•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman Not Guilty
TheRealVille Wrote:Yea, the case is over, but was it concrete or grass? I never could figure why the state didn't bring that up. They kept saying that Treyvon was banging his head against concrete, but the concrete sidewalk was a long way away from where the shooting took place. It was 100% grass where the altercation, and death took place.
Not that it really matters, but I think that you are wrong again. I heard nothing during the trial to suggest that the altercation was not on or near concrete. In fact, the prosecutor even asked a witness if the injuries were consistent with Zimmerman's head hitting the pavement only one time - as he tried to rebut Zimmerman's claim that his head was slammed against the pavement repeatedly. During the closing arguments, the defense argued that Martin's use of concrete constituted a deadly weapon and during the prosecution's rebuttal, they made no claim that Martin was not in close proximity to any concrete. I don't find your claim credible in light of the statements made by the lawyers during final arguments.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Not that it really matters, but I think that you are wrong again. I heard nothing during the trial to suggest that the altercation was not on or near concrete. In fact, the prosecutor even asked a witness if the injuries were consistent with Zimmerman's head hitting the pavement only one time - as he tried to rebut Zimmerman's claim that his head was slammed against the pavement repeatedly. During the closing arguments, the defense argued that Martin's use of concrete constituted a deadly weapon and during the prosecution's rebuttal, they made no claim that Martin was not in close proximity to any concrete. I don't find your claim credible in light of the statements made by the lawyers during final arguments.
Makes one wonder whether FL threw the case. Martin was found dead completely on grass. In the end, it doesn't really matter, the DOJ started an investigation at the front end, and put it on hold to let FL do their thing. I'd bet the DOJ picks it back up at a federal level.
TheRealVille Wrote:Makes one wonder whether FL threw the case. Martin was found dead completely on grass. In the end, it doesn't really matter, the DOJ started an investigation at the front end, and put it on hold to let FL do their thing. I'd bet the DOJ picks it back up at a federal level.
Martin's body was not located far away from the sidewalk, as you stated in your previous post. In fact, a crime scene photos shows that it was within 3 or 4 feet, and if it was rolled over for examination before covering it, then it may have landed even closer to the sidewalk. The prosecution did not argue that Martin's body was too far away from the sidewalk to support Zimmerman's claim because that was clearly not the case. The state of Florida did not throw the case on purpose and that is an absurd comment to make. If they had set out to throw the case, then they would not have fought to allow the jury to have the option of a manslaughter conviction and they would not have illegally withheld evidence from the defense that was on Martin's phone.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Martin's body was not located far away from the sidewalk, as you stated in your previous post. In fact, a crime scene photos shows that it was within 3 or 4 feet, and if it was rolled over for examination before covering it, then it may have landed even closer to the sidewalk. The prosecution did not argue that Martin's body was too far away from the sidewalk to support Zimmerman's claim because that was clearly not the case. The state of Florida did not throw the case on purpose and that is an absurd comment to make. If they had set out to throw the case, then they would not have fought to allow the jury to have the option of a manslaughter conviction and they would not have illegally withheld evidence from the defense that was on Martin's phone.
Is it? You seemed to make that comment somewhere, earlier.
TheRealVille Wrote:Is it? You seemed to make that comment somewhere, earlier.
Did I? Point it out to me. No case should never have been brought against Zimmerman. Because the state of Florida succumbed to political pressure from racists living out of state, the prosecution should have at least ensured that Zimmerman received a fair trial, including strict compliance with laws governing discovery, and that was not done. In fact, the state fired an IT director on the day that the jury began its deliberations for alerting the defense to the existence of evidence that had not been provided to the defense.

If I speculated that maybe the state would like to throw the case to ensure justice was done, then I was wrong. At this point, such speculation is absurd.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Did I? Point it out to me. No case should never have been brought against Zimmerman. Because the state of Florida succumbed to political pressure from racists living out of state, the prosecution should have at least ensured that Zimmerman received a fair trial, including strict compliance with laws governing discovery, and that was not done. In fact, the state fired an IT director on the day that the jury began its deliberations for alerting the defense to the existence of evidence that had not been provided to the defense.

If I speculated that maybe the state would like to throw the case to ensure justice was done, then I was wrong. At this point, such speculation is absurd.
I did find it. You were just saying it looked like FL wasn't trying because they had a weak case.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=83
nky Wrote:msnbc should be ashamed of themselves. Their calling for black families to hold their children, that the murder of their children doesn't matter. That such a BS approach

Msnbc and most other media outlets have no shame. Sharpton, Jackson and the race baitors posing within the media totally ignore black on black crime while staying cocked and loaded to gin up hate when the rare white on black altercation comes up. To call Sharpton and Jackson "civil rights leaders" is laughable.

Had Zimmeman actually been white with blond hair and blue eyes, the kicking and screaming would have been much louder.

