing they could do not to get crushed by the PS4 here, and actually listened to the consumers who were going ape-shit (me being one) over the more draconian rules of the system.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I would have loved to been in the Xbox meeting room the day after E3. I bet the paint peeled off the walls. Microsoft finally did the best thing they could do not to get crushed by the PS4 here, and actually listened to the consumers who were going ape-shit (me being one) over the more draconian rules of the system.
I would say it was ugly in there. I'm thinking someone got :flame:fired or will eventually get fired.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
So what do you all prefer buying? And can someone give me a review of each?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL