Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 teen arrested, 1 at large in beating death of WWII vet
(CNN) -- With one 16-year-old now in custody, authorities in Washington state late Friday hunted for another teen suspected of beating an 88-year-old World War II veteran to death.
Delbert Belton was in the parking lot outside the Eagles Lodge in Spokane on Wednesday night, waiting for a friend to pick him to go bowling, when the two teens robbed and assaulted him, leading to his death, police Chief Frank Straub Jr. said.
Both suspects have been arrested and convicted in the past, including on assault charges, according to the chief.
"We have somebody who served his country during World War II, was injured during his service, was a distinguished veteran," Straub said. "...I don't really care, to be perfectly honest with you, what their motive was. We're not going to tolerate that type of behavior."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/us/world-w...?hpt=hp_t1
this is discussing. Where's the left of this?
nky Wrote:this is discussing. Where's the left of this?

If you ask me the left caused this. Jessie Jackson seems to have pulled his horns in a bit, but Al Sharpton certainly has yet to call for an end to the hatred and bias. Those two and many others, Sheila Jackson Lee (D) TX, John Conyers (D) Mich, Jim Clyburn (D) SC. Heck, most of the black caucus for that matter, have made careers of white bashing. Accusing traditional America for denying black folks the things that are rightfully theirs. What kills me is this ruse of being held down by white folks is the brain child of Democrats who wanted to exploit the black vote. During the days of Martin Luther, Democrats were every bit as guilty as Republicans of race based short comings. But, seeming never to miss the political moment, Democrats started making promises and the rest as they say is history.

Equality of Opportunity. That is what the constitution guarantees and, in my experience and from what I can see of the matter through the media, that concept, especially as it has been coupled with "Affirmative Action", has indeed been realized in our day and rightfully so. In any case, I don't believe white people harbor anywhere near the level of bias the Sharptons of this world like to allege. But, in a way they too have been duped from the start by unscrupulous politicians looking for an edge.

Once while watching a team come from far behind to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat, a wise coach said; "you've got to be able to recognize when you've won." The power drunk, so-called civil rights leaders and black legislators with an 'ax to grind' just have not been able to lay down the cause though. And so, they continue to try to win after the victory was theirs and have thusly managed to imprint their hatred and biases upon the consciousness of our youth. What an example of hellish irony it is that Delbert Belton survived WW2, a true hero of liberty, only then to be beaten to death by two guys who live under the blanket of freedom he sacrificed so much to provide for them. This is far more heinous by nature if you ask me, than the self defense proceedings and the subsequent nation wide circus, the media made of the Trayvon Martin trial. Talk about much ado, how much was made of the skittles and tea Trayvon carried? By comparison, how sad is it to consider a 88 year old WW2 Vet waiting to be picked up to go bowling who instead met a torturous and unimaginably painful death by two people who actually are racists. I mean, how could one actually bear enough malice for his fellow man to beat somebody to death with his bare hands? And at 88 years old at that. The media will likely either ignore the matter or gloss it all over. This indiscriminate targeting of any and all white people is just another symptom of social decay and, can be laid at the feet of those who are truly guilty of fanning the flames of racial bias, politicians and misguided media types. However, leading the way are the professional race baiters like the good reverends mentioned above, and government heavy weights. Their ilk have manipulated public opinion and opportunistically politicized the violent behavior of criminals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have come to realize that Republicans tend to see the American people as citizens, equal under the law with no one ethnic or civic group deserving of special privilege. That's why they so often miss the opportunity to sweet talk the latest minority or group into the fold, after all, wouldn't they necessarily have to violate the concept of the 'common good' by promising goods and services for votes? And frankly, until recently, the Democrat's efforts to build their ranks in this manner was not that much of a threat to the Republicans, who have traditionally won their share of national elections.

The last presidential election woke them up, finally. No longer can Republicans depend on traditionally minded Americans to carry the day. Offsetting the traditional Republican base are a number of things. For example, we have, (partly thanks to the continuing efforts of Eric Holder who, indefensibly continues to oppose voter ID's); State guaranteed voter fraud, the corner stone of which has become the who knows how many over 12 million illegals who have been prone to vote Democrat, along with every kook organization coming and going, their coalition seems to have Republicans on the ropes.

