Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Kentucky 35 - Kentucky 26
It amazes me that you guys was expecting a completely different team.
Anyone want to gamble on Western getting a new contract from BARNHEAD. We where out coached so bad last night it was not funny.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Gut can't like Petrino, he is a god fearing Christian and should never approve or like someone as evil as Petrino.

Id take Bob to church with me and buy him dinner if i were a UK booster.

Im sorry you dont understand this, but last time i checked, the biggest deal of being a God fearing man is to learn all about forgiveness......
FBALL Wrote:Under wins.

Anybody really think that game was all about coaching last night needs to have their head checked.

Gut obviously still has a man crush on scumbag. If you want to complain about not hiring someone it would be Wiillie freakin Taggert.

Stoops has done a great job and as the recruits come in it will improve.

:biglmao:

Just go ahead and admit it. You were wanting so bad for UK to win to rub me on it. Its not going to happen, and if Petrino stays it will be a long time before it does.

UK boosters everywhere are wishing they would have ponied up for a motorcycle and blonde.:ChairHit:

WKU goes bowling again this year while UK watches teams like Vandy and Tennessee pummel them.
I hope for UKs sake Western goes undefeated. Regardless of how you feel about Petrino the guy is a great football coach.

I'm not going to touch the out coached concept since yes WKU had a lot more in the cupboard talent wise than UK did. As for the strength of UKs defensive line if what we saw last night is the norm I will be shocked if the Cats when 2 sec games.

Again, it is my sincere hope WKU is, "all that and a bag of chips." MY GUT says and agrees with the others with enough sense and patience to give the Cats a couple years to position themselves for an 7 plus win season.

I did enjoy seeing Timmons on the field, incentivizing and confirming to future 4 and 5* recruits you will contribute early. Stoops and staff have a lot of work to do.

As much as I chuckle at RIUTGs doorstoop comment, I believe Stoops can delegate and surround himself with the athletes & staff necessary to have over .500 success in the sec. We're not going to see it for a couple years.

Petrino will rise and jump ship to a higher level once he can prove he will behave. And in the current me now culture, it may happen after this year or next. Congrats to the Hilltoppers on the win. They flat out got it done last night!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Western beat kentucky last year to people? It's not like this was some amazing accomplishment lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Id take Bob to church with me and buy him dinner if i were a UK booster.

Im sorry you dont understand this, but last time i checked, the biggest deal of being a God fearing man is to learn all about forgiveness......

Ill remember that next time you speak out against anything. It's all about forgiveness when it suits you.
insideinfo Wrote:Anyone want to gamble on Western getting a new contract from BARNHEAD. We where out coached so bad last night it was not funny.

In what area was we out coached?

Give specifics.
Spirit100 Wrote:I hope for UKs sake Western goes undefeated. Regardless of how you feel about Petrino the guy is a great football coach.

I'm not going to touch the out coached concept since yes WKU had a lot more in the cupboard talent wise than UK did. As for the strength of UKs defensive line if what we saw last night is the norm I will be shocked if the Cats when 2 sec games.

Again, it is my sincere hope WKU is, "all that and a bag of chips." MY GUT says and agrees with the others with enough sense and patience to give the Cats a couple years to position themselves for an 7 plus win season.

I did enjoy seeing Timmons on the field, incentivizing and confirming to future 4 and 5* recruits you will contribute early. Stoops and staff have a lot of work to do.

As much as I chuckle at RIUTGs doorstoop comment, I believe Stoops can delegate and surround himself with the athletes & staff necessary to have over .500 success in the sec. We're not going to see it for a couple years.

Petrino will rise and jump ship to a higher level once he can prove he will behave. And in the current me now culture, it may happen after this year or next. Congrats to the Hilltoppers on the win. They flat out got it done last night!

Win 2 S E C games ,I only thought they would win 3 games total and one of them was last night. And I am not badmouthing Stoops he inherited a terrible situation. This why I thought we needed a proven winner.
insideinfo Wrote:Win 2 S E C games ,I only thought they would win 3 games total and one of them was last night. And I am not badmouthing Stoops he inherited a terrible situation. This why I thought we needed a proven winner.

You are forgetting the whole, its UK, we can party like rock stars the night before, come in flat and still beat them.

They'll shock a couple before seasons end Confusednicker: For someone so anti UK football wise and critical of the current condition. Who do you support inside and why? Always easy to be judgmental. Show your colors and back them up!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Dag on people, did you all just expect UK to come out and be a 10x better team? It was the first game against a WKU team that is very experienced. We can't expect to go from dead last to mid-pack in the first game. Give the staff some time and the players time to get used to the new in-game coaching styles.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Petrino will be gone from Western Kentucky after this season, almost a guarantee. Yes it does count that he inherited a team that went bowling last season and returned the majority of it's players while Stoops inherited a team that had 10 loss seasons each of the past two seasons. That's a big big difference. Ask any coach and they will tell you the same thing. BTW, If Petrino is so good of a coach then why isn't Western ranked in recruiting for next season? Kentucky stands at #7.
Strikeout King Wrote:Petrino will be gone from Western Kentucky after this season, almost a guarantee. Yes it does count that he inherited a team that went bowling last season and returned the majority of it's players while Stoops inherited a team that had 10 loss seasons each of the past two seasons. That's a big big difference. Ask any coach and they will tell you the same thing. BTW, If Petrino is so good of a coach then why isn't Western ranked in recruiting for next season? Kentucky stands at #7.

