Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavalier Baseball
The Cavalier Baseball Team Should Be Good This Year. I Think And Hopefully Will Do Better Than Last Year's Season Record.
Anyone Agree.?
They still have a young team from what I understand, but I agree that they may improve upon last year's season. That's the outlook anyway.

Who are some of the players who may stand out?
They have to improve..They were pretty bad last season and I really dont see them getting any worse.
They will improve if they can get some of their better athletes to come out and play. Who is the baseball coach at Jenkins?
Their standouts will be the Puckett kid, Grimm, Wilder kid, the Hunsucker kid, and the Taylor kid if he plays..............they will be good this year maybe win their district!!!!
Scott Anderson is the new head coach and he is doing a very good job
Hands_80 Wrote:their standouts will be the puckett kid, grimm, wilder kid, the hunsucker kid, and the taylor kid if he plays..............they will be good this year maybe win their district!!!!
Scott Anderson is the new head coach and he is doing a very good job

If you think that Jenkins will beat Letcher Central out of the district tournament then you are crazy. There is no chance that they can compete at that level.
They had a a good pitcher last year that was realy young
Jenkins will be young..I see them last in the district..and there is no possible way they could beat LCC..Jenkins wont be able to beat JBS or KCC..there to young..maybe a little better than last year..but not near as good at the Cougars Patriots or the Crusaders.
baseschucked Wrote:If you think that Jenkins will beat Letcher Central out of the district tournament then you are crazy. There is no chance that they can compete at that level.

Jenkins has at least five players,very good players, that weren't out this past year. That will make a big difference. And if Jenkins puts their mind to it they can beat LCC.
Why did they not play?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Why did they not play?

Puckett, Wilder, and Hunsucker play football, basketball, and baseball and I guess they just need a break from constant practices and games...Grimm is a runner and usually does track during baseball season...Taylor plays football and does a track event during baseball season also. I am pretty sure all five are coming out this season, which should improve Jenkins baseball program greatly.
I just want to know why everyone thinks that LCC is such a powerhouse and cant be beat
Hands_80 Wrote:and i just want to know why everyone thinks that LCC is such a powerhouse and cant be beat

All LCC players are rich whitesburg boys. There not great to everyone says they are
Tpx_Slugger5 Wrote:All LCC players are rich Whitesburg boys. There not great to everyone says they are
There's rich people in Whitesburg?
If Jenkins can get all there players out for baseball, they will do good
Yeah Jenkins Will Be Good This Year!
Hope the baseball program can get turned around at Jenkins soon
Well Right Now They Got A Great Coach They Just Need The Players
Look for Jenkins to improve their record this year...tremendously..
Hope we can get all our players out
Anderson coaching?
Boomer86 Wrote:Anderson coaching?
Yeah he is.
They should be good if everyone comes out.
Anderson knows alot about baseball...
The kids that are going to be playing this year have been playing together for years, probably since they was 4 years old, so look for them to be good
Baseball is a VERY hard sport to just jump back into though! 1 year off is hard to gain back...Good Luck CAVS!
Actually LCC wouldn't know if Jenkins is any good, their varsity didn't even go to the games, they let their freshman and 8th graders play the game to try and get them some experience, so actually they might be the LCC varsity team, but I honestly don't think they can since they didn't compete with the J.V. sorry, as for them having rich kids, since when did money matter when playing, they didn't have to pay anybody off to win, that was irrelevent, if Jenkins does have all their players come out it will help, but they still won't be able to compete with KCC or LCC.
I agree with Green on this one....LCC did not bring any of there varsity players and the only people who did play were 8th graders and freshman...IMO there is no chance for Jenkins to make any noise in the district and should not even be mentioned with teams like LCC and KCC
Anyone even being serious about Jenkins being good this year?
Jenkins will be young..i see them last in the district..and there is no possible way they could beat LCC..Jenkins wont be able to beat JBS or KCC..there to young..maybe a little better than last year..but not near as good at the cougars patriots or the crusaders.

I agree. Altought JBS hasnt been very good in the last few years Jenkins still has no chance of beating them. I look for them to improve this year. They have a new coach and Jenkins will not beat them.