Democrats on the other hand, don't care what deal with the devil, they have to make, they don't have to pay for it, we do. The power and ego slaking rush provided by filling a federal chamber seat is intoxicating and addictive. Take the Clintons for example, when is enough going to be enough for Bill and Hill? Billy boy wants to get back in the White House so bad he can taste it. And here is the painful paradox. The Democrats use our money to fund the vote farms. We pay the welfare from food to cell phones and, since the Democrats control 2/3,s of the federal government, the sky is the limit as to how much money they can take from us to keep the voters happy. Debt ceiling you say? We don't need no stinking debt ceiling! What an incredible racket! Again, if the boomers don't snap out of it for the mid-terms of 2014, we're toast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't forget that in Obama's version of America, minorities in general and blacks in particular are the privileged classes. They cannot be called "racists". In fact, anyone who refers to them as "racists" is actually the "racist". And we all know that the worst name anyone can be called is "racist".

But, I guess it could be worse. What if Obama were all black instead of half black?
How any person could make this political is beyond comprehension.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Don't forget that in Obama's version of America, minorities in general and blacks in particular are the privileged classes. They cannot be called "racists". In fact, anyone who refers to them as "racists" is actually the "racist". And we all know that the worst name anyone can be called is "racist".

But, I guess it could be worse. What if Obama were all black instead of half black?

LOL. I can say one thing for sure though, I'd feel blessed if he was only half wrong instead of all wrong.

In my opinion, his policies have done no good whatsoever. Instead, they've had the opposite effect. It will take some time to undo the damage once he's mercifully gone. I suppose he's done some good, the nuclear arsenal now has a new weapon. Added to 'Fat Man' and 'Little Boy' is 'ObamaCare' but, laying the nuclear option aside for the sake of time and clarity here. His admitted 'War on Coal' (and petroleum) policies, pale in comparison to the damage his Executive Privileged AG is doing. DADT, the immigration free-for-all, and voter fraud friendly voter ID legislation, or the lack of enforcement of legislation, is like a 1,2,3 punch. You might block two jabs. I don't know about you, but I've only got two arms to block with. That third punch coming in combination is going to get in there, LOL. The Repubs better find a way to reel him in soon, or it may be too late to undo the damage at all.

Yesterday I heard an ad for enlistment into the US Navy. Listing items in a sort of Naval Credo, they mentioned ruling the seas, protecting the US, being a force for good and last but not least, "fair treatment for all". Heck, they might as well just come out and say homo's welcome. Guarantee Eric Holder or one of his hatchetmen put pressure on the Department of the Navy to engender the enlistment of a greater percentage of known homosexuals. To me, that's like insisting one play Russian Roulette with 3 bullets in the rack instead of only one. Anybody else feel like this is getting to be more and more like a bad dream from which one cannot wake up?

They (liberals) just don't get it. Not judging folks for being gay doesn't mean celebrating with them and supporting their condition by law. Ridiculous. But. you're point is very well taken Harry Rex. The feelings of contempt any minority may feel towards white folks is something else other than racism, according to them. They are somehow provoked and every so often, it's sort of acceptable if these minorities knock off a white baby in a stroller or a 88 year old WW2 Vet, waiting for a ride to go bowling.

Did I miss something or is there no mention of the perp's race in the following article?

Headline --- [SIZE="2"]"BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — It was a tiny bullet that took the short life of
Antonio Santiago." [/SIZE]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...r/2667547/

Hint for deciding what race the criminals involved are; http://newsone.com/tag/demarquise-elkins/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You are correct, TheRealThing. Personally, I'm getting atired of all the coddling of minorities. Of course, I am, without a doubt, a racist, a homophobe, and a sexist not to mention that I am prejudiced against Hispanics, welfare kings and queens, the politically correct, and Muslims. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out but there are so many parasite groups that it is difficult to name the all.

Actually, I just believe that no one deserves a pass, not even from Obama and Holder, and that all should quit whining and start pulling their own weight. I'm rather tired of my tax dollars being used to further their putrid manure.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You are correct, TheRealThing. Personally, I'm getting atired of all the coddling of minorities. Of course, I am, without a doubt, a racist, a homophobe, and a sexist not to mention that I am prejudiced against Hispanics, welfare kings and queens, the politically correct, and Muslims. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out but there are so many parasite groups that it is difficult to name the all.

