Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama cancels talks with Putin
Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama formally canceled a much-discussed visit to Moscow next month for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin, citing a lack of progress in bilateral relations since Putin regained the presidency a year ago.
Obama will still attend a G-20 summit in St. Petersburg in early September, but now will go to Sweden beforehand instead of stopping in Moscow to meet with Putin, the White House announced.
"Following a careful review begun in July, we have reached the conclusion that there is not enough recent progress in our bilateral agenda with Russia to hold a U.S.-Russia Summit in early September," a White House statement said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/politics/o...?hpt=hp_t2
How many people think this is over Snowden?
or pandering to the gay rights folks?

President Barack Obama said Tuesday he has “no patience for countries that try to treat gays or lesbians or transgender persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them.”
Speaking to “Tonight Show” host Jay Leno, the president was asked by the host about recent legislation in Russia that cracks down on gay rights.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...in-russia/
nky Wrote:How many people think this is over Snowden?
or pandering to the gay rights folks?

President Barack Obama said Tuesday he has “no patience for countries that try to treat gays or lesbians or transgender persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them.”
Speaking to “Tonight Show” host Jay Leno, the president was asked by the host about recent legislation in Russia that cracks down on gay rights.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...in-russia/

I would say that Putin is still sitting rolling around in the floor laughing that the leader of another "world power" country would discontinue diplomatic talks over something and actually quote that reason as being something as utterly stupid as a gay rights issue. How come he doesn't discontinue such talks with countries that oppress their people with really important things such as slave type labor issues, or those countries that will murder their citizens for not worshipping the way the government wants them to. How comes this fool doesn't discontinue talks with such countries as China and boycott all of the products they send to the US that are made with what amounts to nothing more than slave labor..... This has got to be the sorriest excuse of a leader of a world power in the entire history of history..............What an idiot!!!!!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:I would say that Putin is still sitting rolling around in the floor laughing that the leader of another "world power" country would discontinue diplomatic talks over something and actually quote that reason as being something as utterly stupid as a gay rights issue. How come he doesn't discontinue such talks with countries that oppress their people with really important reasons such as slave type labor issues, or those countries that will murder their citizens for not worshipping the way the government wants them to. How comes this fool doesn't discontinue talks with such countries as China and boycott all of the products they send to the US that are made with what amounts to nothing more than slave labor..... This has got to be the sorriest excuse of a leader of a world power in the entire history of history..............What an idiot!!!!!!!

Because money talks and China has a lot of it and we are so in debt with China. If Obama was to boycott China the money flow would stop and he would have no way of hiding the financial ruin this country is in, not that he can hide it from the people with a brain to think and eyes to see.
Barry the Pansy doesn't even know that track, gymnastics, and swimming are not a part of the winter games. Of course, no one ever accused him of being knowledgeable in regard to athletics. He just knows that some of tthe "athletes" are homosexuals and those are, after all, one of his true core constituencies.
So, now we are willing to challenge world powers based on how they view the sexually depraved? What a nightmare. Before Obama came to office in 2008 we had a live and let live approach to the sin of homosexuality and those who practiced that lifestyle. Among Obama's top five agenda items was the repeal of DADT. Now, before we will acknowledge you on the world stage, you had better be tolerant of gays and cross dressers or the president of the United States will declare he has "no patience" for you.

Are you kidding me? I guarantee Putin is "rolling on the floor" as Bob suggests. I mean, it just feels like the walls are closing in on us. Thumbing our nose at Russia because they won't put homosexuals up on the same kind of social pedestal as liberals have achieved in the USA? You just can't make this stuff up. Does anyone else realize what is going here? It's a matter of time until holdouts to the liberal cause will be prosecuted under hate laws. I foresee a time when churches will be ordered to stop preaching the Gospel and start teaching and preaching a pro-homosexual discourse. At that time, true Christians will have to be willing to go to jail for remaining true to God's clearly worded tenets with regard to morality.