This whole case has been a display of grotesque hypocrisy, from our President down to the local prosecution. Shame? Nah, they have none.
TheRealVille Wrote:I did find it. You were just saying it looked like FL wasn't trying because they had a weak case.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=83
I also said that the prosecution would do everything possible to convict Zimmerman of something in the same post. As I said, the prosecution had a very weak case and it should never have been prosecuted. Under the circumstances, the prosecution managed to divert attention away from the law the best it could and they did their best to get a conviction based on emotion instead of reason. Fortunately, they failed and justice prevailed.

[INDENT]
Quote:The prosecution will do everything possible to convict Zimmerman of something. It just looks like they are not trying because their case is so weak. I would not be surprised to see the prosecution still offer Zimmerman a deal in an effort to minimize the rioting that will take place if he is acquitted of all charges.
[/INDENT]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Msnbc and most other media outlets have no shame. Sharpton, Jackson and the race baitors posing within the media totally ignore black on black crime while staying cocked and loaded to gin up hate when the rare white on black altercation comes up. To call Sharpton and Jackson "civil rights leaders" is laughable.

Had Zimmeman actually been white with blond hair and blue eyes, the kicking and screaming would have been much louder.

This whole case has been a display of grotesque hypocrisy, from our President down to the local prosecution. Shame? Nah, they have none.
Most racist crimes in this country are committed by blacks and when they get reported at all, they get reported by local media. When white people have died or suffered serious injuries from playing their role in a game of 'knockout,' there are no calls of sympathy from President Obama and there are no threats to prosecute the crimes under federal hate crime statutes by Eric With-Holder.
This case isn't over.
TheRealVille Wrote:This case isn't over.
You are probably right. It should be and would be over if we still had a real Justice Department. The Justice Department has been taken hostage by a gang of racists.
TheRealVille Wrote:This case isn't over.

How so? He can not be tried again. The "justice department" would be wasting time. Civil case maybe. From a racist bunch like the naacp. Maybe we need to start the NAPWP (national association for the protection of white people). But that in of itself would be racist to some.:eyeroll: The only civil case that will be won, will be from Zimmerman's side. Everyone that he rightfully sues, he will win.
Nope now the Martin family will sue in Civil court to try and get some money out of Zimmerman
Crossbones Wrote:How so? He can not be tried again. Civil case maybe. From a racist bunch like the naacp. Maybe we need to start the NAPWP (national association for the protection of white people). But that in of itself would be racist to some.:eyeroll: The only civil case that will be won, will be from Zimmerman's side. Everyone that he rightfully sues, he will win.
He can be tried civilly, and you can bet the DOJ will pick this back up. Remember Rodney and the cops? They were initially acquitted, but eventually went to prison. While he can't be tried for murder again, he can be tried on other charges at the federal level.
Crossbones Wrote:How so? He can not be tried again. Civil case maybe. From a racist bunch like the naacp. Maybe we need to start the NAPWP (national association for the protection of white people). But that in of itself would be racist to some.:eyeroll: The only civil case that will be won, will be from Zimmerman's side. Everyone that he rightfully sues, he will win.
The NAACP and other black organizations are already pressuring the Justice Department to pursue Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights. Eric With-Holder could use our tax dollars to prosecute and persecute Zimmerman if he decides to appease the 92 percent of black Americans and near 100 percent of white liberals who support President Obama. No average American can afford the legal bills that would be accrued adequately defending themselves against the unlimited resources of the federal government. Bankruptcy would likely follow such action and Zimmerman will have no chance to work and lead a normal life unless Obama calls off his dogs.
TheRealVille Wrote:He can be tried civilly, and you can bet the DOJ will pick this back up. Remember Rodney and the cops? They were initially acquitted, but eventually went to prison.

That's what I said, but you can take it to the bank, actually George is the one that is going to take it to the bank. Zimmerman is the only one that will win a civil suit. Wrongfully accused, defimation of character............ect. The doj will be just like the prosecution in this case. Wasting their time and our money.
Right on cue with opinions here at BGR saying last night and all week, that rioting would take place, right wingers posted a fake video.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/14/riot.html
Crossbones Wrote:That's what I said, but you can take it to the bank, actually George is the one that is going to take it to the bank. Zimmerman is the only one that will win a civil suit. Wrongfully accused, defimation of character............ect. The doj will be just like the prosecution in this case. Wasting their time and our money.
Like I said, at the federal level, this can be brought back up, and Zimmerman can still go to jail.
nky Wrote:Nope now the Martin family will sue in Civil court to try and get some money out of Zimmerman

I have great respect for the Martin family up to this point. IMO they have conducted themselves very well under these circumstances. The Martin legal team also have been impressive. Unfortunately, there will be outsiders applying constant pressure on this family to drag this on for years and years. I hope they continue to handle themselves, and not be "handled" by bottom feeders.
There was rioting in Oakland. Right on cue. Same ole same ole from the old rioters.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...f/2515569/
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I said, at the federal level, this can be brought back up, and Zimmerman can still go to jail.

