Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redistricting Plans
Well it looks like the redistricting plan will be finialized assuming that the courts approve. What are your thoughts on your new senator or state representative?
Things really dont change much down here in Whitley County.

Some pllaces will get hit hard though.
Well, there is an ACLU rat in the woodpile. "House and Senate leaders are under the gun to pass a legislative redistricting plan. Earlier this year, the American Civil Liberties Union and a group of Northern Kentucky residents sued the state for failing to redraw the districts nearly three years after the 2010 census."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/08/21/27786...rylink=cpy

Obviously, going directly to the courts to legislate advantages for the dems, has become their favorite 'end game' and, is standard operating procedure for liberals who think conservatives amount to mere speed bumps on the road to la-la land.

Things fare no better at the national level. Listening to yet more rhetoric from our nation's number 1 liberal Mr Obama, with regard to how he views the events in Libya, further reveals the incredible and simplistic naivety on the part of liberal/progressives. Speaking as if all the leaders of the entire world's views conform to his own. He rationalizes that the civilizations of the world have moved past the time when, atrocities of genocide, whether due to chemical weapons or rounds from uzi's can be tolerated. Once one finds himself out in the real world, outside the classroom, just saying something doesn't make it so. I don't think our president can get past himself long enough to understand that fact. And so, America's survival is a bit hard to predict having been inundated by the liberal political tsunami that has been the Obama era.

Representatives from fast growing Scott, Madison and Hardin Counties, are pretty incensed with the current redistricting proposal which, carves up their districts in dramatic fashion. Maybe it's a done deal but, it dosen't quite seem to be a slam dunk to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, there is an ACLU rat in the woodpile. "House and Senate leaders are under the gun to pass a legislative redistricting plan. Earlier this year, the American Civil Liberties Union and a group of Northern Kentucky residents sued the state for failing to redraw the districts nearly three years after the 2010 census."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/08/21/27786...rylink=cpy

Obviously, going directly to the courts to legislate advantages for the dems, has become their favorite 'end game' and, is standard operating procedure for liberals who think conservatives amount to mere speed bumps on the road to la-la land.

Things fare no better at the national level. Listening to yet more rhetoric from our nation's number 1 liberal Mr Obama, with regard to how he views the events in Libya, further reveals the incredible and simplistic naivety on the part of liberal/progressives. Speaking as if all the leaders of the entire world's views conform to his own. He rationalizes that the civilizations of the world have moved past the time when, atrocities of genocide, whether due to chemical weapons or rounds from uzi's can be tolerated. Once one finds himself out in the real world, outside the classroom, just saying something doesn't make it so. I don't think our president can get past himself long enough to understand that fact. And so, America's survival is a bit hard to predict having been inundated by the liberal political tsunami that has been the Obama era.

Representatives from fast growing Scott, Madison and Hardin Counties, are pretty incensed with the current redistricting proposal which, carves up their districts in dramatic fashion. Maybe it's a done deal but, it dosen't quite seem to be a slam dunk to me.

So it is President Obama's fault that Kentucky has not redistricted since the 2010 census; and the ACLU is involved because they want a democrats to have the advantage in the state of Kentucky?

I agree with you just saying something doesnt make it true.

Maybe the reason the ACLU has sued is because the State of Kentucky has not followed the law? I am sure that could not be it at all...

Considering the logic that you have preformed here I have one simple question why would the ACLU sue a democratic state?
tvtimeout Wrote:So it is President Obama's fault that Kentucky has not redistricted since the 2010 census; and the ACLU is involved because they want a democrats to have the advantage in the state of Kentucky?

I agree with you just saying something doesnt make it true.

Maybe the reason the ACLU has sued is because the State of Kentucky has not followed the law? I am sure that could not be it at all...

Considering the logic that you have preformed here I have one simple question why would the ACLU sue a democratic state?

Tell you what. You define in concise terms what you find to be erroneous with the logic of my statements and I will be happy to respond.

Apart from that and to answer your one simple question, one would need a scientific calculator to guestimate the number of times the ACLU has sued it's own nation at the federal level and every state in the union when it served their purpose. As we speak, the ACLU is neck deep in a court action to remove the words "under God" from the pledge of allegiance in the state of Massachusetts. Last time I checked Mass was far bluer than even our bluest Kentucky Blue Grass, LOL. The ACLU sure isn't showing any reluctance in suing Massachusetts.

You a ACLU admirer there tvtime? They wouldn't want to be floating around in the toilet with my hand on the flush lever. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Tell you what. You define in concise terms what you find to be erroneous with the logic of my statements and I will be happy to respond.