It scared me when I realized that a majority rejected Romney, opting instead for another 4 years of Obama. Not yet a year in to his second term and look at the liberal circus which is the federal government of the United States. Scandals rock our land, Benghazi, the IRS, the NSA, the revealed joke which is supposed to represent viable US foreign policy. No matter what happens they just spin it and repackage it and enough people will accept what they hear it seems, for them to keep their head above the water. Democratic congressmen are suggesting that the federal government has the right to tax any amount they need to fund the social programs. Reality and truth are on their heads, the people are supposed to be the ones with rights, not the government which, is supposed to be just an extension of the people. Rep Keith Ellison --- “The bottom line is we’re not broke, there’s plenty of money, it’s just the government doesn’t have it,” said Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), “The government has a right, the government and the people of the United States have a right to run the programs of the United States. Health, welfare, housing – all these things.”

According to Representative Ellison, the government is not in danger of going broke; because great innovative figures such as himself can re-appropriate a 100 year old idea in an effort to take more of your money. Try to wrap your brain around this: We have an elected representative explaining that government has the “right” to any personal wealth in this nation for the sake of running programs not enumerated in any foundational document of the United States. I guess that goes to prove that most congressman know the constitution about as well as Nancy Pelosi knew the Affordable Care Act.
http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/m.../page/full

We are in big trouble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:So, now we are willing to challenge world powers based on how they view the sexually depraved? What a nightmare. Before Obama came to office in 2008 we had a live and let live approach to the sin of homosexuality and those who practiced that lifestyle. Among Obama's top five agenda items was the repeal of DADT. Now, before we will acknowledge you on the world stage, you had better be tolerant of gays and cross dressers or the president of the United States will declare he has "no patience" for you.

Are you kidding me? I guarantee Putin is "rolling on the floor" as Bob suggests. I mean, it just feels like the walls are closing in on us. Thumbing our nose at Russia because they won't put homosexuals up on the same kind of social pedestal as liberals have achieved in the USA? You just can't make this stuff up. Does anyone else realize what is going here? It's a matter of time until holdouts to the liberal cause will be prosecuted under hate laws. I foresee a time when churches will be ordered to stop preaching the Gospel and start teaching and preaching a pro-homosexual discourse. At that time, true Christians will have to be willing to go to jail for remaining true to God's clearly worded tenets with regard to morality.

It scared me when I realized that a majority rejected Romney, opting instead for another 4 years of Obama. Not yet a year in to his second term and look at the liberal circus which is the federal government of the United States. Scandals rock our land, Benghazi, the IRS, the NSA, the revealed joke which is supposed to represent viable US foreign policy. No matter what happens they just spin it and repackage it and enough people will accept what they hear it seems, for them to keep their head above the water. Democratic congressmen are suggesting that the federal government has the right to tax any amount they need to fund the social programs. Reality and truth are on their heads, the people are supposed to be the ones with rights, not the government which, is supposed to be just an extension of the people. Rep Keith Ellison --- “The bottom line is we’re not broke, there’s plenty of money, it’s just the government doesn’t have it,” said Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), “The government has a right, the government and the people of the United States have a right to run the programs of the United States. Health, welfare, housing – all these things.”

According to Representative Ellison, the government is not in danger of going broke; because great innovative figures such as himself can re-appropriate a 100 year old idea in an effort to take more of your money. Try to wrap your brain around this: We have an elected representative explaining that government has the “right” to any personal wealth in this nation for the sake of running programs not enumerated in any foundational document of the United States. I guess that goes to prove that most congressman know the constitution about as well as Nancy Pelosi knew the Affordable Care Act.
http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/m.../page/full

We are in big trouble.

Now that is a legitimate reason to oust a Representative...on the edge of burning at the stake. I don't mean that literally, but wow!
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Now that is a legitimate reason to oust a Representative...on the edge of burning at the stake. I don't mean that literally, but wow!

