Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge Transfer
East Ridge just got a 6'9" transfer from Baltimore, Maryland. Cousin to Teon Knox who played for Coach McCoy at Pikeville College. Family has relocated to Elkhorn City. Player was all state in the state of Maryland last year. 22.3ppg, 14rpg and 5 block shots per game. Should make the Warriors a favorite in the 15th region this year.
Nothing would surprise me with McCoy as coach.
Met this kid over the weekend, probly more like 6'7, but still a big boy!
Looks like the Candian pipeline has been extended to Baltimore, MD. It's really a shame what mountain basketball has become. Not just ER. The smaller high school's got consolidated and it still isn't good enough. The adminstrator's at these school's should be ashamed. But it's win at all cost even if it takes playing time from a kid that's been with a program for year's.
What's the kid's name?
Big Don Wrote:Looks like the Candian pipeline has been extended to Baltimore, MD. It's really a shame what mountain basketball has become. Not just ER. The smaller high school's got consolidated and it still isn't good enough. The adminstrator's at these school's should be ashamed. But it's win at all cost even if it takes playing time from a kid that's been with a program for year's.
You must be one of those parents whose son did not make the team??
Yeah, he got cut in the 5th grade after accidentally messing in his shorts at halftime in the semifinals of the county tourney.
PantherTradition Wrote:Nothing would surprise me with McCoy as coach.

A Pikeville fan complaining about a transfer? McCoy better hope he is a Sr. or he will be at Pikeville next year.
region Wrote:A Pikeville fan complaining about a transfer? McCoy better hope he is a Sr. or he will be at Pikeville next year.

I was about to post the same thing.
It never ends ,some of the bigger schools just keep getting richer.
pugsley79 Wrote:East Ridge just got a 6'9" transfer from Baltimore, Maryland. Cousin to Teon Knox who played for Coach McCoy at Pikeville College. Family has relocated to Elkhorn City. Player was all state in the state of Maryland last year. 22.3ppg, 14rpg and 5 block shots per game. Should make the Warriors a favorite in the 15th region this year.

Does transfer have a name or should we just call him "Cousin to Teon Knox"?

Crazy how HSBB has turned into a recruiting battle in the state. It's not just EKY doing it (although they are excelling at it)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
36 weeks sitting out with no exceptions would end a lot this recruiting stuff.
alfus21 Wrote:Does transfer have a name or should we just call him "Cousin to Teon Knox"?

Crazy how HSBB has turned into a recruiting battle in the state. It's not just EKY doing it (although they are excelling at it)
Cousin to Teon Knox has a nice ring to it.
He have a name?
Panther fans you will know his name real well by end of basketball season. Panthers don't recruit do
they. No they just get injunctions and lie on people.
Soon as paperwork gets back from KHSAA I will let you know his name OK don't worry. Ask the Silvers man he might know him. This player isn't no benchwarmer. Maryland, Georgetown and Georgia Tech have offered him.
Lol good for them. Should be an exciting guy to watch play.
The spoiled brats at Pikeville at getting beat at their own game. If this guy is as good as advertised, along with Johnny and Tony and the others. East Ridge should be the favorite this year.
pugsley79 Wrote:Soon as paperwork gets back from KHSAA I will let you know his name OK don't worry. Ask the Silvers man he might know him. This player isn't no benchwarmer. Maryland, Georgetown and Georgia Tech have offered him.

No offense, but it's not like you're protecting him or anything by not saying his name. Tell us his name so we can talk about the player and not the rumor.

Unless you inflated his stats, size, offers, etc. and don't want people to see that.
pugsley79 Wrote:East Ridge just got a 6'9" transfer from Baltimore, Maryland. Cousin to Teon Knox who played for Coach McCoy at Pikeville College. Family has relocated to Elkhorn City. Player was all state in the state of Maryland last year. 22.3ppg, 14rpg and 5 block shots per game. Should make the Warriors a favorite in the 15th region this year.

I think his parents got a job at the Rusty Fork Café. HAHAHAHA

:biglmao:

sorry couldn’t resist
The Artist Wrote:The spoiled brats at Pikeville at getting beat at their own game. If this guy is as good as advertised, along with Johnny and Tony and the others. East Ridge should be the favorite this year.
Okay. Continue the name calling lol. Like I said, will be fun to watch a guy with his talents play and watch our school compete against him. Best of luck to the kid and the ER program.
Good coaches get good players, this kid coming to ER will be the best player in the 15th region this year, possible all of Eastern KY. With Wolter, this kid and the other kid that is coming, ER will be a force not just in the 15th, but in the state. ER very well could hang a state banner in their gym that matches SV and Paintsville.
If hConfusedinglepare is that good how did cordia miss out on him!!! LOL
Great ones beat other coaches and teams at their own game, only he did it FIRST and can still do it the best. Get this talent eligible and go ahead mail the district at regional titles to:

East Ridge High School
19471 Lick Mountain Rd
Lick Creek, KY 41540

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::notworthy:1::thanks::rockon:
Not sure he would fall under the category of great
Can't say no name until paperwork gets back from KHSAA. Father got job at Elkhorn Stone. watched him play in open gym and this kid is for real. Seriously.
EKY Wrote:Good coaches get good players, this kid coming to ER will be the best player in the 15th region this year, possible all of Eastern KY. With Wolter, this kid and the other kid that is coming, ER will be a force not just in the 15th, but in the state. ER very well could hang a state banner in their gym that matches SV and Paintsville.

It will NEVER match either of these schools. Because they were done with EKY Boys!

All these transfers over the last couple of years and how many trips to state?..............:Shaking:

Cause the Good Ole Boys keep sending them home.

One thing the transfers don't have or know anything about, that the Home Grown Boys do have and know.

That DESIRE and WANT to play on that Rupp Arena Floor! THE SHOW!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Not saying anything negative about heart and desire, I had both and played in the state tournament in Rupp Arena, but as far as the most talented team this side of Lexington, East Ridge is going to be loaded with the addition of this kid, he CAN play. The powers that wanted to build a regional championship team have definitely taken a BIG step in the right direction!
Lot of hyping the kid and team up, but I think most people just want to know his name at this point. It's not like your going to hinder the big investigation by mentioning it.

It takes a lot more than 1 player to win. I have a good feeling this thread will be brought back up at the end of the season.
Today, I heard East Ridge is possibly getting one other player, in addition to this kid. Anyone heard this as well.