Don't go trying to be all sensible and stuff. Gut won't be able to suck on scumbag so hard if we do that.
FBALL Wrote:Don't go trying to be all sensible and stuff. Gut won't be able to suck on scumbag so hard if we do that.

Just stating facts. If Kentucky had hired Petrino it wouldn't have mattered. We wouldn't have had the recruits we've got and Kentucky would have still had a losing season and looking for a new coach after one season if Petrino had been hired.
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys before it gets out of hand and I know it will.

Bobby Petrino took over a Western Kentucky team that went bowling last season while Kentucky sat at home.

Mark Stoops took over a Kentucky team that had 10+ losses in each of the last two seasons and was left with some Joker type players...

This team will be fine as the season goes on. This is just one game.

Next season should be way better...Give Stoops time. It didn't take Rome one day to build the roman empire.

Not true. Won 4 games in 2011. Still bad but not 10 loss bad.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Not true. Won 4 games in 2011. Still bad but not 10 loss bad.

Well you get the drift. It was still a losing season.
Max Smith needs to start and there is no debate bout that IMO. Everyone should know that UK has most of the same team as last year, the new players isnt going to make an immediate impact in game one. There will be growing pains that come with rebuilding.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Rump and Cobble got ran over! Did anyone else see Cobble get PANCAKED during the WKU touchdown run? I am sick of watching Cobble and Rump limp off field! I hope to see some of the younger D-linemen playing soon. I wouldn't be shocked if Stoops moves Bud Dupree back to LB. It will take Stoops an his staff a while to figure out who can play and who can't. Max Smith looked good at QB.
We can thank Joker Phillips for that ass kicking we got last night! What an embarrassment! The program was close to being in shambles to put it kindly IMO... Our defensive talent is Ridiculous, we got punked all night by Western's RB'S! Thank u Joker for leaving the program at the level of a Centre College!UNBELIEVABLE, I have faith in Stoops, but we are going to have to suffer with what's left of Joker's nightmare 3 year run that set the program back about 10 years!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ill remember that next time you speak out against anything. It's all about forgiveness when it suits you.

Fine with me.
I dont go around those threads anymore.
Strikeout King Wrote:Petrino will be gone from Western Kentucky after this season, almost a guarantee. Yes it does count that he inherited a team that went bowling last season and returned the majority of it's players while Stoops inherited a team that had 10 loss seasons each of the past two seasons. That's a big big difference. Ask any coach and they will tell you the same thing. BTW, If Petrino is so good of a coach then why isn't Western ranked in recruiting for next season? Kentucky stands at #7.

1. Yes he will be, and we will have completely missed our chance. He'll be bck at a major university in two years and competeting for titles.

2. Petrino doesnt need a good recruiting class. The guy can flat out coach. I dont care if you hate him, you cant say he isnt a great coach. If Petrino stays, watch him beat UK next year with that unranked class while our number 7 ranked class, which will be frosh by the way, is still shaking there head.

IF Petrino was at UK and Stoops was at WKU, then UK would have won by 4 scores yesterday.
Im not saying i dont like Stoops, because i havent had time to judge him yet, but we would have been much better off with Petrino. Stoops has already shown his weakness by putting Whitlow at QB.

And what kind of freaking "air raid" only get 16 passing yards in the first half against WKU???? As soon as i seen Whitlow was starter, i knew it wouldnt be an air raid. We might as well plan on running the ball all year.

UK wont have a good QB in the backfield until Barker is a soph or junior, and thats only if Stoops starts him, or makes the right move and goes ahead and put Towles in.
FBALL Wrote:Under wins.

Anybody really think that game was all about coaching last night needs to have their head checked.

Gut obviously still has a man crush on scumbag. If you want to complain about not hiring someone it would be Wiillie freakin Taggert.

Stoops has done a great job and as the recruits come in it will improve.

Willie and his team got smoked last night...
honestjchsfan Wrote:Rump and Cobble got ran over! Did anyone else see Cobble get PANCAKED during the WKU touchdown run? I am sick of watching Cobble and Rump limp off field! I hope to see some of the younger D-linemen playing soon. I wouldn't be shocked if Stoops moves Bud Dupree back to LB. It will take Stoops an his staff a while to figure out who can play and who can't. Max Smith looked good at QB.