I don't know if you recall but, I have mentioned in the past, now that the handouts have gotten started, those who receive them think they were born to them because to them, that is their birthright and this is what America does. And I said further, if they were to stop any of those handouts, we would see violence in the streets. Jay-Z threatened that very scenario on TV. http://glpiggy.net/2013/08/03/a-have-pre...have-nots/ Saying that "if the gap between the haves and the have nots continues to widen", or the way I took it was when minorities finally get fed up, "there wouldn't be enough police to solve the problems erupting from black folks suffering from oppression". So, not only do they take the freebies for granted, he's saying that is not enough. And that miserable Barney Frank sat beside him and agreed with Jay-Z.

And now, we have black congressmen and Senators, who I believe are only there to represent the minorities and fleece the rest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I don't know if you recall but, I have mentioned in the past, now that the handouts have gotten started, those who receive them think they were born to them because to them, that is their birthright and this is what America does. And I said further, if they were to stop any of those handouts, we would see violence in the streets. Jay-Z threatened that very scenario on TV. http://glpiggy.net/2013/08/03/a-have-pre...have-nots/ Saying that "if the gap between the haves and the have nots continues to widen", or the way I took it was when minorities finally get fed up, "there wouldn't be enough police to solve the problems erupting from black folks suffering from oppression". So, not only do they take the freebies for granted, he's saying that is not enough. And that miserable Barney Frank sat beside him and agreed with Jay-Z.

And now, we have black congressmen and Senators, who I believe are only there to represent the minorities and fleece the rest.

Something tells me the "eruption" jay-z threatens of won't end like he invisions.

This kind of talk (including my own talk) is a direct result of having a President more interested in social justice than displaying leadership. Obama has the leadership skills of a newborn and has yet to earn his first dollar as Commander in Chief.
The Republicans can win if they can find a female, half black, atheist, homosexual, Muslim sympathizer named Pedro who graduated from Harvard, is an unemployed community organizer, and a life member of the National Education Association. That would give them an "in" in most all of the Democrat strongholds.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Something tells me the "eruption" jay-z threatens of won't end like he invisions.

This kind of talk (including my own talk) is a direct result of having a President more interested in social justice than displaying leadership. Obama has the leadership skills of a newborn and has yet to earn his first dollar as Commander in Chief.

Agree. One thing's for sure, there really is no place to draw the line now that the demand for entitlements has the nation in it's grip. Rich people will only give so much to the cause so, it looks to me like the middle class will once again be saddled with the tab.

There is a problem though, they bit off more than they could chew with this ObamaCare debacle. Funding for ObamaCare will literally obliterate the savings for most of those who have managed to have any savings, and will prevent the rest from ever being able to start. Skyrocketing costs in the form of energy, and medical care will consume anything left over after the rising cost of food and other bills are paid. Once savings are gone and credit unions have loaned their last, houses will go into foreclosure and America, the wonder of the world, will see the last of her wealth siphoned off into handout oblivion.

Keith Ellison and Jay Z are examples of people who were born into the society envisioned by Lyndon Baines Johnson. They speak with great passion when they say government programs are the right of the people. The irony here is that our society was indeed great at the time LBJ actually started the entitlement culture. Some entitlements are probably necessary. Social Security, the food stamp safety net, limited medicare, ER level care for those who can't pay, all are feasible programs. The conception of the "Great Society" was the start of our national slide into decline. In fact, shortly after the inception of the more liberally humane ideas of 'guiltless welfare' came to pass, cradle to grave entitlements became full blown. And, in so doing, we thusly ensured folks a life of ease, and it was then only a question of time as to when the demand for entitlements would outstrip our nation's ability to provide them.

