Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Patrick Sparks Overrated?
i dont think he is the best of player he is alright i honestly think bradley should start over him..but their doing fine right now
Sparks is a good player, he is a fine fit in Blue and White, if he would have gotten the look by Tubby in the first place then he would have been molded into a much better player by now, but I think that Sparks is only a Junior, I think he is the leader of this squad and will be next year also if he is just a Junior.
i think sparks is a truley good player
he is off sometimes but he serves as a great second leader for the cats behind hayes
he is clutch and can step up whenever u need him
tubby will just improve him over this and next season
Sparks just doesn't impress me, yea he hit 2 threes and had an amazing layup last night, but most of the time he doesn't do much to help the team. He's too inconsistent. One half he may play amazing or one game he may play amazing(which hasn't happened since UL) and then the next play terrible. He cannot be relied on.
i agree
i hate to agree with that, but its true
thats true GF. Thats why he played wherever he did before UK. It wasnt D-1 i know that
sparks is now starting to his shot bak...how good he does will determine how far the cats go..they need his tri factas
3 letters YES
It's not that he is overrated, He is just in a slump right now. I believe he should stay in the starting 5 though. They all have things they need to work on not just Sparks...
i agree belfry pride..lol.....sparks is just in one of those shooter slumps rite now..but in the last few games i think hes stepped up his game and defensive intensity....
FG 88-227 .388 3 PT 52-149 .349 FT 35-46 .761

Do I think he's overrated? No, but only because I didn't think he was that good to begin with.
If he is just in a slump right now then he shouldn't be in the starting 5. Maybe a 6th man, but I think that would be pushing it. Like someone said, he is too inconsistant. To be a good D-1 player you have to have consistancy, and I can't think of anyone on the team right now who actually is consistant.

I agree with whoever said UK is overachieving right now. I really don't see them doing any good in the playoffs though.
thank you CTD...ive been telling people that all the time, kentucky is having a great season, but dont expect ne final four this year....be happy for a sweet 16 instead
Sparks has his up days and his down days. But so does Azubike, Rondo, Hayes, etc. Today was just more argument for him NOT being overrated. You don't play like that AT Alabama and be overrated.
i want everyone who said he shouldnt be in the starting to 5 to look at the big shots he made...
Sparks gave us a "Spark" today on offense !!! Glad to see him break out and have a great game !!!
Maybe him and Buike have decided to take this team over. And their timing couldn't be better.
Sparks has the same problem every player on UK's team has:

HE PLAYS UP TO THE COMPETITION
i wouldnt go that far, but in some ways that is true