I feel like Cobble has been at UK for 13 years and hasnt ever gotten better.
Our defense is extremely weak.
Rich brooks all over again. In 3 years stoops will be everyone's favorite coach. I don't understand the hate on whitlow. The guy had a good spring and a nice first half with his playmaking ability. If I had one problem it was that kemp and Timmons didn't see the field enough. Both looked explosive in space they need to be on the field. Raymond sanders looked good running the football as well.
cuppett777 Wrote:Willie and his team got smoked last night...

He inherited a team that went 3-9 last season. Very similar to what Stoops inherited at UK.

Taggert built a good product at WKU. They have a talented team, just like they did last season when they beat UK and made their first ever bowl game.

Taggert is known for how good of a recruiter he is in Florida, so I almost guarantee that he has USF back to a bowl game in two seasons.

People just don't get that you just can't walk into a bad situation like at UK or USF and teach players that you didn't recruit a new offense and defense in just a few months of camp. This isn't basketball.

Both Stoops and Taggert will have their programs back in bowl games in 2-3 seasons. Mark it down.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:He inherited a team that went 3-9 last season. Very similar to what Stoops inherited at UK.

Taggert built a good product at WKU. They have a talented team, just like they did last season when they beat UK and made their first ever bowl game.

Taggert is known for how good of a recruiter he is in Florida, so I almost guarantee that he has USF back to a bowl game in two seasons.

People just don't get that you just can't walk into a bad situation like at UK or USF and teach players that you didn't recruit a new offense and defense in just a few months of camp. This isn't basketball.

Both Stoops and Taggert will have their programs back in bowl games in 2-3 seasons. Mark it down.

I dont think Taggart will be in bowl games consistently down there.
As for Stoops, if he takes the Rich Brooks approach and schedules 5 softies and picks up one bad SEC win, sure, he'll go bowling.
Wasted a trip down to Nashville for this BS of a game. Every game I've been to Kentucky loses... bout time to jump off this wagon.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
I have not kept up with Kentucky at all this year, but just wondered what has happened to Patrick Towles? His name has not been mentioned.
Stoops and his staff have their work cut out for them this year! I think it's already time to start dumping some of the Joker recruits! Cobble and Rump can't play! Go back an watch the film on those two guys during their time at UK and you will count a BUNCH of limp offs or see one or the other laying on their back waiting for the training staff! NO HEART! Neither can help UK next year, time to DUMP both! For some reason Joker loved midget LB's, yes a few of them under Brooks and Joker could really play, but as a UK fan I am tired of the same BS! Time to put MEN at LB and leave the midgets for the circus! My poor old Momma who knows very little about football watched this game and her take on it was honest and to the point,,,, "they didn't look any different than last year"! I was very disappointed in UK's effort in this game! Max Smith looked good while he was in there but if the O-line doesn't play better the kid is going to suffer and feel the SEC pain! The O-line needs to stop making the stupid mistakes! Sanders had some nice runs but IMO he can't play in the SEC, he is too SLOW! If you are going to play a 4.6 forty yard dash guy, make it a BIG powerful guy who makes the D pay, like WKU's backs made UK pay yesterday! IMO dump Sanders and play Kemp and RS! Whitlow needs to be on the field he is best the best Athlete among the Joker recruits! I still think Stoops was the perfect hire for the UK program! I was hoping that maybe Joker had left enough talent for him to win 5 or 6 games this year but clearly the talent is not there! Keep recruiting coach Stoops and GO BIG BLUE!
IMO Whitlow is best offensive football player we have, but he is not our best option at QB. I believe we need to play him in the same type of role that we used to play Mr Cobb! Start Smith at QB, but get the ball in Whitlow's hands 20 to 25 times a game!!! With that said though, I would have Towles ready to play also because Smith won't last IMO, he will get hit and will get hit often and he is not built to take punishment... So lets play Smith at QB as long as we can, get the ball to Whitlow as much as we can and have Towles ready to play as soon as we can!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Yes he will be, and we will have completely missed our chance. He'll be bck at a major university in two years and competeting for titles.

2. Petrino doesnt need a good recruiting class. The guy can flat out coach. I dont care if you hate him, you cant say he isnt a great coach. If Petrino stays, watch him beat UK next year with that unranked class while our number 7 ranked class, which will be frosh by the way, is still shaking there head.

IF Petrino was at UK and Stoops was at WKU, then UK would have won by 4 scores yesterday.
Im not saying i dont like Stoops, because i havent had time to judge him yet, but we would have been much better off with Petrino. Stoops has already shown his weakness by putting Whitlow at QB.

And what kind of freaking "air raid" only get 16 passing yards in the first half against WKU???? As soon as i seen Whitlow was starter, i knew it wouldnt be an air raid. We might as well plan on running the ball all year.

UK wont have a good QB in the backfield until Barker is a soph or junior, and thats only if Stoops starts him, or makes the right move and goes ahead and put Towles in.

Sorry Gut but no he wouldn't have. It's a big difference inheriting a team that went bowling the year before and went 7-6 then it is inheriting a team that went 2-10 last season. I don't care what anyone says, ask any coach and they will tell you that.

By the way everyone, Western Kentucky isn't on Kentucky's schedule next season.