Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Stand Your Ground Law
If interested, you can find Kentucky's Stand Your Ground Law set forth in the Kentucky Revised Statutes at KRS 503.050.

It appears to be a very reasonable law and we don't need a bunch of liberals, from Kentucky or from Washington, trying to nullify it.
Guess Stevie Wonder wouldn't be playing in Ky anytime soon
MustangSally Wrote:Guess Stevie Wonder wouldn't be playing in Ky anytime soon

Another fact for which we in the Commonwealth can be thankful. Mr. Wonder became moot a long time ago. Someone needs to tell him.
[YOUTUBE="So long Stevie"]gQGZfWAn-s0[/YOUTUBE]
MustangSally Wrote:Guess Stevie Wonder wouldn't be playing in Ky anytime soon

Its really to bad he wont be able to see Florida anymore.
Holder speaks out against Stand Your Ground

"Florida's already-controversial Stand Your Ground law garnered a new critic Tuesday: U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder.

Speaking at the NAACP’s annual convention in Orlando, Holder said the time had come “to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods.”

“By allowing and perhaps encouraging violent situations to escalate in public, such laws undermine public safety,” Holder said

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpoli...rylink=cpy

What a ridiculous red herring. Pundit after Pundit, not to mention the Zimmerman legal team, have explained there is NO connection between the Trayvon Martin Murder Case and Florida's Stand Your Ground Statute.

Obama himself, just couldn't resist politicizing yet another tragedy as he found a way to insert the issue of gun control back into the mix in his post verdict criticisms of the case;

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

I'd say Zimmerman is relatively safe from a DOJ prosecution. It's the rest of us that need to worry. The liberal gun zealots will get some kind of legislative control enacted out of all this. My fear is an attack on the right of self defense. That would mean you'd likely have to eat a bullet before you wouldn't be charged with murder or manslaughter. We got to vote these bozos out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Holder and Obama are using the DOJ to wage a not so thinly veiled race war on white males in this country (and apparently "white-Hispanics"). It began when the DOJ dropped charges against the two New Black Panther Party thugs who were intimidating white voters at a polling place in Philly.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Holder and Obama are using the DOJ to wage a not so thinly veiled race war on white males in this country (and apparently "white-Hispanics"). It began when the DOJ dropped charges against the two New Black Panther Party thugs who were intimidating white voters at a polling place in Philly.

Yes, and anybody with a glimmer can easily see that. I think that, at least in part, is what O meant when he said; "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America. – Barack Obama, 2008." These words were far from idle musings. In fact, in our time we see examples of some pretty untypical federal agencies foisting the wishes of the left upon the majority. OSHA, the IRS, the DOJ, the EPA are just a few who are now just tentacles of the left. Enmeshed federal agencies, with a data base to end all data bases, means there are no limits to the level of control government will exact on the citizens of this land unless they wake up and use the real power the constitution gives them, the power to vote.

The whole notion of "redistribution of wealth" is aimed at leveling the field between the haves and the have nots. That is why we see the DOJ engaging in socially engineering laws and enforcement of laws, in a way which allows the advancement of social privilege for minorities. Thusly creating the perception that minorities are special, while whites must be merely tolerated as passé and un-diverse. Sheep whose time has past but are still valuable as stock to be shorn, if you will. I have always seen ObamaCare as an effort to lift those who, devoid of money or health plans, out of the stigma of cattle call medicine as though such examples of outreach were something we should all be ashamed of instead of being proud to have helped. These kinds of outreach are in fact dispensed to the poor out of the goodness of American's hearts at clinics and ER's across the land.

Things won't change until elections change them. Equality I have no problem with. But, we're not talking equality anymore, the federal enforcement pendulum has now swung far to the left. There is a reason Holder and our president can speak so passionately for the cause of redistribution of wealth and other social justice issues. That is who they are and they're not going to change any before the end of term in 2016, and certainly not before the mid-terms of 2014.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Stand Your Ground Law in Kentucky, and in the other states having such a law, has as its foundation the Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution. It is strictly a state matter.

Both Obama and Holder need to keep their noses out of what is clearly a matter of states rights. Of course, as their close conspirator, Rahm Emanuel, said, no tragedy should be wasted. As with everything else involving these boys, it is about politics.

Kentucky, its government, and its citizens must do whatever is necessary to protect our Stand Your Ground Law. That is true even if we don't get to host the irrelevant and immaterial Mr. Wonder.
TheRealThing Wrote:Holder speaks out against Stand Your Ground

"Florida's already-controversial Stand Your Ground law garnered a new critic Tuesday: U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder.

Speaking at the NAACP’s annual convention in Orlando, Holder said the time had come “to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods.”

