Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball in 2014
Bob Seger Wrote:You are a freakin idiot buddy....I am not a North Laurel fan, where are you coming up with that?...I am a 15th region fan whose team beat NL at Whittaker Park, but I along with everybody else was not stupid enough to not be able to read the stadium gun as well as the gun I had in my hand ..Even though we beat them , I knew talent when I saw it, and knew when the season got going that they would shove it up your asses and make you like it.....BTW, how did you like it?.........Did it feeeeel good? ......lol

Low 80's to mid 80's? Well now that's a far cry from where you said they threw....I believe, according to you, they were 76-79 at best, maybe occasssionally hitting 80...Boy, you really had them pegged didn't you?.Confusedhh:..Come on now, I know it's got to be tough to tell everybody on here that "I was a real moron, and I really didn't know what I was talking about", but's it's time to man up daddy O...Lets tell it like it really is now bubby, they threw just exactly where I said they did...Fact is, I was right, and that's the part that YOU cant handle. It's got nothing to do with me.

BTW, I sat amongst all the scouts at the sophomore East/West all star game and saw Hurley light it up at 90 more than once.:Clap:

Class??? Well lets go about it this way dude, I'll get some class, when you get a clue ...How's that?TongueirateSho

Seger you are a class act buddy.

Look back at the forum. You're original post that started the thread said...

"Lots of good arms for the Jaguars. The first 4 Laurel pitchers threw in the mid to upper 80's".

That kind of goes against the comment you just made...

"I did not say that they had 4 kids that could throw mid to upper 80's....If you want to go back and reread the former thread, you will see that I itemized each kid and told the range in which they threw in"

You absolutely did say they ALL threw mid to upper 80s.

My words in that thread were...

"Low 80's? Perhaps. Even realistic."

That's not close to the 76-79 tops comment that you claimed I made.

Just stop. Stop misquoting and stop claiming to be someone of higher authority than the rest of us. Fact is, you're on bluegrass rivals arguing about velocity using a fake name. How exactly am I supposed to accept your accounts of velocity over my very own?

So you've been on here a while and made some friends who back you up. Big freaking deal. Haha That doesn't change my opinion. I'm finished with this argument about last year's NL pitching staff. It's old and quite frankly, I'm tired of you're self righteous attitude.

I'm glad you're not a NL fan, I didn't want to think any less of them but you were starting to make it difficult.
Van Hagar Wrote:Well actually there is a fourth, Austin Thompson the regular right fielder, who was a low-80's man. He threw the game at Harlan Co. that the Black Bears won in the bottom of the seventh, but had some arm trouble and didn't throw a whole lot of innings. He will be a big key for North to repeat. Hurley, Mallory and Leisge from Harlan Co. played together on a summer team, (plus some others from this area), and Hurley did occasionally max out at 90 this summer. Reports I got about the team said he threw hardest, but Leisge was probably the best overall pitcher on the team. They had a great matchup in the regional finals, when Leisge, I felt, got pulled too quick. Would love to see them go head to head in the final game again this year.

Van Hagar, I can respect the way you go about your posts. Like I said, I think North Laurel is the clear favorite to start the season this year and Mallory is the main reason for that.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Seger you are a class act buddy.

"Lots of good arms for the Jaguars. The first 4 Laurel pitchers threw in the mid to upper 80's".

"I did not say that they had 4 kids that could throw mid to upper 80's....If you want to go back and reread the former thread, you will see that I itemized each kid and told the range in which they threw in"

Just stop. Stop misquoting and stop claiming to be someone of higher authority than the rest of us. Fact is, you're on bluegrass rivals arguing about velocity using a fake name. How exactly am I supposed to accept your accounts of velocity over my very own?

So you've been on here a while and made some friends who back you up. Big freaking deal. Haha That doesn't change my opinion. I'm finished with this argument about last year's NL pitching staff. It's old and quite frankly, I'm tired of you're self righteous attitude.

I'm glad you're not a NL fan, I didn't want to think any less of them but you were starting to make it difficult.

I'm going to give you the opportunity to do a little retracting here MHSdingaling4life.......Naw, I think I'll just prove to you (and everyone else) just how ignorant you really are.... I have pulled the old thread out for you to ponder on....