Though I disagree totally with handing the millions of those who are too lazy to work, every possible convenience, it really isn't just a matter of morality. It is a matter of economics. At some point the confluence of the ramifications of the immoral practice of living on the substance of others and the reality of the limitations of how much money working people may be forced to give to the cause, reach their limits. At that point working folks and non-working will literally have exchanged places, making the non-working folks much better off than their working counterparts. Those making a hundred thousand dollars a year could soon be living on about 35 thousand of that and the rest will go to the takers. Add to that, the democrats' willingness to exploit the situation, using the vast throngs of the listless as endlessly expanding vote farms, and you get the eventual downfall of our culture via our own federal government. The paradox in all this is voters still hold the power to straighten this mess out by voting with integrity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Agree. One thing's for sure, there really is no place to draw the line now that the demand for entitlements has the nation in it's grip. Rich people will only give so much to the cause so, it looks to me like the middle class will once again be saddled with the tab.

There is a problem though, they bit off more than they could chew with this ObamaCare debacle. Funding for ObamaCare will literally obliterate the savings for most of those who have managed to have any savings, and will prevent the rest from ever being able to start. Skyrocketing costs in the form of energy, and medical care will consume anything left over after the rising cost of food and other bills are paid. Once savings are gone and credit unions have loaned their last, houses will go into foreclosure and America, the wonder of the world, will see the last of her wealth siphoned off into handout oblivion.

Keith Ellison and Jay Z are examples of people who were born into the society envisioned by Lyndon Baines Johnson. They speak with great passion when they say government programs are the right of the people. The irony here is that our society was indeed great at the time LBJ actually started the entitlement culture. Some entitlements are probably necessary. Social Security, the food stamp safety net, limited medicare, ER level care for those who can't pay, all are feasible programs. The conception of the "Great Society" was the start of our national slide into decline. In fact, shortly after the inception of the more liberally humane ideas of 'guiltless welfare' came to pass, cradle to grave entitlements became full blown. And, in so doing, we thusly ensured folks a life of ease, and it was then only a question of time as to when the demand for entitlements would outstrip our nation's ability to provide them.

Though I disagree totally with handing the millions of those who are too lazy to work, every possible convenience, it really isn't just a matter of morality. It is a matter of economics. At some point the confluence of the ramifications of the immoral practice of living on the substance of others and the reality of the limitations of how much money working people may be forced to give to the cause, reach their limits. At that point working folks and non-working will literally have exchanged places, making the non-working folks much better off than their working counterparts. Those making a hundred thousand dollars a year could soon be living on about 35 thousand of that and the rest will go to the takers. Add to that, the democrats' willingness to exploit the situation, using the vast throngs of the listless as endlessly expanding vote farms, and you get the eventual downfall of our culture via our own federal government. The paradox in all this is voters still hold the power to straighten this mess out by voting with integrity.

You know better. They will vote to continue getting free sh!t forever. And Obama and the Dems are working 24/7 to get more free sh!t people into the country and of course voting Dem in order to hold on to their power. The country will eventually fail when there aren't enough working people to pay for all the free sh!t. Then the liberal media will blame it all on Republicans.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:The Republicans can win if they can find a female, half black, atheist, homosexual, Muslim sympathizer named Pedro who graduated from Harvard, is an unemployed community organizer, and a life member of the National Education Association. That would give them an "in" in most all of the Democrat strongholds.

:lmao:

Love this, Harry!!!
jetpilot Wrote:You know better. They will vote to continue getting free sh!t forever. And Obama and the Dems are working 24/7 to get more free sh!t people into the country and of course voting Dem in order to hold on to their power. The country will eventually fail when there aren't enough working people to pay for all the free sh!t. Then the liberal media will blame it all on Republicans.

As things stand right now, there are somewhere around 73 million baby boomers out there, the vast majority of whom are eligible to vote. If there is any likelihood whatever that as a people, we can wake up and save ourselves, it will be they who must do the waking.