“By allowing and perhaps encouraging violent situations to escalate in public, such laws undermine public safety,” Holder said

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpoli...rylink=cpy

What a ridiculous red herring. Pundit after Pundit, not to mention the Zimmerman legal team, have explained there is NO connection between the Trayvon Martin Murder Case and Florida's Stand Your Ground Statute.

Obama himself, just couldn't resist politicizing yet another tragedy as he found a way to insert the issue of gun control back into the mix in his post verdict criticisms of the case;

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

I'd say Zimmerman is relatively safe from a DOJ prosecution. It's the rest of us that need to worry. The liberal gun zealots will get some kind of legislative control enacted out of all this. My fear is an attack on the right of self defense. That would mean you'd likely have to eat a bullet before you wouldn't be charged with murder or manslaughter. We got to vote these bozos out!

I wonder if Obama realizes that this wasn't gun violence. It was self defense. Liberals astound me with their lack of concern for reality.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/...snhp&pos=1

Pretty good link.... it's worth checking out
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If interested, you can find Kentucky's Stand Your Ground Law set forth in the Kentucky Revised Statutes at KRS 503.050.

It appears to be a very reasonable law and we don't need a bunch of liberals, from Kentucky or from Washington, trying to nullify it.

KRS 503.060 goes hand in hand with 503.050.
^ http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=19671
under that Zimmerman still would be found not guilty
^ Did he provoke the incident by following?
was he the aggressor?
^Yes
So why was he the only one injured?
^Was Martin allowed to stand his ground against the man following him. Doesn't "not having to retreat" come under Florida's stand your ground?
TheRealVille Wrote:^Was Martin allowed to stand his ground against the man following him. Doesn't "not having to retreat" come under Florida's stand your ground?

Absurd liberal spin. It looks like any body with two brain cells that are even remotely familiar with each other, could see that Martin abandoned his own ground and was standing on top of Zimmerman and the ground Zimmerman was on, LOL.

Four minutes, that's how long Martin had to lurk about in the bushes on a dark rainy night, waiting for Zimmerman to come back through. That is premeditated by any definition and what's more, demonstrates without question that if Trayvon was truly scared, he'd have certainly scrammed on into his Dad's girlfriend's condo, the front door of which was only steps away. A guy that's scared doesn't wait in the dark to confront somebody he's scared of. And, the last point you continue to ignore is that the Sheriff's department ruled it self defense and refused to charge Zimmerman for any crime whatever. All of which led to the eventual dismissal of him and the prosecutor, who refused to charge Zimmerman for the same reasons. IT'S POLITICAL

PS Now you and others are mad because a kangaroo court couldn't convince a jury of his peers that he did anything wrong either, go figure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Absurd liberal spin. It looks like any body with two brain cells that are even remotely familiar with each other, could see that Martin abandoned his own ground and was standing on top of Zimmerman and the ground Zimmerman was on, LOL.

Four minutes, that's how long Martin had to lurk about in the bushes on a dark rainy night, waiting for Zimmerman to come back through. That is premeditated by any definition and what's more, demonstrates without question that if Trayvon was truly scared, he'd have certainly scrammed on into his Dad's girlfriend's condo, the front door of which was only steps away. A guy that's scared doesn't wait in the dark to confront somebody he's scared of. And, the last point you continue to ignore is that the Sheriff's department ruled it self defense and refused to charge Zimmerman for any crime whatever. All of which led to the eventual dismissal of him and the prosecutor, who refused to charge Zimmerman for the same reasons. IT'S POLITICAL

PS Now you and others are mad because a kangaroo court couldn't convince a jury of his peers that he did anything wrong either, go figure.
They were getting ready to file manslaughter charges when the state took over and upped it to murder. It wasn't the sherriff, it was the police chief. City council voted 3 out of 5 on a vote of no confidence, causing him to step down. Get your facts straight.
The pressure to indict came from Washington and Tallahassee.

If Martin had lived, would he have been charged with assault and battery or some similar crime? Not likely for obvious reasons. However, I also believe he could have claimed stand your ground or self defense if he could demonstrate that he was in fear of serious bodily harm or death.

It was likely his tough luck that he used his fists and Zimmerman had a gun. That fact convinces me that it is wise to carry a gun. I certainly do and I recommend that others do the same.
TheRealVille Wrote:They were getting ready to file manslaughter charges when the state took over and upped it to murder. It wasn't the sherriff, it was the police chief. City council voted 3 out of 5 on a vote of no confidence, causing him to step down. Get your facts straight.
Pot, meet kettle!!
Obama just finished giving his expected whiny racist spin on the Martin matter. Among his laments was that blacks are scrutinized more in public than are whites. In traditionally white neighborhoods, that is certainly true. Of course, whites are scrutinized more in black neighborhoods. I see that as a natural reaction for both.

