Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf Thread
I wanted to start a thread for golf to just basically talk anything about it. Such as the clubs you use, courses you golf, or scores you have shot. Pretty much a thread to just talk golf.

Hopefully some of you all golf and we can get some good conversations going about golf. I started golfing last summer and now am VERY into it and absolutely love it and love talking about it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Playing my first round tomorrow. Have not picked up a club in three years since Bicep surgery, so it should be interesting....
Get someone to film it. You could win $10K!!

Wink
I've played.....
Paintsville Country Club
StoneCrest
Diamond Links
Sandy Creek
Eagle Ridge
Raven Rock
Jenny Wiley state park
John's Creek public course in Pike Co.
and 4 or 5 other courses in Central Ky., but can't remember the names right off

Possum Trot
Heather Glen
Glen Dornoch
Shaftesbury Glen
all in Myrtle Beach, SC.
I use a Cleveland Launcher, 10.5 degree, graphite shaft, stiff flex driver.
Nike Sasquatch 2, 3 and 4 hybrids, graphite shafts.
Imitation Orlimar irons 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9, graphite shafts.
King Cobra PW, SW & 52 degree wedges, steel shafts.
And a older blade style Ben Hogan putter.
Most courses I will play from the Blue tee's. Not because I'm a long hitter, but I've found out that I stay out of 'trouble' more if I hit further back.

I shoot in the lower 90's to upper 80's. Every now and then I'll sneak a birdie out and a few pars.

But I just enjoy being outside. I turn my cell phone off and just hit a little white ball and play "Cow Pasture Pool" as my grandfather calls it.
^ I'm not good a golf, but golf makes me better at drinking and cursing!
Callaway Big Bertha Driver 10, Graphite
Taylor Made 3, 5, 7 wood, metal
Top Flite Tour Iron's, metal
Wilson 56 & 60 wedges, metal
Tommy Armor 845 putter
Haven't played in years.
For those who don't play, give it a chance. I love to play, once you hit that first good shot be prepare to become hooked.
TaylorMade r5 Driver Loft 10.5
Dunlap 3 Wood
TaylorMade Burner Plus Metal
58 degree Nike wedge
Scotty Camron Studio Edition and a Cleveland Classic
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Used to play a lot....then got married, then became a Dad. My 17 year anniversary is a week from Saturday if that tells you anything. Unfortunately, I haven't played a round in over 5 years. That will change this calendar year, I promise Confusednicker:.

I'll clean the dust off of a set of low end perimeter balanced Ginty Altima clubs, A Wilson Staff sand wedge and Spider putter that belonged to my Dad. I spent many a round on the Lunken Airport Par 3 course as a kid with him growing up learning, "the game."

In NKY I used to play Willows, Hickory Sticks, and AJ Jolly a lot, atleast once a week between May-Sept. in my early to mid 20's. I played Gibson Bay in Richmond the first few seasons after it opened up as well

My best round was an 82 at Hickory Sticks. I'd consistently shoot in the 90's-low 100's. Love the game, the money I had to play it went into the family budget after getting hitched! Thanks for starting the thread. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
? Where would you guys recommend buying used clubs: ebay, golf shops, golf shows...

Thanks in advance!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Well, today was a washout, but of course, it did not start raining until we arrived at Flagg Springs....
Never have played in my life. I would like to try someday. One of the routes I used to run used to go right next to a golf course (I almost got hit by stray balls several times). I became fascinated how these people play such a difficult game but yet enjoy it so much. What is it about playing golf that people love so much? Just curious.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ We love to Cuss, Drink and throw temper tantrums....

[Image: http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content...-sport.gif]
^ cussing and drinking are a figment of Dustys imagination Jarons Confusednicker:.

Why do people enjoy golf? Let me count the ways:
It will teach you and others ( who witness your round ) how you handle

-success
-frustration
-patience
-expectation
-disappointment
-attitude
-perserverance
-arrogance
-humbleness
-how you communicate
-sense of humor, and many more...

Enjoying it is a choice. It can make one miserable as well. If you want to get to know someone better spend three hours with them on a golf course. You'll get a pretty good blueprint of their tendencies and what their personality is like. A lot of the reason why golf guides corporate business decisions. Business may not be discussed at all during the round. But many deals are closed over a burger and beverage after the round on the 19th green based on the prior three hours "body of work."

Being outside away from the office, surrounded by wildlife, water, sand, and manicured grass doesn't hurt either!

And Jarons, all credit to Dusty. Many of us golfers think if we talk dirty to the ball it will do what we want it to do Confusednicker:!

I hope that helps...:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
My senor year in high school (1990) I played two and a half holes of golf. On the third hole after I teed of I said to he@@ with this and went home. Besides the fact I hated it, I had football practice latter that day.
I love golf for many many reasons. I never thought I'd enjoy golf until I went and played and shot one good shot, ever since that shot I have been hooked. And golf is also something you can do until you're unable to swing a club!

But Spirit, I recommend ebay. I recently bought 2 new clubs. Very nice clubs for a low price. That's normally where I buy my equipment.
#BBFL
Can someone tell me what handicap means in golf?
#BBFL
Golf Handicap - You drink so much that you can't walk
Jarons Wrote:Never have played in my life. I would like to try someday. One of the routes I used to run used to go right next to a golf course (I almost got hit by stray balls several times). I became fascinated how these people play such a difficult game but yet enjoy it so much. What is it about playing golf that people love so much? Just curious.
exercise and grass
Golf every Friday evening at Paintsville.

They have a Friday evening scramble $10 to get in it if you are a member and $20 for a non member. They play the front 9 and #18 (10 holes total), 4 to 6 man teams. Starts at 6 pm and ALL teams are drawn with A,B,C,D players, so no loaded teams and winner takes all. It's a blast and EVERYONE is welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^That's awesome! I might have to get down there and try that out.

But went to Elk Run (Johns Creek) today and shot a 89. I was really doing well with my irons but for some reason my driver was off today. And Thursday when I went to Johns Creek my driver was on and my irons were off. So I have trouble with being consistent, but it's hard to be consistent when you don't golf much so I'll take it.

I would like to brag on Elk Run Golf Course, they do a wonderful thing on Monday and Wednesdays were you can pay $15 for 18 holes, and if you want to play another round you just have to pay $5. I'm pretty sure, don't hold me to this. But it's a great deal if I'm saying it right. But Elk Run is a really nice golf course ran by friendly people and made affordable!
#BBFL
^Don't sound like to bad of a deal. The course are pretty wet right now though. I hate it when it's wet like this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
After seeing my 2nd PGA event this weekend at the GreenBrier Classic....
And getting to see the golfers on the range and putting green, they are so systematic.

Every swing by every club is robotic. Same set-up, same stance, same swing plane.