Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 14th Region
Letcher County Central (29-11) -- Region Champs:
Lose: Caleb Baker (2B, OF, P), Jordon Short (3B, SS, P)

Return: Dakota Adams (2B, P), Max Hall (1B, 3B, P), Sam Robinson (P, OF), Devin Slone (2B, OF), Stephen Fox (P, C, OF)

Cougars and Coach Bryan Dean will be in the running for another region title. Cougars return all but 2 players from the 2013 regional championship team, one of them however was one of their best pitchers. Letcher County Central shouldn't have a problem making it back to the regional tournament once again.

2013 53rd District Champs, Region Champs

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43239

Hazard (25-10):
Lose: Austin Johnson (IF, P), Jordan Olinger (OF), Nathan Stupart (OF), Evan Whitaker (IF, P)

Return: Kameron Conley (P, IF), J.T. Haynes (IF, P), Josh Meehan (OF), Jacob Roll (P, C, IF), Griffin Wells (P, 1B)

Bulldogs lost to Powell County 6-3 in the first round of the regional tournament. Bulldogs are looking to re-bound and make some noise in the region next year. They will be good but I don't think anything like 2013 but NEVER count out Coach Meehan and his Bulldogs

2013 54th District Champs

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43211

Powell County (21-16) -- Region Runner Up
Lose: DJ Jones, Trey Marcum (IF, P), Ryan Smith (IF), Shawne Woosley (OF)

Return: Billy Hatmaker (3B, P), Steven Skidmore (OF, P), Jacob Hall (IF, P), Kyle Knox (IF)

Pirates were District & Region Runner Ups in 2013. They return just about their entire team in 2014 and will be a very dangerous team for anyone in region. Coach Varney will have his Pirates ready to make a run at another region title or at least a run to make it back to the region championship game.

2013 56th District runner up, region runner up

2014 Schedule: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43302

Estill County (18-10):
Lose: Jantzen Day (OF, P), Mitch Plowman (OF, C), Corey Thomas (P, IF), Jerran Webster (OF)

Return: Jacob Tuttle (P, IF), Wade French (IF, P), Brandon McKinney ©, Cody Portwood (IF, OF), Trent Sparks (IF, P), Zach Withers (P, IF), Austin Brinegar (OF, P)

Engineers are back to back district champions and looking to make it a 3-peat. Engineers are also looking to make it to the state tournament, a place they have never been before (that I know of, I didn't grow up here) and this will be the best chance they have.

2013 56th District Champs

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43183

Lee County (15-13):
Lose: Brant Cornelius (IF, OF), Anthony Bowman (OF), Blake Gabbard, Caleb Gibson (IF, P), James Gilbert, TJ Traylor (IF, C)

Return: Jeff Riley (P), Tristan Fraley (C, IF), Logan Williams (IF, OF, P), Cody Jewell (OF)

Bobcats are looking to make it to the regional tournament, a place they haven't been too since 2008.

2013: Didn't make it out of districts

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43237

Jenkins (13-9):
Lose: Kevin Brashear (1B, 3B, DH), Jacob Campbell (P, 2B, SS, OF), Tim Seals (1B, P, OF)

Return: Jordan Bentley ©, Donald Quillen (P, OF)

The Cavs are looking to make it to the region tournament, a place they haven't been since 2007 where they went to the regional semi-finals

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43227

Leslie County (13-11):
Lose: Jacob Eldrige, Chase Hoskins, Eric Hubbard ©, Chase Osburne (2B, P), Josh Perkins, Chuckie Sandlin (OF, P), Zack Sparks (2B), Blake Bray

Return: Austin Hubbard, Stefan Lewis, Seth Melton, Dillion Muncy

The Eagles are hoping to make it back to the regional tournament, a place they haven't been in 2 years (2011)

2013: didn't make it out of districts

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43238

Jackson City (13-12):
Lose: Chad Davidson (C, IF), George McIntosh (C, P, IF)

Return: Ryan Back (1B, P), Rest will be underclass men (JR's, SO's, FR's & Middle Schoolers)

Jackson City stunned everyone and won the 55th district championship, defeating Breathitt County 5-3 in 9 innings. Tigers are hoping the same thing happens this season as it did in 2013 but with a better turnout in 2014 in the regional tournament.

