Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball in 2014
With his commitment to Army, will Fox play baseball this Spring?
1.N Laurel
2.S Laurel
3.HC
4.Mboro
5. Knox
6.Clay
7.Whitley
north laurel is a solid baseball club.
Ready for some baseball.
Anyone had a scrimmage game yet?
Losing Carson will hurt North badly. If I had to make a top 5 at this point it would go:

South
North
HC
Knox
Clay
HC has had 2 scrimmages beating Bell 3-0 very cold evening and beating Somerset today a very nice evening 14-5. Really nothing can be told of scrimmages just trying to get pitchers a little work and some swings at live arms.
Knox also had two scrimmages today. Beating Middlesboro 5-4 and Whitley 11-1. Knox looked sharp today considering this is the first time seeing live arms.
Scrimmage scores mean absolutely nothing. Zero. It is always nice to see live pitching from opposing pitchers though.
You're right they don't, but they were just stating what had happened.
What the score of Mboro and Whitley?
FanofThegame12 Wrote:You're right they don't, but they were just stating what had happened.

I wasn't even referring to his post specifically. In general, that is what I feel about scrimmages.

In reference to the MHS vs WCHS matchup, Middlesboro scored more runs. That said, Whitley could have very well have played several non starters. This is why I didn't take anything from the score of the game.

I was pleased with Middlesboro's performance in both scrimmages. MHS will travel to Union County, TN to start season on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Scrimmage scores mean absolutely nothing. Zero. It is always nice to see live pitching from opposing pitchers though.

From your comments I don't much believe you liked getting beat. And if I'm not mistaken Knox has had another good young player move in. Did he suit up in the scrimmages.
They are waiting until official confirmation is given from KHSAA before he participates with the team.
Clay scrimmaged Rockcastle last night. I need BGR's opinion on a call. A runner was on first, and broke to steal second, pop up was hit, and caught before he reached second. The runner kept going, and went on to third, and the umpire yells "2nd base was already acquired" what is the correct call? Should he have been out when clay threw the ball back to first?
Clay isn't getting much mention on here also I noticed. Not saying they will be the top team in the region, but definitely an eye opener. Got rid of a quite a few players and have a much deeper, more athletic team. Pitching rotation is solid with 5 kids who can really sling it. Can't wait till the weather warms up, it's baseball time!
Runner is out, as matter of fact, if the ball had been hit as a fly ball deep in the outfield and runner was half way to third, he would need to retouch 2nd on his way back to first. If he makes it back to first, but misses 2nd. He can be out on appeal.
BobbyKeith3 Wrote:Clay isn't getting much mention on here also I noticed. Not saying they will be the top team in the region, but definitely an eye opener. Got rid of a quite a few players and have a much deeper, more athletic team. Pitching rotation is solid with 5 kids who can really sling it. Can't wait till the weather warms up, it's baseball time!

If you got a 5 deep pitching staff, does not matter what is said on here, you will be a player.
KC 10 - W'Burg 0 on "The Hill" yesterday. Seth Hill picks up his first win going 4 complete and Drew Mills coming in relief for 2 innings before the Panthers run rule the Jackets. Hunter McRight hit a 2-run homer in the winning effort for the Panthers. KC is at Bell today.
Southwestern beat clay 3-1 for sw first win.
South Laurel 10 Clay Co 2
South Laurel 5. Middlesboro.2
FlippedOut Wrote:I know you said nothing bad about a kid. I did not say you did. I just wanted to know if you had done any research into Middlesboro this season. So I went and ask. The answer I got was no.

Middlesboro will have 3 kids on this season roster that did not play last year, and that is not talking about freshmen. 2 transfers and a catcher.

With all the returning players and new ones, don't be so fast to dismiss this team because they had trouble hitting a pitcher LAST YEAR.

I didn't get to attend the game Wednesday, but I watched part of the game Monday and I'm not sure who the new guys are besides Frazier.
Someone said Foister would be playing, but I didn't see him. Someone said they would have a new catcher, but Prater was there both games.
Of the starters on Monday, I think Brock, Millett, Yoakum, Hale, Pratter, Mike and Crawford played last year.
I know Frazier was injured. I'm not sure about McCullough and Ball.
You also mentioned freshmen, but I see none on the roster.
Monday nights game, 3 new, since you refuse to do your research and talk to Smith, Catcher: Frazier, did not play the field Monday night.(arm) Other two, Partin did not make trip illness (Bell)pretty good outfielder and hits fairly well., McCullough was the 8th grader my bad not freshman starts short. Foister back out last minute and did not play which hurts. If you need Smiths number PM me so you can get it right.

On another note HC at this point is better. We are having a lot of difficulty hitting.
I just said Frazier and McCullough. I didn't see Partin in the lineup.
I talked to coach Smith after the game, but I didn't see any point in analyzing the roster.
Since Frazier was part of the program, just injured, and McCullough moved up from middle school (every team has players doing that), the only NEW player is Partin.

The Foister case is why you don't figure guys like that into your preseason picks. If they are a senior and haven't played in a while, the chances are they won't be there.
Plus, most teams will have a new player or two. Harlan County has Wilson and Brown.
No one is smart enough to start analyzing teams based on players who didn't play for anyone the year before.
Every summer, basketball teams have players who are GOING to play next year who haven't played before. Middlesboro had several, for example. Most of them didn't actually show up.
Need his number, I got it. Let me know.
Hitters_Count Wrote:KC 10 - W'Burg 0 on "The Hill" yesterday. Seth Hill picks up his first win going 4 complete and Drew Mills coming in relief for 2 innings before the Panthers run rule the Jackets. Hunter McRight hit a 2-run homer in the winning effort for the Panthers. KC is at Bell today.

I would have to say Knox has been a big disappointment so for, there finding.life a little harder when everyone is not overlooking them and saving there pitching for someone else. If they don't start getting some clutch hitting things are not going to get any better.