Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Kerry's wife hospitalized in Massachusetts
(CNN) -- Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Secretary of State John Kerry, became ill Sunday and was taken by ambulance to a Massachusetts hospital.
Heinz Kerry, 74, was in Nantucket, where the family has a home.
Accompanied by her husband, she was taken to Nantucket Cottage Hospital, said Glen Johnson, the secretary's spokesman. Once her condition was stabilized, she was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
"The family is grateful for the outpouring of support it has received and aware of the interest in her condition, but they ask for privacy at this time," Johnson said in a statement.
Those Boston hospitals are huge. I spent a lot of time in Brigham and Women's.
I hope I don't get accused for being a racist for posting this
^Naaah, she's white as snow. Are you concerned for her, or hoping she's in bad shape?
She is an African American
nky Wrote:She is an African American
I didn't know. Never saw her.
^ You sure?

[Image: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODA...faa9f8741e]
Wiki

Maria Teresa Thierstein Simões-Ferreira Heinz (born October 5, 1938), known as Teresa Heinz, is a Portuguese-American businesswoman and philanthropist, the widow of former U.S. Senator H. John Heinz III (R-Pennsylvania), and the wife of current U.S. Secretary of State and former U.S. Senator John Kerry (D-Massachusetts).
I guess, technically she's African American. A lot of South African people are white as snow.
FTR, someone said somewhere else on BGR recently that John Kerry was rich because of her. He is a member the Forbes family, and a beneficiary of that trust. He wasn't as rich as her, but he wasn't eating potted meat.
At any rate, I wish her well.
TheRealVille Wrote:FTR, someone said somewhere else on BGR recently that John Kerry was rich because of her. He is a member the Forbes family, and a beneficiary of that trust. He wasn't as rich as her, but he wasn't eating potted meat.
Kerry's first wife was reportedly worth $100 million when he married her. Kerry earned very little, if any of "his" fortune. I hope that his current wife outlives him. I would hate to see the courtship of Kerry's wealthy wife #3 dominate the cable news channels. Heinz-Kerry seems like a decent person who has kept a low profile for the most part, preferring to do charity work for a wide range of liberal causes behind the scenes. I don't care much for her husband, Lurch, who as stupid and lazy as any politician in DC.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kerry's first wife was reportedly worth $100 million when he married her. Kerry earned very little, if any of "his" fortune. I hope that his current wife outlives him. I would hate to see the courtship of Kerry's wealthy wife #3 dominate the cable news channels. Heinz-Kerry seems like a decent person who has kept a low profile for the most part. I don't care much for her husband, Lurch.
Kerry is a Forbes family member. I think he was pretty well set, without any wives. FTR, Kerry and Heinz keep their money separate.
TheRealVille Wrote:Kerry is a Forbes family member. I think he was pretty well set, without any wives. FTR, Kerry and Heinz keep their money separate.
I didn't say that Kerry was not pretty well set. I said whatever fortune that he has was inherited and not earned. Kerry has always had one of the worst attendence records in the Senate. He is lazy and incompetent, yet sees himself as having a monster intellect. His GPA and SAT score were both lower than Bush's, who liberals loved to call an idiot. What kind of idiot would go sailing off Nantucket during the Egyptian crisis. Did he really think that the media would not be looking to the Secretary of State for comments? This is the big tax the rich advocate who docked his yacht in Rhode Island to avoid Massachusetts' higher property tax rates.
TheRealVille Wrote:Wiki

Maria Teresa Thierstein Simões-Ferreira Heinz (born October 5, 1938), known as Teresa Heinz, is a Portuguese-American businesswoman and philanthropist, the widow of former U.S. Senator H. John Heinz III (R-Pennsylvania), and the wife of current U.S. Secretary of State and former U.S. Senator John Kerry (D-Massachusetts).

TheRealVille Wrote:I guess, technically she's African American. A lot of South African people are white as snow.
She was born in Mozambique which was a Portuguese colony at the time of her birth:notbad:
^ I thought to be considered African American legally, you had to be part black?
Being born in Africa is enough
nky Wrote:Being born in Africa is enough
You can claim some of the minority benefits in America if you are white "African American?
http://www.wnd.com/2004/01/22929/
^ Is that the federal government's official stand on it?
We are getting a little off John's wife, but I really do wonder if minority benefits of "African Americans" spill over to white people that migrate from Africa to American. According to some links on the google link above, the term "African American" is used for black people born as American citizens.

Wiki

African American
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the U.S. population of Americans of African ancestry. For the population of recent African origins, see African immigration to the United States. For the African diaspora throughout the Americas, see Afro-American peoples of the Americas.

African American

African Americans[3] (also referred to as Black Americans or less commonly Afro-Americans, and formerly as American Negroes) are citizens or residents of the United States who have total or partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa.[4] The term is not usually used for black residents of other countries in the Americas.
African Americans make up the second largest racial and ethnic minority in the United States.[5] Most African Americans are of West and Central African descent and are descendants of enslaved blacks within the boundaries of the present United States.[6][7] However, some immigrants from African, Caribbean, Central American, and South American nations, and their descendants, may be identified or self-identify with the term.[4]
African-American history starts in the 16th century with black Africans forcibly taken to Spanish and English colonies in America as slaves. After the United States came into being, black people continued to be enslaved and treated as inferiors. These circumstances were changed by Reconstruction, development of the black community, participation in the great military conflicts of the United States, the elimination of racial segregation, and the Civil Rights Movement. In 2008, Barack Obama was the first African American to be elected president of the United States. The geographical-origin-based term "African American" is commonly used interchangeably with "black American", although skin-color-based terms are sometimes considered disparaging.
That's an inherent problem with identifying a person from an area. I once knew a girl with the last name Flannigan she was Irish and Black
Good luck to her.