Actually, I just believe that no one deserves a pass, not even from Obama and Holder, and that all should quit whining and start pulling their own weight. I'm rather tired of my tax dollars being used to further their putrid manure.

I added the second crime in there because the conditions, race and motive for killing were the same, black teenagers (boys with skittles if you ask the main stream media) wanted some easy money and therefore robbed or tried to rob white people. I should probably mention the thread too, that Strikeout King posted about the two young Jacksonville, Florida brothers who were slain at a local parking lot in their car. Shot to death in a reported robbery attempt. Funny thing about that case is, I haven't heard a single peep about it, or these other two, from Holder or Obama.

Sometimes I get fed up and vexed with the level of stupidity and, in so doing, I bail out for a while when it comes to watching the news. So, if either have made statements regarding these cases I apologize but, I freely admit I would be shocked.

I agree, that no one deserves a free pass. The situation with regard to laying goods and services at the feet of so many folks who have decided to spend their life on the dole, certainly defies logic or justification. If Japan had won the war, I suppose we might have expected to pay through the nose for homage or war reparation entitlements. There are approximately 311 million people living in the US today. Who'd have thought we would wind up paying reparations anyway? Not for war but in the form of rewards for the listless. Paying off at least 10 percent of them (30 million get over 50% of their annual budget from the government) to just lay around because it's more convenient than working, That data omits the number of illegals and others who get some kind of help in the form of so-called temporary assistance. Goodies for votes under the guise of compassion has created what I like to call 'vote farms'.

As is likely the case in most middle class homes, those folks can probably afford to have a new car to drive. But, to buy five new cars, would ensure bankruptcy. We as a nation find ourselves in similar straits. The sheer volume of illegal immigrants, the coming 22 trillion dollar national debt in 2016 that will almost certainly destroy our culture, the number of folks on welfare, as well as those Mr Obama has mandated that will have their medical insurance paid for by the rest of us. Those mentioned and other notable inequities could well bring on some very hard times in the near future. Simple things can become so vast as to defy being understood, much less conquered by man. Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy are good examples of unfortunate limitations that we can't just snap our fingers and get out of. The recent up swelling of liberal Keynesian enthusiasm, added with the proverbial dime, will still only buy one cup of coffee. There is a point when financial ruin is certain, even when the entity involved is too big to fail, and that includes the United States.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We have a moral duty to care for those who cannot care for themselves. I call them them "cannots". However, we have no duty whatsoever to the deadbeats who are too lazy to provide for themselves and who live off of the rest of us. I call them the "will nots".

The bogus "War on Poverty" along with all the liberal groups (like the National Education Association) have done nothing but rob from the producers, spent money, gotten personally well to do, and failed miserably. It has all produced an extremely large group of "will nots". We owe them nothing but our disdain.

Sadly, the "will nots" decide elections and they are all stuck up the rear ends of Obama and Holder. Of course, Obama and Holder cater to them at every opportunity.
TFerguson Wrote:How any person could make this political is beyond comprehension.

Oh I don't think it's quite that much a stretch there Ferg.

That unscrupulous pot stirring malcontent, Al Sharpton, and his ilk all align themselves with the Democratic party. Stirring up insurrection and then pointing to said insurrection as proof of their message. Rather convenient and self fulfilling prophesies, wouldn't you agree? LOL, the revilers of traditional America use the pulpit offered to them by the Democrats at every opportunity and in fact, they openly campaign and rely on the premise that racial bias has been characterized as part of 'the fight' between Dems and Repubs. A ludacris and reprehensibly divisive tactic the Democrats have used for decades to exploit the black vote. Right, just as long as the votes keep going their way the Dems are all about the civil rights inequities exacerbated by those damnable Republicans. :please:

But, let us cut to the chase with this and properly identify the real reason I know "How any person could make this political". All one must do to look past the baloney emanating from DC, the DNC and liberal talk shows is to see current events for what they are, devoid of spin. That takes some effort and education on the part of those who would care to be somewhat enlightened but, we are supposed to be a self-governing folk, are we not? Case in point. It has been said that black folks will never listen to white men because they don't trust them. So, what happens when the first black man in history gets elected to the high office?