2013: 55th district champs

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43224

Perry County Central (13-20):
Lose: Jordan Burgett (OF), Tanner Collins (IF), Foutch Jarrett (OF), Derrick Luttrell (IF), Daniel Messer (1B)

Return: Jordon Baker (OF, C), Jaden Combs (IF), Dustin Frazier (OF), Elijah Lusk(OF), Austin Neace (IF), Nathan Pray (OF, P)

Commodores are hoping that 2014 turns out better than 2013 did as they look to win district championship and make a run in the regional tourney.

2013: district runner up

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43295

Knott County Central (11-19-1):
Lose: No One

Return: Chance Cornett (P, IF) everyone else from 2013 team

Patriots will be looking to knock off defending district champions, Letcher Central to claim a district title for the folks in Hindman. Knott will be looking to make a run at a region title and just looking to have a better 2014 season than 2013.

2013: District runner up

Breathitt County (9-14):
Lose: Alex Hamilton (P, OF), James Bloomberg (OF), Jordan Daniels, Ryan Cox (2B, SS), Kody Fugate (3B), Joe Jones (2B, OF), Cory Shouse, Harley Weems (OF)

Return: Chandler Baker (OF), Lawson Cain, Cody Bellamy (OF), Joseph Erp (OF), Braxton Whitmore

Bobcats were upset in the district championship game by Jackson City. Bobcats are hoping 2014 turns out better than 2013 did.

Breathitt will also be looking for a new coach

2013: District runner up

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43133

Wolfe County (7-17-1):
Lose: Dylan Creech (C, P), Charles Broughton (OF), Brett Denniston (1B, P), Jared Strong (UTLY)

Return: Cory Conway (OF, P), Timmy Creech (OF), Marshall Willioughby (UTLY), Jeff Whisman (SS), Wes Sallie (2B)

Wolves had a disappointing season in 2013 and are hoping that 2014 turns out better.

2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43361

Cordia (8-22): 2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43162

Buckhorn (7-26): 2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43136

June Buchanan (5-26) 2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43230

Owsley County (4-12): 2014 Schedule (KHSAA): http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/ri...ba14/43289

2014 District & Region Locations
53rd District: Letcher County Central
54th District: Perry County Central
55th District: Breathitt County
56th District: Estill County

14th Region: Buckhorn
Should be an interesting year as always im looking forward to it already.. Also thats some good info strike. Keep up the good work.:Thumbs:
Several good returning pitchers capable of winning on any given day. Smith, PCC, Tuttle, Estill, Hatmaker, Powell, Conley & Wells, Hazard, Hall, LCC, and Cornett, KCC just to name a few.
How to you list Slone as someone who is a valuable returning for LCC? He plays very little in the outfiled, Fields & Salyers are the two most important ones in the OF for the Cougars. I look for them repeat and make another trip to Lexington.
If I am not mistaken, Sam Robinson moved to another school. OBI I think, but we are getting Jaylan Williams who will help fill the loose of Short.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Letcher could be better this year than last and they are earning respect with that program.Gaining the Williams kid is huge on the baseball field if he comes out.
Prediction for the 53rd:
1. Letcher
2. Cordia
3. Everyone else

Prediction for 54th:
1. Hazard
2. Everyone else

Prediction for 55th:
1. Doesn't Matter......

Predictions for 56th:
1. Powell
2. Estill
3. Everyone else
Where is Leslie in the 54th? They have a quality ball club.What about Kcc and Breathitt. Breathitt will be down some, but that much?
Hit N' Run Wrote:Where is Leslie in the 54th? They have a quality ball club.What about Kcc and Breathitt. Breathitt will be down some, but that much?

KCC - top 5 team in the 14th. Chance Cornett, Dalton Cornett, Turner, Rodgers, and McGee return from last year.
Leslie County - talented freshman class Crisp, Baker, Melton
PCC - talented 8th grade class Dixon, Cottongame, Long + Pray, Jr., and Jett, Fr. is back on KHSAA roster
Jackson - won the 55th with 8th graders / freshman last year
Cordia - returns everyone from last year, big senior class
Lee County - returns everyone 12 upperclassman listed on thier roster
Glad to see PCC getting some love!
rawlingsfan Wrote:KCC - top 5 team in the 14th. Chance Cornett, Dalton Cornett, Turner, Rodgers, and McGee return from last year.
Leslie County - talented freshman class Crisp, Baker, Melton
PCC - talented 8th grade class Dixon, Cottongame, Long + Pray, Jr., and Jett, Fr. is back on KHSAA roster
Jackson - won the 55th with 8th graders / freshman last year
Cordia - returns everyone from last year, big senior class
Lee County - returns everyone 12 upperclassman listed on thier roster

KCC lacks depth with pitching and hitting. Not enough horses to compete for a championship..