Apart from that and to answer your one simple question, one would need a scientific calculator to guestimate the number of times the ACLU has sued it's own nation at the federal level and every state in the union when it served their purpose. As we speak, the ACLU is neck deep in a court action to remove the words "under God" from the pledge of allegiance in the state of Massachusetts. Last time I checked Mass was far bluer than even our bluest Kentucky Blue Grass, LOL. The ACLU sure isn't showing any reluctance in suing Massachusetts.

You a ACLU admirer there tvtime? They wouldn't want to be floating around in the toilet with my hand on the flush lever. Confusednicker:

I will ask again... is it President Obama's fault that Kentucky has not followed the constitution by updating its districts since the last census?

Here is a new question: what is the purpose for the ACLU?
tvtimeout Wrote:I will ask again... is it President Obama's fault that Kentucky has not followed the constitution by updating its districts since the last census?

Here is a new question: what is the purpose for the ACLU?

This is an opinion board. I have freely offered mine to which, you obviously could not respond. You asked "one simple question" in the previous post. I played along but, you chose to ignore my clearly stated answer. Therefore I am now done playing along. If you have a case to make by all means wade on in there and let it fly.

In the meantime, there is a term for the behind the back shenanigans, associated with redrawing district lines for the purpose of gaining a political advantage, gerrymandering.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:This is an opinion board. I have freely offered mine to which, you obviously could not respond. You asked "one simple question" in the previous post. I played along but, you chose to ignore my clearly stated answer. Therefore I am now done playing along. If you have a case to make by all means wade on in there and let it fly.

In the meantime, there is a term for the behind the back shenanigans, associated with redrawing district lines for the purpose of gaining a political advantage, gerrymandering.

I was asking the question to make sure that I understood your opinion, then you asked me to define in concise terms where you went wrong in my opinion. That assummed that you thought that I thought you were wrong. I never stated that you were wrong I was just asking to clearly define your positions. Hence the two follow up questions that I had.

My "case" was asking about redistricting lines, the next thing I know, here comes President Obama into the talk, and then the ACLU. The ACLU was at least in my opinion was relevent to the conversation. I am still confussed how President Obama is though, which happens to be one of the questions I asked you.

The conversation would lead me to believe that President Obama has somehow single drew up the lines for the redistricting plan in southeastern kentucky andhe is at fault because the lines are not fair or are fair, (I still do not know how you feel about the redistricting).

:betterthanexpected:
tvtimeout Wrote:I was asking the question to make sure that I understood your opinion, then you asked me to define in concise terms where you went wrong in my opinion. That assummed that you thought that I thought you were wrong. I never stated that you were wrong I was just asking to clearly define your positions. Hence the two follow up questions that I had.

My "case" was asking about redistricting lines, the next thing I know, here comes President Obama into the talk, and then the ACLU. The ACLU was at least in my opinion was relevent to the conversation. I am still confussed how President Obama is though, which happens to be one of the questions I asked you.

The conversation would lead me to believe that President Obama has somehow single drew up the lines for the redistricting plan in southeastern kentucky andhe is at fault because the lines are not fair or are fair, (I still do not know how you feel about the redistricting).

:betterthanexpected:

I apologize. I've got a low threshold where it comes to circular logic. You certainly did ask me why the ACLU would sue a democratic state. When I answered that question you ignored my response and set off on another tack.

As I said, QUOTE "Representatives from fast growing Scott, Madison and Hardin Counties, are pretty incensed with the current redistricting proposal which, carves up their districts in dramatic fashion." According to the article to which a link was provided for your reading convenience, said representatives, are not the least bit happy with the proposed redrawn districts. Let me restate what I said earlier. I said that a favored tactic of democrats at the state and federal levels, is to use the court system to effect change that would otherwise meet with stiff resistance. Say by way of referendum for example. In other words, they use our own cherished system of law to 'legislate' people who don't agree with them, into submission. This concept of using the law to run over the law is relatively new and many have not quite picked up on the practice as yet. Some of us still cling to the passé notion of a government of and by the people. Take the practice of infanticide for instance, we as a people would never vote for legal abortion on demand, especially taxpayer funded abortion on demand. Therefore, savvy, politicians went around the "people" and forced them into submission by a new law which was foisted, upon them. We would rather be served by the more familiar tried and true method of a representative form of government. That way we have a voice in what happens around here. I took a swipe at Obama in my post because he IMO, has only one other public official who is more adept at legal chicanery and that is none other than the infamous William Jefferson Clinton. It is from thence, from which comes the impetus and motivation for local officials to follow suit. Admittedly, redrawing district lines to gain an unfair advantage at the polls pales in comparison to recent federal headlines but, it is none the less done for only one reason. That being to usurp the power of the voting public.

Gerrymandering, " In U.S. politics. the dividing of a state, county, etc., into election districts so as to give one political party a majority in many districts while concentrating the voting strength of the other party into as few districts as possible." Capiche?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]