Is that what you call it when you are proved to be a complete moron, after arguing like an absolute know-it-all??? Yeah, I guess my feelings would be butthurt too if someone showed the rest of the world how dumb I really was too.....lol

And then again , Van Hagar backed up everything I said to a T didn't he?.....:Clap:

[COLOR="Red"]
You absolutely did say they ALL threw mid to upper 80s.[/COLOR]

And as a staff they did....I've told you that that was the collective range of those that pitched....I am not saying that every single one pitched in the mid to upper 80's....If you two knotheads would take the time to read everything you might have a clue to what someone else is saying, before jumping in with the know-it-all routine......I did post each individual range for each pitcher, did I not?...........But your comment to Bear Cuz's post about the mid to upper 70's stuff was, and I quote, "I didn't want to be the first to say it, but I agree 100%".....So don't start with this me misquoting you crap!!

It's not that I am right so much on this, but every single poster in that thread can attest to what I quoted except you two know nothing numbskulls, THAT WERE NOT EVEN THERE!!!

Just own up to it MHSdingaling ,that you had no idea whatsoever about what you were talking about, but it was like I predicted, you'll sure find out soon enough....AND THAT YOU DID!!!.....Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:And as a staff they did....I've told you that that was the collective range of those that pitched....I am not saying that every single one pitched in the mid to upper 80's....If you two knotheads would take the time to read everything you might have a clue to what someone else is saying, before jumping in with the know-it-all routine......I did post each individual range for each pitcher, did I not?...........But your comment to Bear Cuz's post about the mid to upper 70's stuff was, and I quote, "I didn't want to be the first to say it, but I agree 100%".....So don't start with this me misquoting you crap!!

It's not that I am right so much on this, but every single poster in that thread can attest to what I quoted except you two know nothing numbskulls, THAT WERE NOT EVEN THERE!!!

Just own up to it MHSdingaling ,that you had no idea whatsoever about what you were talking about, but it was like I predicted, you'll sure find out soon enough....AND THAT YOU DID!!!.....Confusednicker:
I guess giving your harrassing ASSHOLE attitude a rest and showing a little CLASS is not possible?? How about you get a life also outside of your ANNOYING ASSHOLE TROLL life... Unbelievable that you cant put this topic behind you and move on???? I have said that I was wrong about the velocities and acknowledged the talented arms NL has so why dont you drop the subject and move on pal and allow us folks over here that would like to talk a little 13th baseball a chance to do just that without having to deal with the nonstop Nonsense that you continue to go on about. Go back to the 15th region topics and entertain all your "friends" over there, just go away and enjoy your miserable life please or show a little class and move on from the nonsense, I believe everyone has heard enough.
Getting back to baseball, the reason I don't have South as high as most is they really lost the heart and soul of their team with Sears and Abner (their leadoff hitter) graduating. They are still talented, especially in the infield. My big question mark for them is pitching. Neal is a big talent, but he wasn't able to throw many innings last year, some arm troubles I believe. If he is at full force on the mound, then yes they will be as good as anybody. If not, I'm not sure where their shutdowns arms will come from.
And I do have Knox Central higher than most, because I have seen firsthand quite a few times their young talent, when they were at the middle school level. Most of those kids are sophomores now, and I think ready to make a step up. Not as high on Corbin, because they graduated their best arms, and I wasn't overall impressed by their younger talent. Still, looks like at least seven teams that might have a legit shot.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I guess giving your harrassing ASSHOLE attitude a rest and showing a little CLASS is not possible?? How about you get a life also outside of your ANNOYING ASSHOLE TROLL life... Unbelievable that you cant put this topic behind you and move on???? I have said that I was wrong about the velocities and acknowledged the talented arms NL has so why dont you drop the subject and move on pal and allow us folks over here that would like to talk a little 13th baseball a chance to do just that without having to deal with the nonstop Nonsense that you continue to go on about. Go back to the 15th region topics and entertain all your "friends" over there, just go away and enjoy your miserable life please or show a little class and move on from the nonsense, I believe everyone has heard enough.

lol....Not a troll here cuz...If you remember and actually want to take the time to go back and read the original thread, all I did was post the score of the game and congratulate NL on having a fine team and telling about what talented pitchers they had...BUUUUUUUT NOOOOOOO, you and MHSdingaling had to put your know-it-all two cents worth in, (that ended up showing that you had absolutely no clue whatsoever about what you were talking about)..AND THEN YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME THE TROLL?...lol.........Oh, now that's rich there cuz!!!!

But anyways at least you did have the manliness to own up to being wrong, and that's something that ole dingaling doesn't seem to have the kahunas to do...

And as far as everybody hearing enough?....When I get a formal apology from dingaling, and he wants to shed a little bit of that arrogant, in reality, know nothing attitude, then we'll see what we can do, Untill then?................you'll probably continue to hear the real facts on a lot of things.

lol..And as far as class, I believe my original post showed that very thing, until you two numbskulls had to sabotage the thread with your smart butt comments towards me. It's a two way street there cuz....

Sorry to upset you and dingalings little life there at the country club, Judge Smails....haha
Van Hagar Wrote:Getting back to baseball, the reason I don't have South as high as most is they really lost the heart and soul of their team with Sears and Abner (their leadoff hitter) graduating. They are still talented, especially in the infield. My big question mark for them is pitching. Neal is a big talent, but he wasn't able to throw many innings last year, some arm troubles I believe. If he is at full force on the mound, then yes they will be as good as anybody. If not, I'm not sure where their shutdowns arms will come from.
And I do have Knox Central higher than most, because I have seen firsthand quite a few times their young talent, when they were at the middle school level. Most of those kids are sophomores now, and I think ready to make a step up. Not as high on Corbin, because they graduated their best arms, and I wasn't overall impressed by their younger talent. Still, looks like at least seven teams that might have a legit shot.

I have a question for you Van....I know there is only a limited number of kids that can be chosen for the East West All Star game, but I was just wondering if there was a sophomore in the 13th that was considered to be a better option than Mallory? Hurley was on the team , but not him...It's kinda hard for me to imagine a better soph than Mallory. Was it just a perception of NL having two on the team?
That's all I can figure, because even though Hurley gives you the eye-popping speed, Mallory actually had better pitching numbers overall, plus he hit well for most of the season, did tail off towards the last few weeks. Actually, the best overall sophomore (junior this year) on the team is Ethan Maxey, the catcher, who had the best offensive numbers outside of Carson and is a phenomenal defensive player. If he keeps his head on straight, he may have the biggest upside of any of them.
Thanks Van, I don't know our full schedule for this year yet, but I have enjoyed playing NL the last 2 years. Hopefully you are on it again. You have a lot of talent on that team.
Same here, our schedule on the KHSAA website doesn't have us playing right now, but they are always games added, hopefully that would be one of them. Are you guys going to be really good again? P'burg wound up being pretty doggone good, but I was still shocked you all weren't in the state.
Quote:just wondering if there was a sophomore in the 13th that was considered to be a better option than Mallory?

Are you speaking overall or pitching wise?
Van Hagar Wrote:Well actually there is a fourth, Austin Thompson the regular right fielder, who was a low-80's man. He threw the game at Harlan Co. that the Black Bears won in the bottom of the seventh, but had some arm trouble and didn't throw a whole lot of innings. He will be a big key for North to repeat. Hurley, Mallory and Leisge from Harlan Co. played together on a summer team, (plus some others from this area), and Hurley did occasionally max out at 90 this summer. Reports I got about the team said he threw hardest, but Leisge was probably the best overall pitcher on the team. They had a great matchup in the regional finals, when Leisge, I felt, got pulled too quick. Would love to see them go head to head in the final game again this year.
That would be the dream matchup in the finals again with those two kids on the mound (Hurley/Leisge) The Regional final was a hell of a game this past year, would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out if Leisge had not been pulled in the bottom of the 7th. We also got reports here that both kids did a hell of job pitching for the Ky Halos this past summer.
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....Not a troll here cuz...If you remember and actually want to take the time to go back and read the original thread, all I did was post the score of the game and congratulate NL on having a fine team and telling about what talented pitchers they had...BUUUUUUUT NOOOOOOO, you and MHSdingaling had to put your know-it-all two cents worth in, (that ended up showing that you had absolutely no clue whatsoever about what you were talking about)..AND THEN YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME THE TROLL?...lol.........Oh, now that's rich there cuz!!!!

But anyways at least you did have the manliness to own up to being wrong, and that's something that ole dingaling doesn't seem to have the kahunas to do...

And as far as everybody hearing enough?....When I get a formal apology from dingaling, and he wants to shed a little bit of that arrogant, in reality, know nothing attitude, then we'll see what we can do, Untill then?................you'll probably continue to hear the real facts on a lot of things.

lol..And as far as class, I believe my original post showed that very thing, until you two numbskulls had to sabotage the thread with your smart butt comments towards me. It's a two way street there cuz....

Sorry to upset you and dingalings little life there at the country club, Judge Smails....haha

You have done nothing to warrant an apology. We have differing opinions on pitchers. That's it. You're rambling and I'm not really sure how to respond to all of your nonsense talk because very little of it is formulated into a coherent argument. I'm very comfortable with my comments and opinions to this point and am satisfied in our inability to reach an agreement. I don't need you to agree with me. I am confident enough in myself to carry on with baseball discussions without any need for validation from you nor any other poster.

Moving on about the sophomore all-stars last year, Jake Brock from Middlesboro was the other sophomore selected. He is a lot like a young Marcus Carson in that he has elite speed, a great glove, and above average arm. Jake was a very tough out for most teams in the 13th last year and I think that garnered him enough respect from opposing coaches to merit his selection.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:That would be the dream matchup in the finals again with those two kids on the mound (Hurley/Leisge) The Regional final was a hell of a game this past year, would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out if Leisge had not been pulled in the bottom of the 7th. We also got reports here that both kids did a hell of job pitching for the Ky Halos this past summer.

It really seemed like Leisge came out of no where last year. He is a very solid pitcher. Who will be behind the plate for HC this year.
Leisge was good as a sophomore and had a very solid record, but he was coming off surgery and still had to gain some strength. He became one of the top four or five pitchers in the region by the end of the season and should enter this year as one of the top two.
I agree that Leisge and Hurley would be a fabulous matchup in the finals. I thought Leisge gave everything he had last year, beating Clay in the first round of keeping North under control in the finals, but I think he was out of gas when he was taken out.

Scotty Bailey caught when Boggs pitched last year and could open there this year. Brendan Rutherford was the JV catcher last year as an eighth grader and did a nice job. Whether he needs another year as a reserve will be determined in the spring, I guess. He'll be the catcher at some point.
Van Hagar Wrote:Same here, our schedule on the KHSAA website doesn't have us playing right now, but they are always games added, hopefully that would be one of them. Are you guys going to be really good again? P'burg wound up being pretty doggone good, but I was still shocked you all weren't in the state.

We were on a huge winning streak going into the district and just laid on egg in the opener...Had something like 13 or 14 walks in the game..The weather the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season really got the whole staff out of kilter and it just ended up being one of those days..I really don't know exactly what happened. .But Prestonsburg represented our region well. They have a well coached team.

We should be pretty good again. We only lost 2 players (catcher and left fielder) and have all the pitching returning..
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:You have done nothing to warrant an apology. We have differing opinions on pitchers. That's it. You're rambling and I'm not really sure how to respond to all of your nonsense talk because very little of it is formulated into a coherent argument. I'm very comfortable with my comments and opinions to this point and am satisfied in our inability to reach an agreement. I don't need you to agree with me. I am confident enough in myself to carry on with baseball discussions without any need for validation from you nor any other poster.

Moving on about the sophomore all-stars last year, Jake Brock from Middlesboro was the other sophomore selected. He is a lot like a young Marcus Carson in that he has elite speed, a great glove, and above average arm. Jake was a very tough out for most teams in the 13th last year and I think that garnered him enough respect from opposing coaches to merit his selection.
I have to agree with you about Jake Brock, I really enjoy watching that kid play even if he does play for one our biggest rivals! I have heard he got hurt in football recently, is that true and if he did, what kind of condition is he in now.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:You have done nothing to warrant an apology. We have differing opinions on pitchers. That's it. You're rambling and I'm not really sure how to respond to all of your nonsense talk because very little of it is formulated into a coherent argument. I'm very comfortable with my comments and opinions to this point and am satisfied in our inability to reach an agreement. I don't need you to agree with me. I am confident enough in myself to carry on with baseball discussions without any need for validation from you nor any other poster.

Difference in opinion???? There was nothing to differ about dingaling...It was all a matter of black and white....The numbers on the gun was all conclusive to the whole discussion......Rambling? I'm not rambling. Hey, lets be honest, you cant respond back because I'm dead right on everything that I posted in regards to their velocities. It's indisputable. There was no other criteria involved in the whole discussion..... But go ahead and keep fabricating that line of BS. Truth be told, if Cuz can see and admit I was right , then every other poster knows you've made a fool out of yourself on this one.....But since I am not warranted an apology, I'll for certain remember that in the coming months...Just be ready....At least Cuz was man enough to admit that he was wrong....But I really never expected anything any different from you. That's usually how it goes with guys that think they know it all. The spit usually winds up blowing back in their face for the whole world to see...AND SEE IT THEY HAVE..:Clap:
Hitters_Count Wrote:Are you speaking overall or pitching wise?

