Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the ksfw sabotage the deer firearms seasons
FROM THE 2013 HUNTING AND TRAPPING GUIDE:
MODERN GUN SEASON: NOV. 9-18 OR NOV. 9-24 DEPENDING ON ZONE
MUZZLELOADER SEASONS: OCT. 19-20 OR DEC. 14-22
CROSSBOW SEASONS: OCT. 1-20 AND NOV. 9-DEC.31

DIRECT QUOTE FRON GUIDE:

HUNTERS MAY TAKE DEER WITH CROSSBOWS AND ARCHERY GEAR DURING CROSSBOW SEASONS, BUT SHALL NOT USE FIREARMS TO TAKE DEER DURING CROSSBOW SEASONS.

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PEOPLE READ THIS AND THEY ALL COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION. HUNTERS THAT USE FIREARMS TO HUNT DEER MAY NOT HUNT FROM OCT. 19-OCT 20, NOV.9-24, OR DCE. 14-22. :dontthink
WHAT IS EVERYONE'S TAKE ON THIS?
WORM Wrote:FROM THE 2013 HUNTING AND TRAPPING GUIDE:
MODERN GUN SEASON: NOV. 9-18 OR NOV. 9-24 DEPENDING ON ZONE
MUZZLELOADER SEASONS: OCT. 19-20 OR DEC. 14-22
CROSSBOW SEASONS: OCT. 1-20 AND NOV. 9-DEC.31

DIRECT QUOTE FRON GUIDE:

HUNTERS MAY TAKE DEER WITH CROSSBOWS AND ARCHERY GEAR DURING CROSSBOW SEASONS, BUT SHALL NOT USE FIREARMS TO TAKE DEER DURING CROSSBOW SEASONS.

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PEOPLE READ THIS AND THEY ALL COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION. HUNTERS THAT USE FIREARMS TO HUNT DEER MAY NOT HUNT FROM OCT. 19-OCT 20, NOV.9-24, OR DCE. 14-22. :dontthink
WHAT IS EVERYONE'S TAKE ON THIS?

Not what I'm reading. What zone do you hunt in worm?

The guide is simply saying once modern gun ends, you can't continue to hunt with a modern gun during crossbow season. Not new to our zones in Northern Kentucky.

If you have continued to hunt modern gun thinking you could in the past during crossbow you would be doing it wrong and your local C/O would like to have a word with you and others who thought you could.

What page in the guide are you reading from?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I have seen this for a few years now. I can understand this rule. People in Eastern Kentucky take more than just their 3 deer. 1 antlered and 2 slick heads during gun and muzzle loader. They take advantage of them. That is why they make tougher and tougher restrictions and laws.