The only thing that they can try to charge him with is race crime or violation of civil rights. It will never be proved.
Not so fast on the Civil case
776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/inde...6.032.html

Now before someone says wait that applies to law enforcement- 776 Use of force in defense of person also known as the stand your ground law
by the way were is all the rage as Chicago passes it's 200 murder this year( most black on black)
nky Wrote:Not so fast on the Civil case
776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/inde...6.032.html

Now before someone says wait that applies to law enforcement- 776 Use of force in defense of person also known as the stand your ground law
He didn't employ stand your ground. Think federal hate crimes. He can still go to jail. FL law doesn't trump federal law if they go for civil rights charges, and hate crimes.
nky Wrote:Nope now the Martin family will sue in Civil court to try and get some money out of Zimmerman
That will not be an easy task with an acquittal in his pocket. Unlike the OJ acquittal, the prosecution played a very weak hand in prosecuting the Zimmerman case and OJ had deep pockets. Zimmerman does not have a pot of gold for lawyers to split with the Martins. That will not prevent a lawsuit, but the Martins' lawyers will be gambling that Zimmerman wins big judgments against NBC and others for slander. If Zimmerman is smart, he will work to minimize his income and consider filing bankruptcy until after things are resolved with the Martins.
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I said, at the federal level, this can be brought back up, and Zimmerman can still go to jail.

This divided nation doesn't need a witch hunt by Obama and Holder. Both have continually shown a unbending prejudice toward blacks.

If some fear a further division between the races in this country, all that is needed to accomplish that is to have a half black president (who seems to want everyone to forget that he is half white) and a black attorney general instigate a racially motivated "investigation" that has no merit.

The law of the land doesn't provide for everyone being equal but one group, because of long past discrimination, being entitled to special treatment. Obama, Holder, HLN, MSNBC, and CNN seem to think otherwise and, sadly for our country, they seem to have a trump card over the law of the land. Our founders would be shocked and distressed. This is not the country they envisioned. Of course, they would have never tolerated the likes of Al Sharpton and Nancy Grace.

The most significant statement to come out of the trial was when Mr. O'Mara, the head attorney for the defense, was asked if the decision would have been different if Zimmerman were black and Martin white. His answer should educate us. He said, "If that were the case, there would have been no charges and no trial."
TheRealVille Wrote:He didn't employ stand your ground. Think federal hate crimes. He can still go to jail. FL law doesn't trump federal law if they go for civil rights charges, and hate crimes.
Can one minority person commit a hate crime on another?
TheRealVille Wrote:He didn't employ stand your ground. Think federal hate crimes. He can still go to jail. FL law doesn't trump federal law if they go for civil rights charges, and hate crimes.
The fact that Zimmerman did not cite Florida's Stand Your Ground law should not preclude him from citing the law in a civil trial. Some day, you will regret your support of having an all powerful federal government that is free to trample the will of states and their citizens. You are correct, the federal government has the power to make Zimmerman's life a living hell on Earth and given the character of the people who possess that power, that is probably what will be done. Anybody who thinks that is a good thing is a fool. A tool that can be used to make somebody else's life miserable can be used to target other classes of people when it falls into different hands.

Zimmerman may be spared because he is a member of a demographic group that the DNC holds dear. Continuing to persecute a Hispanic, even one who has been demonized by hyphenation - a white-Hispanic, could easily backfire on Democrats. The real crime in this case is that political considerations are determining the fate of an innocent man.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:This divided nation doesn't need a witch hunt by Obama and Holder. Both have continually shown a unbending prejudice toward blacks.

If some fear a further division between the races in this country, all that is needed to accomplish that is to have a half black president (who seems to want everyone to forget that he is half white) and a black attorney general instigate a racially motivated "investigation" that has no merit.

The law of the land doesn't provide for everyone being equal but one group, because of long past discrimination, being entitled to special treatment. Obama, Holder, HLN, MSNBC, and CNN seem to think otherwise and, sadly for our country, they seem to have a trump card over the law of the land. Our founders would be shocked and distressed. This is not the country they envisioned. Of course, they would have never tolerated the likes of Al Sharpton and Nancy Grace.

The most significant statement to come out of the trial was when Mr. O'Mara, the head attorney for the defense, was asked if the decision would have been different if Zimmerman were black and Martin white. His answer should educate us. He said, "If that were the case, there would have been no charges and no trial."
If Zimmerman were black, and Martin white, BGR would be lit up calling for Zimmerman's head.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That will not be an easy task with an acquittal in his pocket. Unlike the OJ acquittal, the prosecution played a very weak hand in prosecuting the Zimmerman case and OJ had deep pockets. Zimmerman does not have a pot of gold for lawyers to split with the Martins. That will not prevent a lawsuit, but the Martins' lawyers will be gambling that Zimmerman wins big judgments against NBC and others for slander. If Zimmerman is smart, he will work to minimize his income and consider filing bankruptcy until after things are resolved with the Martins.

I doubt that a wrongful death judgment would be dischargeable in bankruptcy. Nonetheless, there are many "procedures" that Zimmerman can implement in order to minimize his estate. We call it "estate planning". I encourage him to get a good estate/tax attorney and to follow his/her advice. Good luck and best wishes, George.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next