Leslie - potential is two years from now. These kids will develop.

PCC -have some solid pieces, but not enough depth; thank you Hazard

Jackson City - same as Leslie

Lee - same as Knott

:closeenough: Remember, close enough don't count.
The Weatherman Wrote:Prediction for the 53rd:
1. Letcher
2. Cordia
3. Everyone else

Prediction for 54th:
1. Hazard
2. Everyone else

Prediction for 55th:
1. Doesn't Matter......

Predictions for 56th:
1. Powell
2. Estill
3. Everyone else

Cordia?
rawlingsfan Wrote:Cordia?

I hear they might be getting some players that will make the 14th region in baseball more interesting....
Same ones that are playing basketball is going to play beaten all also. Heheh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I was told Cordia has recruited 3 players from the Dominican Republic. May give them a better chance to compete. Guess we will see
wildcat12 Wrote:I was told Cordia has recruited 3 players from the Dominican Republic. May give them a better chance to compete. Guess we will see

Good possibility. Will not be much of a culture shock.
Are the players already there for Cordia or is this just talk of them possibly coming? Big difference. A few of Hazard's kids are already working on some parts of their game on an individual basis.Like another poster stated,Powell and Letcher will be very strong as well as Estill County. Hazard,as much as i support them,just couldn't get it together post season time.Hopefully that changes.Will Cordia's new players shake things up or what caliber players are they?
From what I have been told there are some new players in at Cordia. I have not seen them play but have heard they are solid players and will make Cordia a contender this season. Of course I am going on heresay on their abilities and have not witnessed them myself. The 14th Region should be very competitive this season with Estill, Letcher, Hazard, and Powell as the favorites (no particular order). I think Knott will be a much improved team and I think even though young Leslie may be a tough out come tournament time. Of course if these players at Cordia are as good as mentioned they could be there as well. Jackson City should be another young team that will cause not be an easy out. Not sure on what Lee returns but they are usually pretty solid. Perry is a mystery to me right now. Losing Smith will hurt but Coach Dixon usually finds a way to get his teams ready to play.
I don't know how good the new Cordia players are but they have recruited some good basketball players from all over the world why not baseball now. Still think Hazard and Letcher will be the top teams this year.
Hit N' Run Wrote:Where is Leslie in the 54th? They have a quality ball club.What about Kcc and Breathitt. Breathitt will be down some, but that much?

I think Breathitt graduated just about all the starters and pitching. I've heard IF they have a team, it will be mostly freshmen and a couple of seniors. Also, a couple of parents said that they can't find a coach. BTW, whoever did their schedule (as posted on Riherds) didn't do these young kids any favors, imo.
Cordia has 5 new players enrolled in school right now. They are all us citizens from NYC they are however Dominican background. They possibly have a 6th one on the way his parents are in a custody dispute now his name is Jesus dejesus. He is a right handed pitcher fastball tops out at about 86-87 mph. They have a Nunez kid that is a monster hitter. They also have a kid enrolled that is a lefty pitcher. He fast ball topped out last week at 83 mph he is consistantly at 80 or better on his fastball. He is only a sophomore. All these kids are eligible they have only played club ball Cordia shoul be a contender with as weak as baseball has become in the 14th region.
Knott returns 7 starters, losing Williams (OF, P) to Letcher and Dalton Cornett (C, IF) to Leslie. They will definitely improve if the pitching depth goes farther than just Chance Cornett.
Who is coaching Knott? Cavanaugh?
Breathitt will have the best starter and closer in the 14th, there starter is Joe erp he throws around 85 with a killer curve and sinker, and there closer is The Sandman! Adam Stacy He throws around 74 but his curve is crazy AF and don't get me started on his knuckle! he will PUT YOU TO SLEEP!Confusedleep:
Letcher Central will repeat as regional champions. The best coach in the 14th region will once again lead his team to Whitaker Park in Lexington.
With what Hazard has returning I believe they will be very hard to handle. Got good arms and a lot of defense back this year?
Letcher Central returns all but two players, a transfer in Jaylen Williams, and a helluva coach, and the experience of winning two out of the last three regional titles.
Letcher, Hazard, Powell and Estill will all be in the running for the regional crown. Letcher will be hard to beat with the coach they have and the few returning players from last year and the transfer. The others will be hard to beat with everyone they have returning.
Hey orange, who is a upcoming middle school 8th grader we should be watching? I know they had a middle school team. The only kid I knew on the team Alec Fields. His brother Andrew was a freshman last year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!