Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embassy Closings Described as "UNPRECIDENTED."
"The shuttering of 22 U.S. embassies and consulates for the day Sunday amid fears of an al Qaeda attack is an unprecedented move."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/04/politics/u...index.html

Not since the days of WW2 have American citizens been under a global travel advisory. This one is scheduled to be up for the projected term of the terror warnings, linked to the conclusion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 7. On September 11, 2012, the coordinated attack on an American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, also was conducted at the conclusion of that holy period.

Al Qaeda is on the run all right. :please: How many could have ever dreamed that Americans would see the day when they were forced to cower behind the 'relative' protection of their own borders?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:"The shuttering of 22 U.S. embassies and consulates for the day Sunday amid fears of an al Qaeda attack is an unprecedented move."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/04/politics/u...index.html

Not since the days of WW2 have American citizens been under a global travel advisory. This one is scheduled to be up for the projected term of the terror warnings, linked to the conclusion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 7. On September 11, 2012, the coordinated attack on an American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, also was conducted at the conclusion of that holy period.

Al Qaeda is on the run all right. :please: How many could have ever dreamed that Americans would see the day when they were forced to cower behind the 'relative' protection of their own borders?
Today is also Obama's birthday and there has been some speculation that may factor into the possible timing of the attack. Maybe shutting down the embassies today was intended to at least delay the attacks so that they would not rain on Dear Leader's party. I am sorry to suspect the worst from this administration, but Obama has done nothing to cause anybody to expect much else from him.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Today is also Obama's birthday and there has been some speculation that may factor into the possible timing of the attack. Maybe shutting down the embassies today was intended to at least delay the attacks so that they would not rain on Dear Leader's party. I am sorry to suspect the worst from this administration, but Obama has done nothing to cause anybody to expect much else from him.

I had heard about today being O's 50th. Just didn't put the two together. Of course, people like me tend to miss the irony sometimes since we don't have hundreds of folks on payroll doing 24/7 damage control. Speculation or not, it is more than believable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obama's tenure will be known as the "Era of the Pansy".
I believe there was a threat to American Citizens or they wouldn't have issued a global travel advisory. It had nothing to do with Obama's birthday.
adopted purple Wrote:I believe there was a threat to American Citizens or they wouldn't have issued a global travel advisory. It had nothing to do with Obama's birthday.

Terrorists often tie their vicious attacks against civilians to a certain date. Do you think the Benghazi attacks last September 11, had anything to do with September 11, 2001?

Terrorists hate Obama with a passion or we wouldn't be shuttering 22 foreign embassies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]