Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sting coming to WWE?
Many fans noticed current TNA Impact Wrestling performer and general pro wrestling legend Sting in the WWE video packages that highlights past World Heavyweight Champions on Monday’s edition of WWE RAW.

According to new reports, Sting was included in the aforementioned video packages for a reason.

Word is that Sting is once again reportedly interested in signing with World Wrestling Entertainment. While Sting has apparently not opened direct negotiations with the company, he has reportedly sent feelers to WWE.

Reports claim there is a lot of confidence on the side of WWE that Sting will eventually be a part of their roster.

http://www.sescoops.com/backstage-news-o...soon/82128
10 years ago I wanted to see it. Now, at 55, balding and no longer at peak shape, I just have no desire for it.

Regardless it will be interesting to see how Sting is booked in TNA going forward. The company has him for another five months and they appear committed to using him to get a new Main Event Mafia off the ground. If it truly is the end for Sting in TNA does the relationship end badly or do they send Sting off with class?
SD that is some very good questions my friend. I think that the end of Aces and Eights will be rather soon. Someone on a wrestling fan page on facebook, said that Sting was probably coming to WWE to go after Undertaker's wrestlemania Streak. I'd like to see that but then again WWE could possibly screw it up
Yeah, I agree, they will sell this as going after the streak. But, who would buy that a new guy will come in and end the Taker's streak! I don't have confidence that Sting has anything to offer, nor do I believe the WWE would book him properly. Like I said, Sting had market value 10 years ago. The WWE fans of today have no idea of who Sting is from a historical point of view. If they don't watch TNA, then they don't even know who he is. If they only casually watch TNA, then he is just "another guy", and they have no reason to buy into him. For those of us who remember Sting as "The Man", then we also know that at 55, Sting no longer is a player to get too excited about. If I had my wish, Sting would not come to WWE, because I think it will only tarnish his history to those who really remember him at his heights!

If you were around to witness this Sting
[Image: http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/item/1...EJrfnX.jpg]

Then you know this Sting is way past his prime.
[Image: http://www.thewrestlingpage.com/wp-conte...n-TNA-.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:10 years ago I wanted to see it. Now, at 55, balding and no longer at peak shape, I just have no desire for it.

Regardless it will be interesting to see how Sting is booked in TNA going forward. The company has him for another five months and they appear committed to using him to get a new Main Event Mafia off the ground. If it truly is the end for Sting in TNA does the relationship end badly or do they send Sting off with class?

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking. See Dusty, great minds think alike. I always said you and I are the smartest two people on this site.
^ When we have people like Neery on the site, it take no more than a box of rocks to be the smartest on the site.....

Confusednicker:
Undertaker vs. Sting

WrestleMania 30.

Book it.......
Stardust Wrote:^ When we have people like Neery on the site, it take no more than a box of rocks to be the smartest on the site.....

Confusednicker:

Very true but you have to admit, we like having him around. It wouldn't be the same without him. He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's from West Virginia so that's to be expected.
^ Without Neery, I would not have anybody to make fun of.....:biglmao:
Ordinarily, I don't like the direction WWE takes with "outsiders" but I think Sting is respected well enough that he will be utilized properly if and when he decides to make the jump. Furthermore, I know that Taker has the respect of the company. Taker is a great worker and rumor has it that he likes CM Punk so much that he was for him ending "the streak".

The company had so much respect for Taker that they put him over despite his open mind to having his streak snapped.

I have no doubt that Sting and Taker will eventually headline Mania. I also have a feeling that you will see it be both legend's final match. These are the two most loyal and locker room respected superstars in the history of the business. The match wouldn't be what it would be 10-12 years ago from a strategic standpoint but the build up, hype, and nostalgia will make it the biggest draw in years, if not all time.

My reason for saying this is that Taker's days are numbered due to injuries and he wants to get out (at least from an in ring standpoint) before they catch up to him. Not to mention that he has a lot of business ventures and real estate ventures starting to pop up in the Southwest. Sting has had a relatively healthy career compared to most superstars but he seems ready to focus on being a full time father and family man.

I think that ultimately, Sting would want to put Taker over and let him go out undefeated but make it one heck of a show. Taker would be up for putting Sting over but just like the Punk match, the company has too much respect and should likely let him go out on top.