Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's promises to us.
We've read about the "ploys" and "tricks" of the devil.... and thank God He gave us warnings about our enemy and the ways he will attack us on every hand and the punishment for not accepting Jesus.

Now here's the best part... the reason why we struggle along. God's promises to us.

Deuteronomy ch. 31 (KJV)
6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew ch. 28 (KJV)
20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John ch. 10 (KJV)
10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Exodus ch. 3 (KJV)
2 - And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 - And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 - And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And He said, Here am I.

5 - And He said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 - Moreover He said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

7 - And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

8 - And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

9 - Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

10 - Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

11 - And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

12 - And He said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

13 - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 - And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.
If God speaks and tells you to do something.... He has already made the way.

It may not be the easiest way or the way you think it should be.... be He told us in Deuteronomy ch. 31 ver. 6 (KJV) that He would never fail or forsake thee.

And He proves that promise to us countless times in The Bible. One of my favorite examples is when God parts the Red Sea for Moses and the childern of Israel.

Exodus ch. 14 (KJV)
1 - And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 - Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baalzephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea.

3 - For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They are entangled in the land, the wilderness hath shut them in.

4 - And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the Lord. And they did so.

5 - And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?

6 - And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him:

7 - And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them.

8 - And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.

9 - But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon.

10 - And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the Lord.

11 - And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?

12 - Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.

13 - And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

14 - The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

15 - And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:

16 - But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.

17 - And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

18 - And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

19 - And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

20 - And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

21 - And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

22 - And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

23 - And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.

24 - And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the Lord looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

25 - And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

26 - And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.

27 - And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

28 - And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.

29 - But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

30 - Thus the Lord saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore.

31 - And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the Lord, and believed the Lord, and his servant Moses.
Every Bible in the world could be destroyed but as long as this verse remained in tact... it could save every person under the sun.

John ch. 3 (KJV)
16 - For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts ch. 16 (KJV)
30 - And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 - And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Romans ch. 10 (KJV)
9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

It's easy to be saved.... God has gave us step-by-step instructions...... And it is FREE!!
I love this song, it's full of God's promises to us.... it's called "Didn't I Walk on the Water"

As I kneel in the darkness in the middle of the night
I’m praying for assurance that everything’s gonna be alright
Lord I see another battle that's out in front of me
I’m afraid I won’t be able and I’ll go down in defeat

But He said, didn't I walk on the water and calm the raging seas
I spoke to the wind, it hushed and I gave you peace
Didn’t I run to your rescue didn’t I hear you when you called
I walked right beside you just so you wouldn’t fall
Didn’t I leave all of Heaven just to die for your sin
I searched until I found you and I’d do it all again

He said, do you remember where I brought you from
Just take a look behind you at how far you’ve come
And everytime you asked me, didn’t I deliver you
So why would you be thinking that I wouldn’t see you through

But He said, didn't I walk on the water and calm the raging seas

Now she’s talking to her father in a house that was once a home
She said my bills are coming due Lord and six days is not that long
Then she hears a voice so still and low
It says I’ve moved like that before
I’ll do this little thing and I’ll give you so much more

But He said, I walked on the water and calmed the raging sea
This chapter is FULL of God's promises to us.

John ch. 14 (KJV)
[COLOR="Red"]1 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 - In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 - And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 - And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.[/COLOR]

5 - Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 - Jesus saith unto him, [COLOR="red"]I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 - If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.[/COLOR]

8 - Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 - Jesus saith unto him, [COLOR="red"]Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 - Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 - Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 - And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 - If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 - Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 - I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 - Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 - At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 - He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.[/COLOR]

22 - Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 - Jesus answered and said unto him, [COLOR="red"]If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 - He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 - These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 - But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I

29 - And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 - Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 - But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.[/COLOR]
Thank God for His Mercy and Grace.
Genesis ch. 1 (KJV)
1 - In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.

The first four words of The Bible set the tone for the remainder of eternity.
Psalms ch. 23 (KJV)
6 - Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Goodness and Mercy.....

In Biblical times, richer sheppard's would use dog's called "Footmen". The footmen would keep the sheep in the herd. (SHOUT!!!!)

Goodness and Mercy are the footmen of our salvation.
2 Chronicles ch. 7:14 (KJV)
14 - If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He tells us in the first part of this scripture what we must do for God to take action
"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways"

The second part of this verse is God telling us what He will do... or His promise.
"then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Notice the word "Their" is used. Not His, My or Mine. He his telling us that WE have the power to change our land. He gives us a step-by-step guide on how to heal our nation.

This verse is a perfect example of the way God works. He gives us commandments/directions to abide by and He pins everything on a promise that He will follow through. That's why Faith is so important. If God tells us to do something, He's already got every detail planned out and He already knows the outcome. But we have to believe what He tells us is the truth and we have to have the faith that it will happen.

And just incase your wondering.....
God has NEVER EVER been wrong.
God has NEVER EVER told a lie.
God has NEVER EVER not followed through on a promise that He's made.

He may not have given everybody the answer they were looking/hoping for, but that's not the way God operates. God has a will, and His will.... will be done.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=164714

Here is a thread I made just for the above verse.... 2 Chronicles ch. 7:14 (KJV)
Pulp Fiction Wrote:We've read about the "ploys" and "tricks" of the devil.... and thank God He gave us warnings about our enemy and the ways he will attack us on every hand and the punishment for not accepting Jesus.

Now here's the best part... the reason why we struggle along. God's promises to us.

Deuteronomy ch. 31 (KJV)
6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew ch. 28 (KJV)
20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John ch. 10 (KJV)
10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Exodus ch. 3 (KJV)
2 - And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 - And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 - And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And He said, Here am I.

5 - And He said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 - Moreover He said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

7 - And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

8 - And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

9 - Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

10 - Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

11 - And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

12 - And He said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

13 - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14 - And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Had to re-do... make sure the Red words are correct. Those are pretty important.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed