10.Woodford Countyl
11.Franklin Co.
12.Frankfort
13. Madison Southern
14. Sayre
15. Berea
16. Model
17. Western Hills
Scott County will be really strong. Won state AAU tournament. In this region it would be crazy to pick anyone besides Scott Co, LexCath, or Madison Central. One of those 3 have won the last 10 regions
ArJay Wrote:Scott County will be really strong. Won state AAU tournament. In this region it would be crazy to pick anyone besides Scott Co, LexCath, or Madison Central. One of those 3 have won the last 10 regions

I think LaFayette won the 11th on 2004. Scott County, playing in the 8th regions at that time, knocked Lafayette out of the Sweet 16 in the quarter finals. Tyler Hicks had a great game and tournament for Scott County.
Move Bryan Station way up the list with the addition of the Dixson cousins.
Looks like Bryan Station maybe a little stronger than the other city schools.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Move Bryan Station way up the list with the addition of the Dixson cousins.

Dixson from Ashland?
The 11th is always the toughest to rank and pick a winner IMO
The 42nd District again looks to be one of the toughest in the state. Scott County will be a favorite to win the region, Bryan Station could be a serious player in the region and even though Henry Clay lost 3 of their top 6 out of their rotation, will still be a tough team to beat. Catholic and Lafayette will also be key contenders in the region. I also think Dunbar will be a darkhorse team. They lost some big-time scorers in Mike Smith and E.J. Floreal, but they will be young and athletic this season. They could play the role of spoiler for somebody this year.
How will Madison Central be this year? I know they lost a lot.
ArJay Wrote:How will Madison Central be this year? I know they lost a lot.

Central will be competitive, but I think their ceiling will be win a first round game in the region and that's about all. They will have an AMAZING freshman class so I give the Indians two years before they are back fighting for an 11th region title.
I think Madison Southern needs a new basketball coach. A school with 1200 kids and Southern still fights to get to the 44th district title game which is a joke. Yes Madison Central usually always wins the 44th, but Buttry struggles to beat Model and Berea.
Madison Southern is in a very tough region. It just don't seem like an appealing place simply because you can't compete for a region title ever really.
ArJay Wrote:Madison Southern is in a very tough region. It just don't seem like an appealing place simply because you can't compete for a region title ever really.

I agree with that 100%, but you can't struggle to beat Berea and Model when you are more than triple their enrollment.
He is a very solid coach. Please don't forget that Mad. Southern played fairly even with Scott County for about 3 quarters in last years opening round in the region tournament.
11thRegionHoops Wrote:He is a very solid coach. Please don't forget that Mad. Southern played fairly even with Scott County for about 3 quarters in last years opening round in the region tournament.

Scott County 68, Madison Southern 47: On a night when its offense was missing in action at times, Scott County relied on its second-half defense to get by. "It looked like a pick-up game the first half," The second half was a different story. Scott County held the Eagles scoreless for the last 5:50 of the third quarter, and wound up pulling away.

L
What kind of team will Lafayette have with Jackson Davis returning? Will they make some noise in the 11th?