Yeah, I guess that's what I was meaning....I probably wasn't giving the consideration to position players like I should have....Mallory is just an exceptional pitcher to be a sophomore, and I guess I was just surprised he wasn't there, but I realize there are only a limited number of spots available.
Listen if you can only have two per region I don't have any problem with Brock either, it was obvious all the way back in middle school that he was a great talent, particularly offensively. Hope he can play, rather see everybody at full strength. Lot of really good juniors in the region, Neal from South belongs in there as well.
Daniel neal was back on the mound this summer throwing in the mid 80's and up to 88 he is being recruited by several sec and acc schools. He is ranked #106 in the nation and #2 in ky in the 2015 class. There are a lot of good juniors in the 13 th this year at various schools probably more quality depth in the class that I have ever seem in the region ever.South could have some key players return this year to add pitching depth if they do play south could be very good the only big question mark could be catcher but miller and morris will still be better at that position than last year and if john jenkins plays which we hear he is catcher could be a plus position as well.Abner will be hard to replace but over all south will be better this year than last. There several good teams with a couple good arms each and the 13th will be very competitive this year.13th region champion in 2014 who ever is hottest at the time.
southcardsfan Wrote:Daniel neal was back on the mound this summer throwing in the mid 80's and up to 88 he is being recruited by several sec and acc schools. He is ranked #106 in the nation and #2 in ky in the 2015 class. There are a lot of good juniors in the 13 th this year at various schools probably more quality depth in the class that I have ever seem in the region ever.South could have some key players return this year to add pitching depth if they do play south could be very good the only big question mark could be catcher but miller and morris will still be better at that position than last year and if john jenkins plays which we hear he is catcher could be a plus position as well.Abner will be hard to replace but over all south will be better this year than last. There several good teams with a couple good arms each and the 13th will be very competitive this year.13th region champion in 2014 who ever is hottest at the time.
Neal is a great player with a powerful bat and will play D-1 baseball no doubt, but I dont think he will pitch in college. He is being recruited heavily for his bat and arm strength, he has a lot of work to do to become a consistent pitcher. Trey Martin will be South's best pitcher and he is also one of the best all around players in the region, but after that South's talent drops off considerably. They will however be a darn good team the next two years with these two guys leading them.
Joe Gaines at second and Zach Allen at first, along with Neal at third and Martin at short, all juniors, will give them arguably the best infield in the region. I think Morris will be fine at catcher. And beside Neal, they will have Allen, Martin and lefty Austin Vigeant that can all throw. Now that I look at their roster a little more closely, hmmm....I may have underrated them.
Van Hagar Wrote:Joe Gaines at second and Zach Allen at first, along with Neal at third and Martin at short, all juniors, will give them arguably the best infield in the region. I think Morris will be fine at catcher. And beside Neal, they will have Allen, Martin and lefty Austin Vigeant that can all throw. Now that I look at their roster a little more closely, hmmm....I may have underrated them.
Gaines is a really nice player for sure and Allen is a big strong kid.. They will be a very good team
I've heard there are some clubhouse issues with SL though. Supposedly, the kids are pretty wrapped up in travel ball/AAU teams that it sometimes interferes with their school team. I'm talking about arm fatigue, position played, and parent expectations.

Neal is an unbelievable talent and I think he will be playing division I baseball but I think this was a big part of his problem last year.
The big question though is who is the favorite in the 52nd? I'm guessing it's Harlan County since they are the defending champs, to follow your theory from a year ago.
I never liked that theory, but I'd still give Harlan County the edge, especially with Leisge back on the mound in big games.
Harlan County lost more to graduation, and it should be very competitive between the Bears and Jackets again.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I've heard there are some clubhouse issues with SL though. Supposedly, the kids are pretty wrapped up in travel ball/AAU teams that it sometimes interferes with their school team. I'm talking about arm fatigue, position played, and parent expectations.

Neal is an unbelievable talent and I think he will be playing division I baseball but I think this was a big part of his problem last year.

What are you talking about neal is a team player and supports team before himself and does not put travel ball first. And south does not have any more clubhouse problems than anyone else has,every team has unsatisfied kids and grumbling parents including yours. I try to put sensible thoughts on here about 13th baseball and you start trashing kids but that's what you usually do from what I have seen no wonder everybody on here calls you an idiot.
southcardsfan Wrote:What are you talking about neal is a team player and supports team before himself and does not put travel ball first. And south does not have any more clubhouse problems than anyone else has,every team has unsatisfied kids and grumbling parents including yours. I try to put sensible thoughts on here about 13th baseball and you start trashing kids but that's what you usually do from what I have seen no wonder everybody on here calls you an idiot.

:biglmao:

I would think it's safe to say he's reached legendary status on that.....