For example, I like in an exclusively white neighborhood. If two blacks are walking in my neighborhood near or after dark, I'll guarantee you that I will watch them far closer than I would two whites doing the same. I feel no guilt whatsoever, I offer no apology, and I assume most of you would do the same.
TheRealVille Wrote:They were getting ready to file manslaughter charges when the state took over and upped it to murder. It wasn't the sherriff, it was the police chief. City council voted 3 out of 5 on a vote of no confidence, causing him to step down. Get your facts straight.

:biglmao: As I was typing out my post, I wondered how you would manage to reduce it's substance to some obscure minutia you would feel comfortable attacking. I said the original prosecutor wouldn't indict Zimmerman. In fact, the thing never even went to a grand jury. And so, the governor brought in Angela Corey to replace the uncooperative Norm Wolfinger. The Sheriff did investigate the matter and would not charge Zimmerman. The police chief was the one who got canned, but a lot of arm twisting went on to get the council votes needed for a simple majority to run him off, not to mention all the protesting and complaints that erupted by the townsfolk.

This is the only way you can respond to logic, pour over a post and find any little detail to haggle about. Heads rolled, and in spite of the left's best punches, justice prevailed.

PS --- "Wolfinger was criticized for making the decision that there was insufficient evidence for a conviction of George Zimmerman on the charge of manslaughter. Wolfinger has expressed surprise at the national spotlight and the reaction to his decision. Zimmerman was found not guilty after being tried by another prosecutor in a state court." [Wiki]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote::biglmao: As I was typing out my post, I wondered how you would manage to reduce it's substance to some obscure minutia you would feel comfortable attacking. I said the original [B]prosecutor wouldn't indict Zimmerman.[/B] In fact, the thing never even went to a grand jury. And so, the governor brought in Angela Corey to replace the uncooperative Norm Wolfinger. The Sheriff did investigate the matter and would not charge Zimmerman. The police chief was the one who got canned, but a lot of arm twisting went on to get the council votes needed for a simple majority to run him off, not to mention all the protesting and complaints that erupted by the townsfolk.

This is the only way you can respond to logic, pour over a post and find any little detail to haggle about. Heads rolled, and in spite of the left's best punches, justice prevailed.

PS --- "Wolfinger was criticized for making the decision that there was insufficient evidence for a conviction of George Zimmerman on the charge of manslaughter. Wolfinger has expressed surprise at the national spotlight and the reaction to his decision. Zimmerman was found not guilty after being tried by another prosecutor in a state court." [Wiki]
No you didn't. Again, get your facts straight.

Quote:And, the last point you continue to ignore is that the Sheriff's department ruled it self defense and refused to charge Zimmerman for any crime whatever. All of which led to the eventual dismissal of him and the prosecutor, who refused to charge Zimmerman for the same reasons. -
TheRealThing Wrote::biglmao: As I was typing out my post, I wondered how you would manage to reduce it's substance to some obscure minutia you would feel comfortable attacking. I said the original prosecutor wouldn't indict Zimmerman. In fact, the thing never even went to a grand jury. And so, the governor brought in Angela Corey to replace the uncooperative Norm Wolfinger. The Sheriff did investigate the matter and would not charge Zimmerman. The police chief was the one who got canned, but a lot of arm twisting went on to get the council votes needed for a simple majority to run him off, not to mention all the protesting and complaints that erupted by the townsfolk.

Why did the prosecutor tell the police chief to not file charges, on the night of the shooting? Is that enough time to figure everything out?
TheRealVille Wrote:No you didn't. Again, get your facts straight.

Oh yes I did, and more than once. I have posted on the matter and it wouldn't be hard to look up. My facts are straight, whereas yours are liberal fiction. If you're desperate to win a point, and we all know you are, I already conceded it was the police CHIEF who got ran off. So, the rest of the post which, constitutes the substance of my post is very accurate. The point was and is accurate. Two very high ups took a fall rather than go against the law in a political witch hunt to make a white/Hispanic :please: pay. A police CHIEF (gotta make sure I get his title just right), and the State Attorney.

Those who were appointed to succeed them did their best to falsely imprison Zimmerman on those trumped up charges and it didn't work. Because, IT WAS POLITICAL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:^Was Martin allowed to stand his ground against the man following him. Doesn't "not having to retreat" come under Florida's stand your ground?

Maybe trayvon was just out bashing some gays?
so hiding in bushes now constitute not retreating? Trayvon laid in wait and attack Zimmerman