Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixon vs NSA
Well President Nixon wiretapped one office phone and was forced to resign
NSA wiretaps 300+ million phones and no one blinks. What kind of world are we living in?
nky Wrote:Well President Nixon wiretapped one office phone and was forced to resign
NSA wiretaps 300+ million phones and no one blinks. What kind of world are we living in?

The "fundamentally transformed" world of Obama's vision?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Obama administration could have taught Nixon a thing or two about properly executing a cover-up. I'll bet that it never occurred to Nixon to change G. Gordon Liddy's name to hide him from investigators and I don't recall hearing anything about federal employees being subjected to monthly polygraph exams by Nixon to ensure that they did not cooperate with Congressional investigators either.

Obama has done nothing positive for this country since he took office in 2009 but he has perfected the art of the federal government cover-up. I think that we have finally found something that Obama has a gift for besides prompter reading.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The Obama administration could have taught Nixon a thing or two about properly executing a cover-up. I'll bet that it never occurred to Nixon to change G. Gordon Liddy's name to hide him from investigators and I don't recall hearing anything about federal employees being subjected to monthly polygraph exams by Nixon to ensure that they did not cooperate with Congressional investigators either.

Obama has done nothing positive for this country since he took office in 2009 but he has perfected the art of the federal government cover-up. I think that we have finally found something that Obama has a gift for besides prompter reading.

I saw that Thursday night. I am now convinced that 2014 will tell the tale. If republicans don't take over the Senate and retain the House as the result of the mid-terms, I will be ready to admit it's really over for the US. That doesn't mean I am ready to give up or give in, but one must be a realist to avoid insignificance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know about everybody else but, at one time when I considered the function of the CIA, I saw them as being fiercely patriotic and sworn to defend the interests of the USA, to the last man and the last bullet. And, I saw them as somewhat partitioned from the direct philosophical control of current office holders. In other words, I thought they were at least partially autonomous. A view I now reject.

I have come to realize that when a new administration comes to power, they control operational philosophies and goals with 'seeded' management officials, newly appointed by the president. The cliché "there's a new sheriff in town" means that everything to do with law enforcement is now different from the established norm. In no way can I accept this idea that is being put forth that there is a wide divide between the Oval Office and the State Department, or the IRS, or the CIA, the EPA, OSHA, and especially the DOJ. These guys get their strings pulled from administration officials. That's why they call it an ADMINISTRATION. They administrate or govern, from their perspective. In this case a "fundamentally transformed" perspective.

It is insulting to anybody with half a brain to have to endure yet another smoke screen enveloped dodge about how there is some investigation being launched to find out what happened in Benghazi or the IRS. The State Department directed diplomatic personnel assigned to Libya to follow the exact course of action, to which they were no doubt, fully compliant. And somebody directed IRS powers the like of Lois Lerner, to go after conservative groups that may have posed a threat to the reelection likelihood of BHO.

The congress may yet be able to expose the lurid details associated with all these scandals. There are two things that trouble me about that. First, rational folks know they are being fed distortions and dazzled by tactics of misdirection when they hear them. At one time guileful official statements of such magnitude would have enraged the national media and the common man. The fact that in our time being misled in such important matters seems to mean nothing, is a frightening prospect. To me, this absence or reprisal is a real problem. And so, the question begs to be asked; how can "we the people" be a self governing society if we are force fed lie after lie, after distortion?

Secondly, what can the Congress really do to cause a co-equal Executive Branch to conform to the best traditions of the United States if they choose not to cooperate? Possibly nothing much. The power is in the voting booth. We must vote out the liberal cancer that will eventually kill this land. And, we must begin the process in 2014.

Investigations not withstanding, what suicidal lunacy it would be if "the people", choose to lay down the incredible power bequeathed to them by the founding fathers and the millions who have sacrificed life and limb gone on before. Those sacrifices were made in an effort to guarantee the freedom each of us enjoy in the form of our right and privilege, but more importantly our obligation, to vote in a way that protects and preserves our heritage. To deny this civic charge, means we are doomed pure and simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]