The reason I say this is because younger folks do not have the same point of reference from which to reason. That is why I chose Jay Z and the Congressman from Minnesota as examples of modern man's mindset. The only way the younger generation will ever come to terms with reality is through the fires of trial. In other words, they would need to suffer great threat and great loss to get the same education the "great generation" did as the result of WW2 and the great economic boom following the war. Unlike the Jay Z's and the Keith Ellisons of our time, they know how absurd the notion of living on handouts really is. Not to oversimplify the matter but, the whole thing is a matter of perspective really.

It has been easy for the sublimely naïve liberal progressive among us, to build a philosophy and a pipedream vision based on conjecture, because like in the case of ObamaCare, there are no reality checks to deal with along the way until it comes time to pay for it all. As Congressman Ellison correctly stated, there is a lot of money out there. The question is how the moron thinks the nation can continue to survive if government continues to, for all intent and purpose, rob it's citizenry of their hard earned wealth. Only to give that wealth to minorities who have been taught to take comfort in being life long victims of their environment. In the case of American majorities, part of that environment is that they have been taught to believe they have been oppressed by the white man. Folks, no wonder Jay Z is warning that civil war is coming to a street near you.

At some point, the sheep will get tired of being shorn. And that is when the true scope of America's social divide will manifest itself. When one stops to think about it, it was only a question of time. There are two sides here, on the one hand you have the providers, and on the other the takers. That situation is not workable in the long term, especially in an economy that is in decline. Whether that be due to poor leadership or just a roll of the dice, there are limits to charity, even among the generous. I worry that when the problem manifests itself fully and openly it will already be too late. The takers have been taught to embrace their station in life with pride and a sense that they are not in any way at fault and, will therefore vote to keep the gravy train on schedule, regardless or any social stigma that may be associated for so doing.

I believe our ship of state is passing the outer marker. Safe harbor will after that point, be a 360 degree shot in the dark. To me, 2014 will tell the tale. If the boomers, the young conservatives (there are young conservatives BTW) and the church especially, mobilize the vote we might even the odds of living to fight again in 2016. If not, the nightmare of decline and groping in self inflicted darkness will continue.

Some nations may be able to get by governing at the secular level but, as for America, this loss of direction and looking for answers is the result of our having turned our back on God. We are a Christian nation and as such, we can never make a clean break with the Almighty, He would never allow that. The remedy then, is actually very simple. Here is the guaranteed formula for success;
2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV) 14 " If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. "
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think this has more to do with other issues that Russia's own laws. It's long past time to stop Russia from spitting in our faces with every chance they get. I doubt that will happen, but it needs to.
vundy33 Wrote:I think this has more to do with other issues that Russia's own laws. It's long past time to stop Russia from spitting in our faces with every chance they get. I doubt that will happen, but it needs to.

It will never happen as long as the pansy is in the White House.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:It will never happen as long as the pansy is in the White House.

Harry, you will remember the 'Bill Curry Era' in UK Football history. I was never a fan of the coach because he would come on radio after yet another humiliating loss and blame his players. Thusly excusing himself for his own coaching shortfalls. Steve Spurrier could have come in there and taken the very same guys and started winning almost immediately. Further, UK would have known nothing but success from that day forward.

Well, to me Obama is the consummate Bill Curry of US presidents. He made another televised speech yesterday. I only caught a few seconds of his canned and warmed over discourse, but in those few seconds he blamed Republicans for blocking his agenda again. The guy can't open his mouth without slamming Repubs, nor can he govern unless he has a super majority. And then, his idea of governing is to ram his ideological la-la liberal, tax payer funded, social programs down our throats. Anyway, God speed to the Republicans. They had darn well better block everything they can because, they're the only thing standing between traditional America and la-la oblivion. All conservative constituents should let their federal legislators know they support their efforts, GENERALLY, that is. The immigration amnesty bill has got to be defeated along with full implementation of the scourge of ObamaCare.

BTW, they just need to hang on until Nov of next year, then we'll see if there is anything left to fight for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]