Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney 5 Obama 0
2012 Presidential candidate Mitt Romney got an awfully lot right during his campaign, while Obama, who chided him as being either uninformed or a prisoner of the past, got it all wrong.

Romney's predictions:

1) Russia

"Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe. … They fight every cause for the world's worst actors. The... idea that [President Obama] has some more flexibility in mind for Russia is very, very troubling, indeed.

"Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage. … And for this president to be looking for greater flexibility, where he doesn't have to answer to the American people in his relations with Russia, is very, very troubling, very alarming."

2) Iran

"The president should have built a credible threat of military action and made it very clear that the United States of America is willing, in the final analysis, if necessary, to take military action to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon. Look, one thing you can know and that is if we reelect Barack Obama, Iran will have a nuclear weapon."

3) Israel

"We have a solemn duty and a moral imperative to deny Iran's leaders the means to follow through on their malevolent intentions. We must not delude ourselves into thinking that containment is an option."

4) Corporations

"Corporations are people, my friend. … Of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to people. Where do you think it goes?"

5) Illegal Immigration

"I've indicated I would veto the DREAM Act if provisions included in that act say that people who were here illegally — if they go to school here long enough, if they get a degree here — then they can become permanent residents. I think that's a mistake.

"We have to follow the law and insist that those that have come here illegally return home and apply — get in line with everyone else."
Read http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/mitt-ro...z36dLNkgxt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
We knew, to bad the 47%+ didnt
Romney who ? :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:Romney who ? :Sad04:

I keep hearing Romney is considering another run for 2016. Let us hope this is true. There are several things his candidacy will not fall victim to again. First, even the most self deluded among us realize he's not just another out of touch, rich, white guy. He is in fact, extremely well versed and articulate, as he is insightful. And, his record as governor of Massachusetts, sets him apart as a dynamic leader and manager. Not to mention the fact that he is by conviction, an extra racial adoptive parent. Second, There is no war on women. Now mind you, I didn't say that the proponents of abortion on demand, or that many of those who advocate gay rights, will vote for him. But, they don't have to. All that is necessary is for boomers and conservatives to wake up a little and he'll be fine. And third, were he to run, no end run style secret communique, will unhorse him as was the case when Candace Crowley and Obama cooked up their little answer for the Benghazi storm brewing among the media, who were at the time committed to actually report the news, and not to help make the news as is the predilection of pundits like Candace. Her actions were completely outside the rules format agreed to by both sides prior to the debate BTW. But hey, what's a little cheating among Democrats, right?

It was so obvious, I'm surprised more has not been made of it. When in the Presidential debates Romney had brought up the fact that Barack would not even voice the word terrorism, when speaking of our Embassy having been overrun by yet another band of terrorists. Candice Crowley took the cue from Barack and in less than 1 second, voiced testimony to support the President's claim that he had clearly labeled the incident as an act of terror during his famous "Rose Garden Speech." As a matter of fact, she had prepared the section of, out-of-context, text, that she intended to read as she hurried to produce the sheet from which she was about to read. As it turned out, Crowley did not need to actually read it because just her statement alone was sufficient to take Romney aback. He was not on stride in his comments, after that little media compliant coup de tat, for the rest of the debate sequence.

In short, the best the DNC smut machine could muster in the way of excavating dirt, was an obscure incident during Romney's high school days in which he was accused of bullying another student. Not much material to build a smear campaign on. But, that didn't stop the mud slinging by a long shot. No, in the absence of real substance to assassinate his character, they merely began making stuff up. Harry Reid for example, pronounced an incredible slur from the well the Senate. In which he accused Romney of not paying taxes for a full decade, though, he said he couldn't name the source. I look for things to be much different this go-round.

And FTR, shenanigans involving the so-called dead vote, absentee ballots, and the military vote, will get a lot more scrutiny than they did the last time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
We knew, to bad the 47%+ didnt

Isn't that the truth!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't resist putting this one up.

EXCERPT---
[SIZE="2"]"Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she's "usually not one to Told-Ya-So," but when it comes to her prediction in 2008 that Russia President Vladimir Putin would one day invade Ukraine, she's claiming her bragging rights.

Palin, on her Facebook page this weekend, said that when she was campaigning in 2008 as Republican presidential candidate John McCain's running mate, she was "derided" for predicting that the Ukraine would be invaded should then-Sen. Barack Obama be elected."[/SIZE]

Read http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/sarah-p...z38A4vR4Ns

This is nothing short of incredible when one considers how much abuse Dems have dished out with regard to Palin. I mean, all the laughing and mocking at her expense has been unprecedented and yet, not one Democrat I know of was smart enough or sage enough to see the forest for the trees regarding foreign policy across the board. Since 2008, they have yet to get one thing right. And where is the media? Back a few years ago, when common sense still ruled the day, had the Dems gotten this much egg on their faces the media would have had a field day. Cartoons and late nite talk shows would have had enough ammunition to last for months at the expense of the Dems who seemingly have all lost their minds.

So, we better make that Romney 5, Obama 0. And, Palin 1, Obama 0.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The more Romney talked the better I ended up liking him. I think he could run this country very well.
All I can say is thanks to all who voted for Obama!!! Now look at us.