What I saw were enemies of state Bill Ayers et-al, being instantly elevated to celebrity status. We had the government funded and organized Occupy Wall Street movement. During which, Mr Obama started a slam-fest which targeted rich white folks as the scourge of the American public. He comes on TV and says the DC police "acted stupidly" after having been called out to the neighborhood by a concerned resident who, through an honest mistake, thought a burglary might be in progress when a black professor was seen trying to break into his own home. I mean, in light of the fact that most people use a key to enter their home what was so stupid about it? Obama and his AG, then come on TV and blast Sanford Florida police and everybody associated, both prosecutors and the defense, in the Trayvon Martin Trial. Your president made that story political. In short, he has said far more to divide the country than he has to unite the country. That's our chief politician we're talking about here.

Since black folks reportedly don't trust white folks. Is not Mr Obama, the first black president ever, in the 'one time in history' position to speak out for brotherhood and trust among all? Should not he be speaking out against the violence noted above, at least as forcefully as he did against Zimmerman? I certainly have not heard a thing coming from his mouth but blame. He added (in only 5 years) more debt to the tab than all presidents combined up to his time and who's fault is that? According to him it is George W's. And who is to blame for the balance of America's ills? According to him it is those rich white republicans. Instead of uniting America, under his watch the gulf has widened.

Not political? Members of the black caucus have the temerity to wear Trayvon Martin hoodies while doing the people's business up on the Hill during an ongoing court proceeding and that's not politicizing and encouraging civil unrest? It's their fault alright. Them and the church for not bridging the social gap.

Thanks to our Constitution, equality of opportunity has been laid at the feet of every citizen of this land. Theirs is the responsibility to pursue personal success. Ours is to inspire them to succeed. Not engage in
DNC sanctioned national suicide by agreeing and in fact identifying, with the Al Sharptons of the world in teaching them they're all victims of the white man.

Tell you what. As soon as all black federal legislators abandon this idea of leading through the biased filter of the so-called black caucus and take up the cause of the "common good". Thereby governing on behalf of all races represented among us and calling for equality of thought and respect going both ways. Then, politicizing and gain from race baiting will end. God speed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TFerguson Wrote:How any person could make this political is beyond comprehension.
why was the Zimmerman case made political?
nky Wrote:why was the Zimmerman case made political?

It was ridiculous that it was in my opinion. This kind of stuff has always happened, but not made into a political launching point until recently. It's not like murder of any kind by any person on any person is a new thing on our society. We've been violent since colonization. Nothing new.
Anybody happen to catch what distinguished guest and honored speaker Bill Clinton, had to say at the Martin Luther King rally in Washington today? "A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than it does to buy an assault weapon," Clinton said. You know, hearing that made me realize that I had forgotten how much of a charlatan Billy boy really is, is.

Contrary to the lies that the left keeps throwing out there, one cannot buy a gun, any kind of gun in any setting, without being subjected to a background check. To suggest the process of buying an assault rifle is easier than getting a free government issued voter ID card, is a lie straight from the pit. Clinton is a lying stack, convicted for doing that very thing before a federal judge and being subsequently disbarred for his lack of candor is a matter of public record. This guy lowered the office of the president in historic fashion. I know he's still got that smirk about him but, a president who gets himself impeached for repetitive sexual misconduct is a president who must live out the rest of his life under a cloud of shame, IMO. His video mugshot, defiantly refusing to accept any responsibility for his loathsome sexual predation on a 21 year old White House intern, is an image I simply will never be able to shake off. Coming under the gun was old hat to Clinton however, having already stared down allegations of sexual misconduct while serving as Governor of Arkansas.

Getting back to the rally. Not one republican was allowed anywhere near the speaker's podium. Not even the Senator from SC, Tim Scott. I mean, how does one not include a black senator from South Carolina, of all places? As I said, the politicization of the racial bias issue is wholly an adopted strategy to deceive black folks into believing Democrats are their provider/protectors and Republicans supposedly just want to hold them down and deny them their right to vote. Not allowing Republican participation by an administration bent on the destruction of American conservatism and those who champion conservative values, the Republicans, is just another example of Democratic dirty politics.

Folks, I've got news. Everything this administration and the Democrats in general do, is aimed at politicizing the situation in question. The sooner folks wake up to this reality the better off we all will be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]